Pregnancy And Parenting

Just shows the variety in care you can get within the NHS. We've had three scans in the RAH in Paisley this year - baby wouldn't sit still to get the measurements at the first 12 week scan so had to go back - and I've sat in from the start in all of them next to the screen and each of the three separate sonographers have been fantastic.

Childbirth is the scariest thing on the planet and nobody can convince me otherwise.  My missus wants a 3rd kid in a few years but I'm still traumatized from her almost dying with our first.  We did put in a complaint about the midwife at the time cause she was a fucking witch, nothing ever came of it sadly as she took sick leave then retired. 

Just now, The Derry said:

Childbirth is the scariest thing on the planet and nobody can convince me otherwise.  My missus wants a 3rd kid in a few years but I'm still traumatized from her almost dying with our first.  We did put in a complaint about the midwife at the time cause she was a fucking witch, nothing ever came of it sadly as she took sick leave then retired. 

Our midwife for our second was class though and if we had a wee girl we thought about naming them after her.  

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Sorry to hear of this. You get arseholes in every walk of life but when it’s in a situation like this which should be very special it’s all the more frustrating. We’ve dealt with numerous midwives and scanners and only encountered one absolute fucker. At one stage I was minutes away from making a complaint but didn't want to make it worse (shat it). 

She was a massive c**t. I was lying in high dependency getting a blood transfusion. At the time but was completely unaware I had several broken bones. Told her I'd need help getting to the toilet as I could barely walk and she told me she was far too busy to help. 

Couple days later I was diagnosed with cancer and she was all love and sweetness to me telling me how sad she felt for me. Aye f**k off. If you can't be nice to someone when they are rock bottom and in lots of pain why the hell are you a midwife!

The Bairn was down for a visit today, but that's all it was - a visit. It'll be a while before she's allowed to stay. She was in great form all the same and came over and gave me a kiss before she left, and ran back up the path before she got in the car to give my wife another hug and a kiss, which pleased her no end.

My wife stopped talking to her dad and evil step mother in 2019.

No huge falling out but just an acceptance that we were not going to put up with her vile, petty nonsense any more. Her dad hasn't spoken to his other daughters in years either, as his wife decided that  it was her or them and he chose her. 

Last night we learned that he had been taken to hospital in Edinburgh with a heart attack. Not once did that evil woman let us know. She still has our number. She could have texted. But no, we found out third hand. 

My wife phoned the hospital today asking for an update. Was told that we needed permission from the step mother. My wife just said "don't bother" and hung up. She would have said no and fucking enjoyed it. 

On 15/05/2022 at 15:15, scottsdad said:

My wife stopped talking to her dad and evil step mother in 2019.

No huge falling out but just an acceptance that we were not going to put up with her vile, petty nonsense any more. Her dad hasn't spoken to his other daughters in years either, as his wife decided that  it was her or them and he chose her. 

Last night we learned that he had been taken to hospital in Edinburgh with a heart attack. Not once did that evil woman let us know. She still has our number. She could have texted. But no, we found out third hand. 

My wife phoned the hospital today asking for an update. Was told that we needed permission from the step mother. My wife just said "don't bother" and hung up. She would have said no and fucking enjoyed it. 

I find that hard to believe, after all she is his daughter.

18 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I find that hard to believe, after all she is his daughter.

When she called she was told she needed permission from the next of kin (his wife). 

I can understand it - the hospital had no way of knowing if the person on the phone really was his daughter or not.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

When she called she was told she needed permission from the next of kin (his wife). 

I can understand it - the hospital had no way of knowing if the person on the phone really was his daughter or not.

Aye, I suppose that makes sense. I don't think that system is fool proof, though.

Big week for the youngest (2). I'm off this fortnight and said I'd get her started with the potty training. Two accidents on Monday. From then on she hasn't peed herself. Including during naps and during the night. She has had two accidents with poo so that's needing worked on. She never did one at all yesterday so I don't know if she's holding it. It could be bad later today.

Took the sides off her cotbed last night so first night in a proper bed. Up and down for a wee bit but settled about half 9 (put in at 8.) Quite pleased with how she's doing overall tbh. Then getting that lump in the throat seeing her pull her pants down for a pee and realising she's not a baby anymore default_sad.png [emoji38]

She's absolutely nailed the pee side of things. Havent had any accidents the last two weeks even during the night or at nap time.

Bedtime is a mixed bag. If she has an afternoon nap she is a pain in the arse. Constantly up and down and asking for the toilet but she settles after a couple of hours. With no nap she settles within 20 minutes but she's cranky later in the day so it's Sophie's Choice whether to let her nap [emoji38] She's up an hour earlier as well still.

Just hasn't been grasping the poo side at all. She's clearly been holding it in though as she isn't as regular as she has been. A good few accidents. However, she just asked for the potty and was away doing what I assumed was a pee. She shouted me through that she had pooped and I assumed in her pants again. But it was in the potty. I'm absolutely buzzing [emoji38] Really hoping now she has had the sensation that this is her from here.

Regardless, her progress over these two weeks has been exceptional. Pwoud, very pwoud.

1st birthday this week for our little girl. 

Can’t quite believe it’s been a year but what an amazing one, particularly the past 6 months.

She’s hilarious and loads of fun. recently learned to wave and say hi. Don’t think I’m being biased when I say we have an absolute genius on our hands. 

My youngest will be at the high school for a half day today, then for 3 full days the week after next. Transition to high school. 

Come August it will be the first time I have not had a kid in primary school for many years. 

very very proud dad, she has been picked to be on the P6 swimming team at school.

She tried out last year and was absolutely gutted that she wasn't picked, so much so she didn't want to try out this year. thankfully she went along and made it!!

Two weeks out from due date now and I'm worried this wean will have no name. We had decided on 2 or 3 that we liked but she has a friend who is a complete arsehole and has done nothing but try and involve herself in this process (she calls it "our baby" as if we're having it as a collective and it makes my skin crawl). The name I liked the most is now being turfed out because we think this cow might think it's named after/in relation to her (the first two letters of the names are the same). I'm of the opinion that this lassie can go f**k herself and we should call her what we want, but it's not really me that needs to continue being friends with her and my Mrs is dreading how insufferable she might be if she thinks the kid is named after her. 

Other than that, I just can't wait for her to get here. Shitting myself but also buzzing for it.