Pregnancy And Parenting

Been really struggling with toilet training the 2.5 yr old, regressed big time since the wee man was born, which is murder as she's some size for her age and on the verge of being unable to fit into nappies, but I think she sees all the attention he gets and wants to be a baby again. Anyway, she asked to do a pee again the other night and actually did it, never celebrated anyone doing a pish so much in my life. High fives all round, weird as f**k being a dad isn't it. 

4 hours ago, thistledo said:

Been really struggling with toilet training the 2.5 yr old, regressed big time since the wee man was born, which is murder as she's some size for her age and on the verge of being unable to fit into nappies, but I think she sees all the attention he gets and wants to be a baby again. Anyway, she asked to do a pee again the other night and actually did it, never celebrated anyone doing a pish so much in my life. High fives all round, weird as f**k being a dad isn't it. 

Think we are both going through the same thing, 2.5 yr old was doing pretty well with potty training, we had bought pull ups and she was proudly wearing them, then baby came and she regressed. She used to tell us right away when she had done a shite too, but now doesn't and denies it if you ask, which if we don't smell it and see it, just leads to her sitting in it and getting rashes. Like yourself, I'm sure it's an attention thing mostly. I have my fingers crossed that lacrosse will be Isla and daddy's own wee thing and it will help her feel more paid attention to. 

20 hours ago, Torpar said:

Think we are both going through the same thing, 2.5 yr old was doing pretty well with potty training, we had bought pull ups and she was proudly wearing them, then baby came and she regressed. She used to tell us right away when she had done a shite too, but now doesn't and denies it if you ask, which if we don't smell it and see it, just leads to her sitting in it and getting rashes. Like yourself, I'm sure it's an attention thing mostly. I have my fingers crossed that lacrosse will be Isla and daddy's own wee thing and it will help her feel more paid attention to. 

Yeah all sounds familiar, although annoyingly she'll tell us she needs a shite and we'll offer toilet or potty, but instead she'll hide behind the curtain or under the kitchen table to do it and then tell us. I've tried to many times to explain in the simplest terms why we me and her mum don't shit ourselves and use the toilet, doesn't seem to work though. Best of luck to you!

On 22/10/2022 at 04:05, Grant228 said:

The little one came on Monday, fair fucks to any female members of PnB who have went through labour, after 26 hours of it she asked for a C section. Despite being a week early he came out at 9lb 2oz, the midwife said it was absolutely the correct decision to have a C section, no danger he was coming out natural! 

20221017_132412.thumb.jpg.b66006d383679ccc7d7928ba982181d8.jpg

Behold Baby Hamish, the reason why I'm awake at 4 in the morning 😭

He's over six months and it's absolutely flown in, no matter how bad a day it is, a smile and a laugh fair lights it up. And he smiles at pretty much anything, wee charmer. 

FB_IMG_1682249250821.thumb.jpg.592482bbc9b62c019b6f407674b43f3f.jpg

My youngest to be assessed for ADHD on my request but school want ASD which I'm not so sure of.

Nearly a year since I saw.my eldest and still without explanation. 

Middle one is lovely child though so not a bad return......

My 3 year old has been suffering from constipation the last week.  She's suffered from it on and off over the last year and we have some Movicol left over from last time, so she's been getting that in her orange juice this week.

She's just had a shite that I think would make my eyes water.  I fully expect now that the plug is out the way she'll be shiteing for Scotland for the rest of the night.

Been a week since my 3 month old shit, fingers crossed today is the day!

The inconsistency of my 2.5 year old's shyness is frustrating, we live in an apartment building, we just had to let two lifts go because there were other people in them, then we get to the laundry room and she needs picked up because someone else is in there. But a few days ago she's had a full on conversation in the lift with a women I've never seen before in my life. This is hard sometimes!  

2 hours ago, Torpar said:

The inconsistency of my 2.5 year old's shyness is frustrating, we live in an apartment building, we just had to let two lifts go because there were other people in them, then we get to the laundry room and she needs picked up because someone else is in there. But a few days ago she's had a full on conversation in the lift with a women I've never seen before in my life. This is hard sometimes!  

When ours were young and going through that phase of not going, we found that baby massage on their tummies followed by a warm bath helped move things along. 

