Pregnancy And Parenting

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Proud dad. 

The three-minute video of me trying to dress him that preceded the photo would have had the social taking him off me tho. :lol:

91944095-7755-4B39-B976-837E6578A828.jpeg

They're not as fragile as they look!

Congratulations again.

I’d never any fear of throwing my nieces and nephew about the place but he feels different, despite being the biggest of the four. 
Not happy on the boob but taking milk out of a cup for now. 
Maternity ward staff are the boy. 
That'll soon change. First couple of times I changed my eldest I thought I was going to break her. But as RH33 says, they're not as fragile as they look and by next week you'll be changing him in no time and soon flinging him about.

The more i see folk with babies, I get two big feelings. Happiness for them, and relief that my days of dealing with newborns is well past.
Newborns are great. It's when the wee arseholes learn to walk it gets difficult...

On 31/10/2022 at 11:30, 19QOS19 said:

Newborns are great. It's when the wee arseholes learn to walk it gets difficult...

Aye.

We're at the stage where hes realised he can roll to get things, so theres just this wee thing throwing himself into rolls hunting (the dogs) toys around the living room.

Ominous feeling he'll be roaming about for Christmas.

Starting to get into the point at school for my oldest where the odd wee bit of conflict looks like it's rearing it's head. She has plenty of pals, but theres one wee lassie in her class who she occasionally says has been calling her names etc etc. She reckons she's being bullied, I don't think that's quite where it is yet tbh.

But that said, I have no idea how to approach it. I dont think the approach I would been told when I was wee is the way go these days. I dont think telling her to give it back is the best way to go.... that said, I dont want her to be a shrinking violet or allow anyone to push here around.

A hard balance for sure. Any advice would be most welcome.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Starting to get into the point at school for my oldest where the odd wee bit of conflict looks like it's rearing it's head. She has plenty of pals, but theres one wee lassie in her class who she occasionally says has been calling her names etc etc. She reckons she's being bullied, I don't think that's quite where it is yet tbh.

But that said, I have no idea how to approach it. I dont think the approach I would been told when I was wee is the way go these days. I dont think telling her to give it back is the best way to go.... that said, I dont want her to be a shrinking violet or allow anyone to push here around.

Classroom windows open; heating up full blast. 

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My son had similar last year. We raised it with his teacher, who tried as best as she could to manage it. Would definitely suggest going through the school. 

My son had similar last year. We raised it with his teacher, who tried as best as she could to manage it. Would definitely suggest going through the school. 
Yeah il keep an eye. I think my daughter has confused a wee lassie who is a bit brash with bullying, mainly because the mother of one of her wee pals has recently spoke about bullying. But if I keep hearing about it, il have a word with the teacher.

I'm trying to say to her, someone saying something a bit off or an isolated name calling isn't the same as being bullied, but I know what she's like, she takes things to heart and I think shel show that it upsets her, which isn't good in terms of getting it stopped.

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah il keep an eye. I think my daughter has confused a wee lassie who is a bit brash with bullying, mainly because the mother of one of her wee pals has recently spoke about bullying. But if I keep hearing about it, il have a word with the teacher.

I'm trying to say to her, someone saying something a bit off or an isolated name calling isn't the same as being bullied, but I know what she's like, she takes things to heart and I think shel show that it upsets her, which isn't good in terms of getting it stopped.

If you speak with the teacher, showing that you're seeing the situation not just from your daughter's perspective (as you have done above), they will do what they can to help. It's a bit of a "catch more flies with honey than vinegar" moment in that being a reasonable, level headed parent rather than a demanding idiot will be much more successful.

Know what you mean about the gut instinct but that has the potential to get your wee one in trouble. Good luck with it. It's a shame she has to go through this but they/we all do at some point.

Edited by jimbaxters

One week old. Slow-going feeding of small doses from a cup due to a fear of the boob has been replaced by an appetite for much bigger doses from a bottle, and he’s now terrorising Mrs S into producing the luxury milk by the pint. At the other end, what goes in must come out, and how. 

