Pregnancy And Parenting

49 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

My son is 2 years and 3 months old. He's quite quick to pick most things up but his speech is perhaps a little behind where we would expect. His nursery isn't concerned. Anybody been in this boat? 

He's maybe got 30 words he can say but only uses about 10 regularly without prompt. Only occasionally puts two words together. He blethers away in baby speak a lot and is quite social. He understands a lot as he can point out things you ask him about. 

Boys speech tends to develop more slowly than girls. My son didn't say much before he was three. A couple of friends who had girls first then boys were concerned but all came on just fine! I had a boy then girls, even at the baby noises stage they were earlier and more vocal.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Thanks. The problem is for applying online it just says 'we'll tell you what documents you need to provide'. If you want to work out Before you begin whether of its easier to do online or by post you cant. 

21 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Thanks. The problem is for applying online it just says 'we'll tell you what documents you need to provide'. If you want to work out Before you begin whether of its easier to do online or by post you cant. 

It is easy to do online. You have to send documents in the post, but the online application is straightforward, and makes the countersign bit easy as it’s just a case of the person getting sent an email with a link to complete.

We applied for our youngest’s first passport a couple of months ago, came back in about 3 weeks. 

16 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

It is easy to do online. You have to send documents in the post, but the online application is straightforward, and makes the countersign bit easy as it’s just a case of the person getting sent an email with a link to complete.

We applied for our youngest’s first passport a couple of months ago, came back in about 3 weeks. 

Great thanks. Good to know it won't take forever too, my wife is desperate to go somewhere abroad. We were last away January 2020 and she's 40 this year.

On 14/05/2023 at 08:04, Falcor Roar said:

Great thanks. Good to know it won't take forever too, my wife is desperate to go somewhere abroad. We were last away January 2020 and she's 40 this year.

Currently doing the passport thing as well for our two month old, getting a picture is always quite funny, took us ages trying to get an acceptable one for when the older one was almost 2, just wouldn't stand still and kept on laughing at us, which was funny, but time consuming having to check on the website after every few pics.

Also, going on holiday abroad with even one kid is not a holiday, airports with young kids in particular is a fucking stressful experience. Said to the missus I can't be arsed going on holiday again until they're older. We're going away again this year, to a no doubt hell-hole children friendly hotel, it would be an understatement to say I'm utterly dreading it. Funny how that happened.

16 hours ago, thistledo said:

Currently doing the passport thing as well for our two month old, getting a picture is always quite funny, took us ages trying to get an acceptable one for when the older one was almost 2, just wouldn't stand still and kept on laughing at us, which was funny, but time consuming having to check on the website after every few pics.

Also, going on holiday abroad with even one kid is not a holiday, airports with young kids in particular is a fucking stressful experience. Said to the missus I can't be arsed going on holiday again until they're older. We're going away again this year, to a no doubt hell-hole children friendly hotel, it would be an understatement to say I'm utterly dreading it. Funny how that happened.

The best holidays, I found, was booking a cottage somewhere. Hotels and kids are just too cramped. You're all tripping over each other. 

Still happy. 

Still more content in the water than on land. 

Is now the middle child of three bairns split between the wife and her sister, with an older girl and younger boy now on the scene. The girl is already warming up to terrorise the two of them as soon as they’re all walking. 

6CF31FAE-3959-4D9E-8DF0-164514B46CEB.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Still happy. 

Still more content in the water than on land. 

Is now the middle child of three bairns split between the wife and her sister, with an older girl and younger boy now on the scene. The girl is already warming up to terrorise the two of them as soon as they’re all walking. 

6CF31FAE-3959-4D9E-8DF0-164514B46CEB.jpeg

What are you feeding him?!

36 minutes ago, RH33 said:

What are you feeding him?!

He’s been on porridge or a poached egg and toast in the morning for about a month now. Curry or something and fruit purée of an afternoon then milk before bed. Eats anything out in front of him  

He’s 28lb10 and 73.5cm long. He feels heavier, tho. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

He’s been on porridge or a poached egg and toast in the morning for about a month now. Curry or something and fruit purée of an afternoon then milk before bed. Eats anything out in front of him  

He’s 28lb10 and 73.5cm long. He feels heavier, tho. 

Good solid mid/back then! He's adorable, big smile.

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The best holidays, I found, was booking a cottage somewhere. Hotels and kids are just too cramped. You're all tripping over each other. 

Yeah I want to do this. The first holiday abroad was actually a fairly big villa with 6 adults and our child, she just has so much energy that by day 3 or 4 everyone was like fucking hell this is tiring. 

On 15/05/2023 at 16:35, thistledo said:

That's my thinking too, I'll be dreading it. Mrs wants to go back to Portugal because we used to go there twice a year. But that was when it was just us and we could get pissed up and have a big lunch in the sun and walk for miles exploring places. 

I suggested we book a hotel on Lindesfarne Island outside Berwick upon tweed. Let's just find somewhere safe with no traffic and lots of beaches for the boy to play on but I don't think 10 miles over the Scottish border was exotic enough. 

1 hour ago, Falcor Roar said:

That's my thinking too, I'll be dreading it. Mrs wants to go back to Portugal because we used to go there twice a year. But that was when it was just us and we could get pissed up and have a big lunch in the sun and walk for miles exploring places. 

I suggested we book a hotel on Lindesfarne Island outside Berwick upon tweed. Let's just find somewhere safe with no traffic and lots of beaches for the boy to play on but I don't think 10 miles over the Scottish border was exotic enough. 

What age is the child? Could give it a go, the above would definitely be do-able for a relatively new born up to about maybe 6 months as they'd just sleep, feed and poop, which on the go should be easy. We walked into a nearby town one day with a few of us and child, she slept in the buggy for about 2hrs which meant a few chilled drinks and tapas. Then she woke and wanted entertained which meant I was kicking a ball about outside a wee bar in an old side street, which was kinda cool as f**k, but hours on end of "watch the lady/person/man" "don't do that" "get out of the way" "please don't kick the ball away" in the heat takes it's toll on you later on. 

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

What age is the child? Could give it a go, the above would definitely be do-able for a relatively new born up to about maybe 6 months as they'd just sleep, feed and poop, which on the go should be easy. We walked into a nearby town one day with a few of us and child, she slept in the buggy for about 2hrs which meant a few chilled drinks and tapas. Then she woke and wanted entertained which meant I was kicking a ball about outside a wee bar in an old side street, which was kinda cool as f**k, but hours on end of "watch the lady/person/man" "don't do that" "get out of the way" "please don't kick the ball away" in the heat takes it's toll on you later on. 

He's two and a half so he's at the stage where he can understand basic instructions but is usually inclined not to follow them. He does nap during the day for an hour at least. I just think carrying him on public transport and along busy roads sounds like a pain in the arse. Eating out can be hit or miss I'm terms of enjoyment, I usually shovel my food down Quickly while trying in vain to keep him occupied.