Pregnancy And Parenting

My son's 13 and is also at that stage, although not at the party's stage. Doesn't really want to do stuff with rest of us. He also seems be a walking LGBT club. Couple lesbians, non binary and a trans as pals. He's happy and sociable so im happy. 

Mines are 12 & 14. It’s just weird after all that time going back to having a bit of time on my hands, i have stuff that i can get on with though.

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

Mines are 12 & 14. It’s just weird after all that time going back to having a bit of time on my hands, i have stuff that i can get on with though.

I start a ft job this week. Went back pt couple years ago. Childcare made it unaffordable (single mum and no family nearby).

On 16/04/2022 at 14:35, Jacksgranda said:

I'm sitting here baby sitting grandson nr 6, as everyone else is away out, spending money they haven't got on things they don't need.

I'm not feeling a 100% (had vomiting and diarrhea on Wednesday - he's already had it - and I thought I was over it yesterday, but I'm still a bit iffy)>

The messages arrived and I asked him to bring them in for me. Being a wee Ulster boy he has no idea what messages are, and as he is on the autism spectrum he can be a bit literal. (E.G. "Watch that car door", when getting out of my car, he will quite literally watch the door of the other car.)

Anyway, he went to the door and informed me "There are no messages only Crawfords" (the supermarket which delivers to us on a Saturday).

But the wee soul brought them in for me.

My cousins lad has this and im sure it can be draining on his parents but the innocence of it can be funny at times.years ago we were watching the Germany-Brazil match where Germany were horsing Brazil and his dad said Brazil just havent turned up. I could see the boy just looking at his dad and then at the Brazilian players "but dad... thats them in the yellow"

16 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

My cousins lad has this and im sure it can be draining on his parents but the innocence of it can be funny at times.years ago we were watching the Germany-Brazil match where Germany were horsing Brazil and his dad said Brazil just havent turned up. I could see the boy just looking at his dad and then at the Brazilian players "but dad... thats them in the yellow"

The young lad we fostered was also on the autisim spectrum. One day it was raining heavily, and I remarked "It was raining cats and dogs"...he looked out the window with a puzzled expression on his face...

14 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It is hard trying to explain  to the kids that I can't give them a cuddle as I have Covid.

My daughter is 11 and will run and dodge to avoid a hug. Except from her grandpa - she let's him hug her but nobody else. 

4 year old has just informed me her dog is going to have baby puppies. I said I thought it was a boy dog. "It's a boy and a girl." 

I blame the water supply.

ETA: Apparently it is a bitch, I could have sworn it was a wee dog.

Edited by Jacksgranda

On 16/04/2022 at 20:48, buchan30 said:

I am at a stage just now, over the last few weeks my boys have hit an age where it is just deemed more cool to go out with their pals than do stuff with us as family. Don’t get me wrong, they aren’t out every night, but apart from the taxi and bank services, there is a kind of feeling of surplus to requirements especially with Mrs B working nights. I knew this would come, but i don’t know, it’s weird.

Means you've come of age to take up Golf tbh. It's great if you like it, it's shit if you don't.

At her parents house yesterday for the usual Sunday lunch. Ryan was running about with his Bob the Builder hard hat on. His big cousin decided he wanted the hard hat and took it off the wee man. Ryan hooked him. I know I was meant to be angry with him, but...

That's us had the call to say we will be starting IUI treatment shortly, and that we should abstain from alcohol entirely. A bit of a pain as I'm off to a stag do for the weekend and the thought of 3 days of listening to pished chat sober is killing me a bit.

There's also several rounds of wanking into a cup which I'm less than enthusiastic about, but needs must.