He’s had his visitors this week so hopefully the second week of paternity leave is a bit more peaceful, and me and Mother Goose can work on the day shift/night shift routine. 

Many thanks for the comments of the past week. 

4C803098-A6F6-4C76-8835-43065E0A07BE.jpeg

On 26/10/2022 at 16:42, Jacksgranda said:

No. In. fact the spreadsheet is hopelessly out of date, and needs reviewed from start to finish. Maybe sometime.

O.K., went back to page 1 and recompiled The List(s).

Got to page 670, only to find I'd already been back to page 1, but I couldn't find that list saved anywhere, so just carried on updating my new list.

Same caveats apply as on 6th June 2020 i.e 

1/ Some posters have changed their user name, so there's a possibilty of doubling up in the count.

2/ The Chief (Hamilton Aca) is a Hamilton fan, Apparently there is another The Chief. (One of them should probably change their name to The The Chief.)

3/ Steven Seagal announced his child under his "other account" so he could be doubled up in the count.

4/ Some posters didn't have the manners to announce they were pregnant, and a random post would appear "My child is 1/2/3/4 and is now sleeping through the night/walking/starting university/climbing Everest" and would never post again. Some of these may have slipped through the net.

5/ Some posts seem to have disappeared (whether through a banning or one of Div's f**k ups tidy ups I don't know), and were only picked up because somebody quoted them.

6/ Many posters appear to have left the site

7/ There have been some heartbreaking posts particularly in relation to miscarriages, to which I can relate, as can many others.

8/ There have been some heartwarming stories, particularly Keigthy (and June) raising their grandchildren full time and Alert Mongoose adopting.

9/ Honest Saints Fan and sjc's daughter (Sakura) battlling with cancer I'm sure touched us all, and heedthebaa's grandaughter Ava's progress was also catching at the heartstrings, as were all the stories of premature births..

10/ For all the chat about this thread being a haven of peace and tranquillity - which it generally is - there was a fair amount of bitching and sniping on the first 100+ pages, and some of the posts from The Kilt (under his new name) and xbl were extremely creepy, imho. However, it settled down after they stopped posting, coincidentally or otherwise.

11/ Despite their P&B reputation, Reynard and The_Kincardine were the epitome of sweetness and light when contributing to this thread.

12/ Nobody has had more than 3 children born since the start of this thread, although I'm sure there is still time for some of the threesomes to go for a clear lead. Over to you, lads.

13/ Special mention to scottsdad who appears in both the children and grandchildren list. Some boy!

13/ Slippery P is down for 3 as he adopted one, if I can remember correctly.

15/ The Phoenix came out of the starting blocks in the grandchildren stakes with 2 before the rest of us caught our breath, but was slowly reeled in by myself and heedthebaa with 7 & 6 respectively.

16/ Granny Danger has at least 2 grandchildren but I've no idea if the other one was born after the start of this thread.

17/ @KarlFletcher  announced his wife was pregnant but no mention of a birth. (It could be a name change.)*

18/ @cracowjambo announced a birth, but it was poo pooed by other posters so not included.*

19/ @wunfellaff posted a picture of a baby but fairly certain it wasn't his.*

* If confirmed as legitimate births these will be added.

Names of birth are not necessarily in order of arrival.

Future babies will just be added on, the lists won't be republished.

1 Child 2 Children 3 Children
Gibby82 Waspie 1888bhoy67
pollymac MB Scary Bear
Napolean Dynamite RH33 Shuggie_Murray7
Half A Person Reina Deefiant
The Chief (Hamilton Accies) G_Man1985 Slippery P
kiwififer .Stuart. dieharddoonhamer
Haitch nelsjfc KnightswoodBear
Ceske Reading Saintee Gaz
f_c_dundee Skyline Drifter  
seamus el buitre  
Cargen Qos Aufc