Pregnancy And Parenting

9 minutes ago, beesher said:

That's us had the call to say we will be starting IUI treatment shortly, and that we should abstain from alcohol entirely. A bit of a pain as I'm off to a stag do for the weekend and the thought of 3 days of listening to pished chat sober is killing me a bit.

There's also several rounds of wanking into a cup which I'm less than enthusiastic about, but needs must.

Don't worry, it'll be excellent practice for listening to the gibberish kids spout!

53 minutes ago, beesher said:

There's also several rounds of wanking into a cup which I'm less than enthusiastic about, but needs must.

I knew a girl who worked at a place like this. She got sacked for drinking on the job. 

When the nurse asks do you want to w**k in the cup, the correct answer is “i’m good, but i don’t think i am ready to do it competitively”

38 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Yup.

Away to make the most of football ahead of 27/10/22. Or 02/11/22, they’re not sure. 

Lossie will end up pushing for promotion and you'll no be allowed out!

Great news.

A month in and I have a ridiculous amount of respect for single parents tbh, it can be absolutely brutal at times so I've no idea how people can deal with it without being able to take a break. We can escape for a while if it's getting too much as the other can take over.

Worst bit is the majority of the times it's fine, but some night times are just endless crying and feeding.

Bit of a scare with the bairn. Long story short, had to phone her mother as she was getting more distressed and disorientated.

She ended up in Antrim, where they surmised she had swallowed one of Jacksgranny's tablets (I'm not convinced but can't prove it.) And, having given her an antidote for one of the tablets, she has made a recovery, so maybe they were right.

At least she's o.k.

On 30/04/2022 at 09:19, RandomGuy. said:

A month in and I have a ridiculous amount of respect for single parents tbh, it can be absolutely brutal at times so I've no idea how people can deal with it without being able to take a break. We can escape for a while if it's getting too much as the other can take over.

Worst bit is the majority of the times it's fine, but some night times are just endless crying and feeding.

I found the first 3 months the absolute worst - one thing I can say is, it gets better and much more rewarding as they get a bit older.

19 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Bit of a scare with the bairn. Long story short, had to phone her mother as she was getting more distressed and disorientated.

She ended up in Antrim, where they surmised she had swallowed one of Jacksgranny's tablets (I'm not convinced but can't prove it.) And, having given her an antidote for one of the tablets, she has made a recovery, so maybe they were right.

At least she's o.k.

How did the hospital treat you?

When my boy took a header off the changing table aged 1, I was really worried and took him down the Sick Kids.

I thought I would just tell them what happened and they would take him in etc but I felt like it was a bit of an interrogation of me !!

As it happens, he was totally fine and I probably overreacted taking him in anyway -  but I was a bit fecked off with the staff at the hospital (albeit I get why they need to check all these cases for abuse).

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

When my boy took a header off the changing table aged 1, I was really worried and took him down the Sick Kids.

I thought I would just tell them what happened and they would take him in etc but I felt like it was a bit of an interrogation of me !!

As it happens, he was totally fine and I probably overreacted taking him in anyway -  but I was a bit fecked off with the staff at the hospital (albeit I get why they need to check all these cases for abuse).

Her mother just told them she needed to see a doctor and needed to see him now, no waiting for an appointment. Within 10 minutes there were 10 medical staff round her.

Long story short, they got her stabilised and she's flushed out for want of a better term, kept her in overnight and were going to let her home this morning, but are keeping an eye on her for another couple of hours, in case she regresses,

Apparently she's charging round the children's ward and chattering away.

Social Services have no concerns so she'll be back!

Bit of a scare, all the same.

If she was a cat she'd be running out of lives by now.

14 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

A few years back I took my son in as he had fallen in the school playground and broke his elbow. He was in primary 7. We got to the A&E desk and the nurse directed all the questions to him, not me. This was fine - I totally get that they are trained to check that the dad here isn't the one who caused the problem. 

3 months later and I was back with my daughter who had also broken her elbow in the same way - fell over at a soft play area in Linlithgow. Again, they directed the questions to her. But I for one was glad that both accidents happened in easily verifiable public places. If they had both got these injuries at home I reckon the social services might have had a question or two for me. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

A few years back I took my son in as he had fallen in the school playground and broke his elbow. He was in primary 7. We got to the A&E desk and the nurse directed all the questions to him, not me. This was fine - I totally get that they are trained to check that the dad here isn't the one who caused the problem. 

3 months later and I was back with my daughter who had also broken her elbow in the same way - fell over at a soft play area in Linlithgow. Again, they directed the questions to her. But I for one was glad that both accidents happened in easily verifiable public places. If they had both got these injuries at home I reckon the social services might have had a question or two for me. 

My son decided to take his space hopper and bounce it down the stairs while I went for a pee. He was unharmed.

Next day I was dropping him off at nursery and laughed a bit as I recited story. This earned me a call from the health visitor as the staff decided I hadn't taken it as a serious event......

13 minutes ago, RH33 said:

My son decided to take his space hopper and bounce it down the stairs while I went for a pee. He was unharmed.

Next day I was dropping him off at nursery and laughed a bit as I recited story. This earned me a call from the health visitor as the staff decided I hadn't taken it as a serious event......

When Jack was wee we must have had him at casualty about 3 times in 6 weeks after he bumped his head.

I was getting seriously worried about a call from Social Services (which would have been seriously embarrassing as we were still fostering at the time...).

On 30/04/2022 at 10:19, RandomGuy. said:

As mentioned, the first few months are hellish but when they get to the stage where they interact with you beyond the crying for food/sleep/whatever it is absolutely tremendous, but hellish in another way. We now spend most of the time trying to prevent him from doing himself serious damage, while he laughs in the face of the danger he is oblivious to...

Edited by Ross.