Pregnancy And Parenting

My mrs is 13 weeks pregnant, had the scan, all is well. but i am a nervous wreck!

i have been reading the books and magazines to try and prepare myself, got the family car now too.

is it normal to be nervous about everything?? does it ease?

good thing is, i'm drinking for 3 now!

My mrs is 13 weeks pregnant, had the scan, all is well. but i am a nervous wreck!

i have been reading the books and magazines to try and prepare myself, got the family car now too.

Aaah, thats sweet that you are reading up on everything!

Congratulations

Get in touch with The National Childbirth Trust http://www.nct.org.uk/home. They have parenthood classes. Yes, it's middle-class and twee but there is some good info to be gleaned from the courses and, better than that, you meet other folk in the same situation and you realise you're not alone. However, nothing will prepare you for the moment when you walk out of the hospital with your wee bundle and you realise that it's your responsibility.

It will change your life but, in my opinion, for the better.

Get in touch with The National Childbirth Trust http://www.nct.org.uk/home. They have parenthood classes. Yes, it's middle-class and twee but there is some good info to be gleaned from the courses and, better than that, you meet other folk in the same situation and you realise you're not alone. However, nothing will prepare you for the moment when you walk out of the hospital with your wee bundle and you realise that it's your responsibility.

It will change your life but, in my opinion, for the better.

banging, cheers for that. my mrs has mentioned classes before and there on a tuesday night, thats football training night!!

:) She'll be due about the same time as me! I'm almost 14 weeks now. I bought my husband a book - The Blokes Guide to Pregnancy... I'd recommend it, it's quite funny, but also pretty informative. Just remember that however nervous and paranoid you're feeling, your mrs will be feeling it 10 times worse! Enjoy!

My missus is 23 weeks and it's been something of a rollercoaster. She had chronic sickness at about week 10, vomiting violently a dozen or so times a day for two weeks, which was quite unsettling, and we had an early scare as well, which wasn't nice.

But things are lot easier just now and we're both fairly relaxed - the 20 week scan showed the baby was perfectly healthy, and we're now feeling her kick and move a lot.

So to answer your question, yeah, it definitely eases, although tensions will no doubt rise again as the big day looms.

Best of luck.

When it get's to 8 months and 28 days, she'll really want a shag. I kid you not. :)

I never got to that stage :(:lol:

It's a stressful time. I never went to any parenthood classes, I asked a midwife and she said if you knwo how to change a nappy and not to kick the baby across the room there isn't much point going.

And I have one piece of advice for expectant mums.

Take the epidural

:) She'll be due about the same time as me! I'm almost 14 weeks now. I bought my husband a book - The Blokes Guide to Pregnancy... I'd recommend it, it's quite funny, but also pretty informative. Just remember that however nervous and paranoid you're feeling, your mrs will be feeling it 10 times worse! Enjoy!

i got that one, it is very good! when you due? we're 11 august

It doesn't matter how many books you read,no matter how many times your friends and family tell you about their pregnancy,it wont matter,because it's different for everyone. Just enjoy being parents. :D

Guest The Phoenix
It doesn't matter how many books you read,no matter how many times your friends and family tell you about their pregnancy,it wont matter,because it's different for everyone. Just enjoy being parents. :D

Hear! Hear!

Well said, that Lady. :D

29th July! :D Have you had your first scan yet? It's amazing!

yeah i did laugh at the scan, they couldnt see it on the belly ultrasound so probing was done, i was pissing myself when the wifee was lubing up the probe and my mrs was gettin changed, she didnt have a clue what was coming!

Oh and see all these people who say......oohh it's your first you'll go late......they lie. Of PB'ers along and IIRC correctly, Ayrgirl, HCG and I have all gone early with our firsts!

I'm not a lady but my wife was so overdue with our first that we started living life normally again (or as normally as you can in that situation). A full two weeks overdue.

I'm not a lady but my wife was so overdue with our first that we started living life normally again (or as normally as you can in that situation). A full two weeks overdue.

It's hard for both of you when it gets to that stage,I was two weeks and three days overdue,and I just wanted the baby out as I couldn't sleep,and I couldn't go anywhere I wanted to go. :(