Had to clear shite out the bath a few times right enough 

2 hours ago, Torpar said:

Ours at similar age has gone 5 days a couple of times and massage has helped. He’s a bit of a martyr to trapped wind tho, and will scream his lungs out for extended periods. The wife got these, which are meant to work for both trapped wind and constipation, although we haven’t busted them out as yet - https://www.amazon.com/Windi-Colic-Reliever-Babies-Count/dp/B007RAGALO. Same folks as make the NoseFrida 

Edited by carpetmonster

On 28/04/2023 at 14:20, carpetmonster said:

Ours at similar age has gone 5 days a couple of times and massage has helped. He’s a bit of a martyr to trapped wind tho, and will scream his lungs out for extended periods. The wife got these, which are meant to work for both trapped wind and constipation, although we haven’t busted them out as yet - https://www.amazon.com/Windi-Colic-Reliever-Babies-Count/dp/B007RAGALO. Same folks as make the NoseFrida 

We have some colic stuff that we used in the first few weeks but haven't really needed it since. Skye just seems to be a weekend shiter, 2 huge ones on Friday and the same on Saturday.

Meanwhile, this one is up at midnight, up at 4.30am then wakes up for the day at 6am, full of energy....

IYA.jpg

4 minutes ago, Torpar said:

We have some colic stuff that we used in the first few weeks but haven't really needed it since. Skye just seems to be a weekend shiter, 2 huge ones on Friday and the same on Saturday.

Meanwhile, this one is up at midnight, up at 4.30am then wakes up for the day at 6am, full of energy....

IYA.jpg

Aye we have some colic stuff called Boiron which I *think* might be Canadian - or certainly it was a Canuck who recommended it to me. No idea whether it does anything or not. When we asked the doctor about gripe water about 6 weeks ago - we just meant from the POV of ‘is he old enough for it’ because his big sister never needed it - his answer was ‘if you think it worked, then it did’. Get her telt about the weekends, by the way. Boss makes a dollar, you make a dime, that’s why you shite on company time. 

On 28/04/2023 at 16:59, Torpar said:

We have the opposite issue, nine months old and has never went a day in his life without doing two+ shites. Averaging at least three a day, nappy bill is unreal. 

1 hour ago, Lex said:

We have the opposite issue, nine months old and has never went a day in his life without doing two+ shites. Averaging at least three a day, nappy bill is unreal. 

We had the same, i had to take black bags to the dump eventually as its 2 weeks between bin empties and our bin wasnt big enough 😂

Settled down now hes over a year tbf, and being at nursery/grandparents helps us avoid that scenario now.

My son is 2 years and 3 months old. He's quite quick to pick most things up but his speech is perhaps a little behind where we would expect. His nursery isn't concerned. Anybody been in this boat? 

He's maybe got 30 words he can say but only uses about 10 regularly without prompt. Only occasionally puts two words together. He blethers away in baby speak a lot and is quite social. He understands a lot as he can point out things you ask him about. 

19 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

My son is 2 years and 3 months old. He's quite quick to pick most things up but his speech is perhaps a little behind where we would expect. His nursery isn't concerned. Anybody been in this boat? 

He's maybe got 30 words he can say but only uses about 10 regularly without prompt. Only occasionally puts two words together. He blethers away in baby speak a lot and is quite social. He understands a lot as he can point out things you ask him about. 

My son was the same. To the extent the health visitor (areshole) mentioned it. Within a few months he was chatting away and he's now four and will not shut up. They're all different. I'm sure he will be absolutely fine. I don't like how the health visitors put a timeline on everything, and if your nursery isn't concerned I'd take their experience and advice as they're dealing with dozens of kids that age and see all the diffferent nuances on a daily basis.

21 minutes ago, Rugster said:

My son was the same. To the extent the health visitor (areshole) mentioned it. Within a few months he was chatting away and he's now four and will not shut up. They're all different. I'm sure he will be absolutely fine. I don't like how the health visitors put a timeline on everything, and if your nursery isn't concerned I'd take their experience and advice as they're dealing with dozens of kids that age and see all the diffferent nuances on a daily basis.

That's good to know. They were saying there are plenty of children who suddenly start talking coherently closer to their 3rd birthday. When you read up online you'd think it was a massive problem that makes you second guess things a bit. 

I think it's forming the words in his mouth that's the issue, we understand his language, train = baba, cat = ow wow etc.