Pregnancy And Parenting

Hopefully the wee one will be born in P.R.I as alot of 1st time Perth mothers are having to go through to Ninewells in Dundee.

Imagine the shame of having born in Dundee on it's birth certificate!!!! :lol:

Just a wild stab in the dark here but I'd guess 'READINGSaintee' with a location of Burghfield in Berkshire which, in case you haven't already got the hint is NEAR READING, is fairly unlikely to be having a child at either Ninewells or PRI. :rolleyes:

Don't give up the day job for a career in detective work though Larsson. ;)

Just a wild stab in the dark here but I'd guess 'READINGSaintee' with a location of Burghfield in Berkshire which, in case you haven't already got the hint is NEAR READING, is fairly unlikely to be having a child at either Ninewells or PRI. :rolleyes:

Being born in Dundee or being born in England...mmm that's still a tough call.

And, more importantly, it can leave you with no feeling what so ever, waist down, for ever!

The risk of that is tiny, and believe me if you've been awake for 2.5 days you'll take anything going!

I was going to have a natural birth..............ha! two contractions later gas and air, couple more diamorphine, 20 mins later get me the epidural dude!!

I had forceps and 14 stiches too!!

My wee one is currently on the floor beside me giggling away under his play gym!

Best advice I got was actually from Whistle Blower on here, agree that anything said to each other between 10pm and 6am is not held against each other!

I didn't bother with the books as every baby is so different.

The risk of that is tiny, and believe me if you've been awake for 2.5 days you'll take anything going!

I was going to have a natural birth..............ha! two contractions later gas and air, couple more diamorphine, 20 mins later get me the epidural dude!!

My wee one is currently on the floor beside me giggling away under his play gym!

Best advice I got was actually from Whistle Blower on here, agree that anything said to each other between 10pm and 6am is not held against each other!

Too much information!

Every delivery is different too. If the mums to be dont want any pain relief then its perfectly possible to do it without. The advice we got was to think about it in advance and make plans - not necessarily one plan that you then cant stick too. My gf decided very early on that she didnt want any pain relief and has had two children without taking anything. Breathing is the key ... I believe!

Hopefully the wee one will be born in P.R.I as alot of 1st time Perth mothers are having to go through to Ninewells in Dundee.

as someone has kindly pointed out, i live in just outside reading.

But my nearest hospital is, and the name on the birth certificate, will be.......................

BASINGSTOKE!!!

EDIT: I have told my mrs we will be driving north on week 39 and I will floor it past Gretna just incase!

Edited by Reading Saintee

"Child birth pain is a myth!!!!!"

Many a time I have said that in the last 8 months to grahamsgal. Things tend to go a bit dark after it!

At the anti-natal classes the midwife got all guys there to pull at each side of their mouth's with their index fingers, pulling your cheeks away from your face and keep going until it burns along your lips. It's apparently a very very mild version of the pain when the head is crowning :ph34r:

I don't know what all the fuss women make is all about. I witnessed my second son being born and during contractions my wife would fall asleep, or burst out laughing. She got all the drugs, all I got was a rather horrific view of the mess she was making as she pushed.

Reading Saintee, I feel sorry for you mate. You're going to have to watch as your wife goes through every extreme emotion - she'll not care that she's hurting your feelings or leaving you ripped to pieces, and none of your family or friends will ever ask how you are bearing up. It's 9 months of pure attention seeking by the woman...and it's no wonder so many get depressed once the baby is born and steals all the attention back off them.

Good luck.

as someone has kindly pointed out, i live in just outside reading.

But my nearest hospital is, and the name on the birth certificate, will be.......................

BASINGSTOKE!!!

:lol:

What a clown.

The bit in bold explains why the first bit happened.

Aye....but so why was it such a big deal? Why was I supposed to feel sorry for her? Don't get me wrong, it was impressive..I've never seen a mess like it in my life. I've never smelled anything like it in my life - not even at Cappielow.

It's the poor midwife I felt sorry for.

Aye and Call Centre workers have the cheek to claim they have a "shit" job.... ;):rolleyes:

Hoi! My job is immense. If I was told at school that I'd end up getting decent money for playing games and surfing the net for 6 hours per night I'd have been ecstatic!

If they told me I was destined to fit pipes I'd have contributed to Scotlands teen suicide rate. :P