Pregnancy And Parenting

On 29/05/2022 at 08:47, The Moonster said:

Two weeks out from due date now and I'm worried this wean will have no name. We had decided on 2 or 3 that we liked but she has a friend who is a complete arsehole and has done nothing but try and involve herself in this process (she calls it "our baby" as if we're having it as a collective and it makes my skin crawl). The name I liked the most is now being turfed out because we think this cow might think it's named after/in relation to her (the first two letters of the names are the same). I'm of the opinion that this lassie can go f**k herself and we should call her what we want, but it's not really me that needs to continue being friends with her and my Mrs is dreading how insufferable she might be if she thinks the kid is named after her. 

Other than that, I just can't wait for her to get here. Shitting myself but also buzzing for it. 

We never picked a name until the day after ours was born, tbf. We didn't know the sex so had a list, and my wife was off it on morphine so I decided we'd wait until she was senile again 😂

I don't know if it's the same for everyone but weeks 3-5 were absolutely brutal. Stopped sleeping, wanting fed every hour, and you genuinely start resenting them as all they do is eat, shit, and cry. Thankfully my wife's parents cottoned on the child had silent reflux, so we have Gaviscon to use in feeds, and the change is brilliant. Helps that as he's approached 2 months he's really showing a personality now.

20220528_120200.thumb.jpg.c31b8e651a423abe0c3cae7b962ab192.jpg

That's the Bairn away home. She came down on Friday night and was supposed to go home yesterday, but they got staying another night, although I had to take her eldest sister home yesterday as she was working last night.

She was in great form and is a much better colour.

She was watched like a hawk the whole weekend, so no untoward incidents.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Typo

57 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Our wee girl arrived yesterday, just got home now. I sit here in amazement at how my other half sailed through the birth and at how beautiful our baby is. The staff were amazing too, I know folk always say that but they really were tremendous. If someone can let me know when I will stop crying every time I look at her that would be helpful. The best day ever. 

Congratulations!

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Our wee girl arrived yesterday, just got home now. I sit here in amazement at how my other half sailed through the birth and at how beautiful our baby is. The staff were amazing too, I know folk always say that but they really were tremendous. If someone can let me know when I will stop crying every time I look at her that would be helpful. The best day ever. 

:thumsup2

15 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Congratulations, it’s tough at times but you’ll love it. All the best. 

6 minutes ago, beesher said:

We have had our first round of IUI, and are now on the two week wait to see if it has worked. Trying to remain calm as the success rate is only around 10%.

Focussing on work etc is proving to be difficult.

Very best of luck with this.

Picked my boy (6) up from school on Thursday last week. He was learning about "what's in you pants". By the time he went to bed that night, I was called a big penis 8 times and his mum a wee vagina 6 times. He is allowed to show his family his penis but not "the strange men" in the street or playground. Anymore questions? Ask your mother......

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

My wee girl is doing her first day of transition to High School.

She has been very excited/nervous all weekend. Can't believe that it has come so fast.

She texted me at lunchtime to say she was enjoying her morning and then again a few minutes ago to say she was finished and had had a good day. Relieved!

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

She texted me at lunchtime to say she was enjoying her morning and then again a few minutes ago to say she was finished and had had a good day. Relieved!

By this time next year she'll be texting you to tell you shes a they and is pansexual and non binary......

On 13/05/2022 at 12:56, The Moonster said:

We're now 4 weeks out from the due date and pregnancy has generally been fine, I'm actually a wee bit surprised things have gone so smoothly. Baby girl growing well and my mrs has been an absolute star. Both nervous about the birth now but I can't wait to meet her. 

One thing I will say is they don't half make the men feel like a fucking nuisance at scans and appointments these days. They don't let you into the waiting area, make you stand out in the corridor like a spare p***k, no seats provided, when they shout you in to the scan you get instructions barked at you and told to sit 3 miles away from the screen so you don't infect anyone, and thats twice now I've stood in the corridor for over an hour waiting to see the consultant only for her to say "everything looks good, probably could've just phoned you lol". Fucking seething doesn't cover it.

I've been away with work for both the NHS scans, however the wife took her friend in the first time and her mum the second and by all accounts it was pretty nice, the second time around for the 20 week scan the sonographer banged on a 4d scan apparently. Paying for a private one you got allot more content and we'll be getting that in a couple of weeks to get the gender, it's a shame you had someone ruining what are class experiences, however... 

On 12/06/2022 at 19:46, The Moonster said:

Absolutely outstanding news! 

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

By this time next year she'll be texting you to tell you shes a they and is pansexual and non binary......

What the f**k? 

On 12/06/2022 at 17:46, The Moonster said:

Congratulations mate - our wee boy arrived on Saturday too.

4 weeks early and just 4lbs 13oz, but he’s doing amazingly well. His mum is an absolute star, they’re both still in for observation and it’s not till I get home myself every night and get the photos out when the sheer joy of it all fully hits me and I get very emotional.

The birth wasn’t made easy unfortunately, the staff in pre-natal just kept throwing pain relief at her (waiting 45 mins for paracetamol was a highlight) and ignored the regularity of her contractions, even when they were a minute apart,  and progression of labour . She was in a lot of pain, knew things were happening and we had to almost beg for a doctor, but once we were in the labour ward the staff there were brilliant, as they currently are in post natal.

The overwhelming feeling is joy though. I miss them both, but I’ve told her to make the most of her time in hospital - having on hand professional support is going to be great for them both.

1 hour ago, anotherchance said:

Congratulations mate - our wee boy arrived on Saturday too.

4 weeks early and just 4lbs 13oz, but he’s doing amazingly well. His mum is an absolute star, they’re both still in for observation and it’s not till I get home myself every night and get the photos out when the sheer joy of it all fully hits me and I get very emotional.

The birth wasn’t made easy unfortunately, the staff in pre-natal just kept throwing pain relief at her (waiting 45 mins for paracetamol was a highlight) and ignored the regularity of her contractions, even when they were a minute apart,  and progression of labour . She was in a lot of pain, knew things were happening and we had to almost beg for a doctor, but once we were in the labour ward the staff there were brilliant, as they currently are in post natal.

The overwhelming feeling is joy though. I miss them both, but I’ve told her to make the most of her time in hospital - having on hand professional support is going to be great for them both.

Cheers mate, congrats to you and your mrs too! I thought I was prepared for seeing her but nothing prepares you for it. A truly incredible experience.

We had a wee complication with the cord being round the babies neck and it was slowing her heartbeat, but the woman in pre-natal was so good, she never let us know of any problems but swiftly moved us in to a birthing room and kept us calm. It wasn't until after the birth that the pre-natal woman came in to congratulate us and she told us what the situation was. It's a shame you've not had a good experience with pre-natal, when we were in they were rammed with patients but still managed to care for everyone. Glad to hear the rest took care of you all though, amazing people. 

Sincerely hope all goes well with the wee man and you get them both home soon. The simplest of things become magical, we went a 5 minute walk round the block earlier and I felt high as kite. All the best mate.

Any practical advice on what to do with a 1 year old when they’ve learned manipulation through tantrum? 

It can be quite funny but she’s blatantly now having purposeful tantrums to get her own way but it can turn into a proper meltdown if it goes too far. 

I don’t want to go down the route of just giving in to her and the only other sure fire way to calm her down is sticking Sesame Street on YouTube which I really don’t want to rely on either (constant source of disagreement between my wife and I).