Pregnancy And Parenting

The Bairn gave us all another scare - got into her sister's schoolbag, opened her pencil case and ate a Pritt stick. Any other child would have spat it out, not her.

Another trip to the hospital and a prolonged stay, but back home and so far so good. Big worry is it would gum up the bowels.

Never a dull moment.

I’m pretty certain you’re correct with me at 2 grandchildren since this thread started, the oldest is now 15 so I think she misses by a couple of years.
Others are granddaughter age 10 (and has same birthday as me) grandsons age 6 months

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

I’m pretty certain you’re correct with me at 2 grandchildren since this thread started, the oldest is now 15 so I think she misses by a couple of years.
Others are granddaughter age 10 (and has same birthday as me) grandsons age 6 months

Aye, too old. I've one that age too, and he misses out also.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

F853071C-6E22-448A-A97E-51842A4876BA.thumb.jpeg.5771c9e1522d906856d7f3eef79e3a0f.jpeg

A shade over two weeks old and he seems happy enough. Caught the cold from his cousin and is a bit raspy. 

Slept through No Time To Die this afternoon, much like his old man did at the pictures last year. 

Cool outfit, but it's giving me the dread. The last one spent the first 2.5 years of her life in Florida, so that was a piece of piss; throw a t-shirt and a hat on her, douse the rest of her in sunscreen and job's a good un. The next one's coming in Chicago in January, and the idea of having to wrestle a toddler into 5 layers of clothing just to go to the supermarket isn't filling me with joy. 

6 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Cool outfit, but it's giving me the dread. The last one spent the first 2.5 years of her life in Florida, so that was a piece of piss; throw a t-shirt and a hat on her, douse the rest of her in sunscreen and job's a good un. The next one's coming in Chicago in January, and the idea of having to wrestle a toddler into 5 layers of clothing just to go to the supermarket isn't filling me with joy. 

Greenied for "supermarket" rather than "grocery store".

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

Greenied for "supermarket" rather than "grocery store".

I think Chicago uses 'supermarket' - from Wiki "Jewel-Osco is a regional supermarket chain in the Chicago metropolitan area, headquartered in Itasca, a western suburb."

I'm not bad at my Americanisms. I was conscious I always needed to use them round her so she'd get used to them and use them and folks wouldn't look at her like she had three heads if she came out with Scotticisms. I'm all good with sweater rather than jumper, sidewalk over pavement etc. I've even sometimes typed 'winningest' although I've never said it out loud, because it's not a real word. Only one I can't get is pants over trousers. If I'm yelling at her to put her trousers on because we need to leave that's one thing but if I'm yelling at her to put her pants on then that's a bigger issue at 8 years old. 

He’d a hearing test and a trip to see the lovely ladies of Inverurie Maternity Unit today so we needed him looking sharp. Having passed the hearing test, he screamed the car down and we’d to abandon the latter part of his day. Nice and calm now and has been sleeping (and farting) on me for an hour while his maw has a kip. 

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

He’d a hearing test and a trip to see the lovely ladies of Inverurie Maternity Unit today so we needed him looking sharp. Having passed the hearing test, he screamed the car down and we’d to abandon the latter part of his day. Nice and calm now and has been sleeping (and farting) on me for an hour while his maw has a kip. 

Good news about his hearing.

On 29/10/2022 at 17:32, Jimmy Shaker said:

Some show. :lol:

HAMISH GEORGE MCKENZIE

Born in Aberdeen Maternity Hospital, on Friday, October 28th, 2022, weighing 8lb 9.5. Mother and baby well; both wanting fed and their bed. Dad happy with either at this point in time. 

48D6AFE9-70FA-4A9E-B278-4C7D39103B73.jpeg

Congratulations Jimmy! 

Wonderful name, with the wee one being born in Dundee the midwife was a Dundee Utd fan, she thought we'd name him after Hamish McAlpine. 

He got weighed today by a health visitor and he came in at 9lb 12 ounces. Gonna take a picture soon holding him like a prize fish. 

He's as good as can be, with the only time he gets upset is when he seems to struggle to pass wind.