Pregnancy And Parenting

On 12/03/2023 at 23:22, Dons_1988 said:

Toddlers may just be the funniest people on the planet. My daughter makes me laugh more than anyone I know. 

The Bairn has just told her granny - who is not giving her what she wants - that "I'm going to throw you out"!
Idle threat which will not be implemented if she's anything like her granny.

On 16/03/2023 at 13:23, thistledo said:

Arrived on Monday afternoon at 8lb 9oz. After all my worry about how it would go this time, missus got induced and it was practically text book delivery from the midwives. Amazing. 

Nev7YQH.jpg

Already pished all over me twice, learning curve for me changing boys nappies. Also has taken to doing shit at 3:30am last two nights. 

Congratulations!

thistledo     1     (2)

Total:               343

On 10/03/2023 at 08:43, mathematics said:

You know that scene in Only Fools n Horses where Delboy has a baby and when Rodney finds out it’s a boy and O Fortuna starts playing?

Well, you all might need to listen to this. 

https://youtu.be/EJC-_j3SnXk

Is this supposed to be your "announcement". You' d need to be a bit less cryptic.

On 12/03/2023 at 23:22, Dons_1988 said:

Toddlers may just be the funniest people on the planet. My daughter makes me laugh more than anyone I know. 

Endlessly fascinating and the best entertainment I've known.  But it goes way beyond the toddler years. 

I played Cribbage with my son (now aged 22) after the rugby on Sunday (boo) and the look  of concentration on his face as he decided which cards to chuck was identical to his expressions when deciding which shape goes where in his 'Shape Sorting House' aged 2:

shapehouse.png.01fdfe8a08d190bc2da14eb4c6a718e3.png

This is good news.  You have decades of fascination ahead.

Congratulations to Mr & Mrs mathematics and baby mathematics. (Hope he kicks you in the balls with his cloven feet...)

mathematics         1

Grand Total:      344

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Endlessly fascinating and the best entertainment I've known.  But it goes way beyond the toddler years. 

I played Cribbage with my son (now aged 22) after the rugby on Sunday (boo) and the look  of concentration on his face as he decided which cards to chuck was identical to his expressions when deciding which shape goes where in his 'Shape Sorting House' aged 2:

shapehouse.png.01fdfe8a08d190bc2da14eb4c6a718e3.png

This is good news.  You have decades of fascination ahead.

Ha, can imagine that being hilarious. Hard to imagine the wee one being an actual adult at this point. 

Fascinating, hilarious, joyful…call it what you want…they really are amazing. Fatherhood has exceeded all expectations (and I was excited about it). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2023 at 14:28, Jacksgranda said:

Congratulations to Mr & Mrs mathematics and baby mathematics. (Hope he kicks you in the balls with his cloven feet...)

mathematics         1

Grand Total:      344

Put me down for one more! Second daughter was born January 19th. She's already sleeping "through the night" which would be delightful, but our 2 and a half year must have inherited her dad's sleeping patterns, seems to be waking up at least twice in the night and needs chocolate milk and or sung back to sleep, then decides 5.30am is when she's fully awake!

Starting her in lacrosse in two weeks, hoping maybe it will at least tire her out enough to sleep all night on Saturdays

52 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Put me down for one more! Second daughter was born January 19th. She's already sleeping "through the night" which would be delightful, but our 2 and a half year must have inherited her dad's sleeping patterns, seems to be waking up at least twice in the night and needs chocolate milk and or sung back to sleep, then decides 5.30am is when she's fully awake!

Starting her in lacrosse in two weeks, hoping maybe it will at least tire her out enough to sleep all night on Saturdays

Congratulations!

Torpar                 1 (2)

Total babies:     345

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

9 weeks old and he's starting to look more like 'cute baby' rather than just 'clean shaven Johnny Vegas'

IMG_9800.jpg

My mum used to say they looked like they'd had elastic bands on their wrists and elbows. Have fun, you'll love it.

22 hours ago, Torpar said:

Going through something similar, except it's a newborn and they feed and go back to sleep quite well. It's he 2 and a half year old that wakes up once or twice a night shouting for "Maammmay" and only mum will do, leaving me both feeds usually and then work the next day. Fucking knackered man. 

Belated congrats though mate, what a joy the sleeping through the night must be. 

Officially became a sports dad at the weekend, still another 2 years before she can start ice hockey, but the local lacrosse club has a free programme for kids born in 2020. Isla hated the warm up runs, cried, and I almost just picked her up and left. Once the balls came out she was delighted though, and she learned to play green light red light, which has been great for the times she decides that running toward the road is a good idea! 

IslaLax.jpg

IslaLax2.jpg

Edited by Torpar