Pregnancy And Parenting

6 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

The bairn and her 4 year old sister are back as their mother has a pain in her arm and difficulty breathing and has an appointment this morning. She was diagnosed over the phone with COPD on Monday, but today is a face to face appointment.

So they'll be here for at least today, I'd imagine.

By now at least your car should be washed and the chimney swept. 

Scott has 5 higher exams coming up. Just got the timetable through - first two nicely spaced apart with a week between them, then his final three in a week (Monday, Thursday, Friday). 

He's in school today for a studying session with his history teacher. 

On 06/04/2022 at 07:50, Jacksgranda said:

The bairn and her 4 year old sister are back as their mother has a pain in her arm and difficulty breathing and has an appointment this morning. She was diagnosed over the phone with COPD on Monday, but today is a face to face appointment.

So they'll be here for at least today, I'd imagine.

Big brother collected them yesterday evening.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

20220406_182705.thumb.jpg.ab1398398ded94f2c0bc109278466e1c.jpg

Baby RG, born two days ago. Hungry as f**k and hates being out your arms, but by god what an effect they have on you. Wee guys just class.

Congratulations mate, it’s tough but it really is great fun too. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

20220406_182705.thumb.jpg.ab1398398ded94f2c0bc109278466e1c.jpg

Baby RG, born two days ago. Hungry as f**k and hates being out your arms, but by god what an effect they have on you. Wee guys just class.

Roddy Grant is a solid name for a baby saintee. Nice choice.

I eagerly await the bairn's performance stats over the next few months. 

Congratulations amigo.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

The Bairn is sitting here getting stuck into her big sister's curry fried rice. Her cousin better watch out, or she'll be grabbing some of his.

Does she not get her own food? 

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

2 year olds tend to find everyone else's plate more interesting.

Aye they do. I mind my pal would put an adult plate in front of her two year old, while my pal would have the wean's plate in front of her. The wean would, of course, ignore the food in front of her and make an immediate beeline for my pal's plate (which was hers all along). Genius, if untenable in the long term.

Found out just before the super bowl that Mrs Grant228 was pregnant, had the 12 week scan on Thursday and everything seems in order, was magical seing it move and seing the heartbeat, already had a couple of scares but with it being the first, every small problem seems like a big problem!

Has anyone got any good books they'd recommend? 

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Found out just before the super bowl that Mrs Grant228 was pregnant, had the 12 week scan on Thursday and everything seems in order, was magical seing it move and seing the heartbeat, already had a couple of scares but with it being the first, every small problem seems like a big problem!

None, sadly the wee shites don't have the courtesy to read them too.

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

5733d53b1e0061515d2fff31ddb4942c - LicePoo.jpg

21 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

2 year olds tend to find everyone else's plate more interesting.

I remember visiting my dad when Scott was about 2. Dad made himself a big fry up breakfast. Put it on the dining room table and went back to the kitchen to get his coffee. When he returned, about 10 seconds later, Scott was in his chair eating his breakfast with his fork. He just looked at my dad and asked for some juice. 

I'm sitting here baby sitting grandson nr 6, as everyone else is away out, spending money they haven't got on things they don't need.

I'm not feeling a 100% (had vomiting and diarrhea on Wednesday - he's already had it - and I thought I was over it yesterday, but I'm still a bit iffy)>

The messages arrived and I asked him to bring them in for me. Being a wee Ulster boy he has no idea what messages are, and as he is on the autism spectrum he can be a bit literal. (E.G. "Watch that car door", when getting out of my car, he will quite literally watch the door of the other car.)

Anyway, he went to the door and informed me "There are no messages only Crawfords" (the supermarket which delivers to us on a Saturday).

But the wee soul brought them in for me.

I am at a stage just now, over the last few weeks my boys have hit an age where it is just deemed more cool to go out with their pals than do stuff with us as family. Don’t get me wrong, they aren’t out every night, but apart from the taxi and bank services, there is a kind of feeling of surplus to requirements especially with Mrs B working nights. I knew this would come, but i don’t know, it’s weird.

10 hours ago, buchan30 said:

I am at a stage just now, over the last few weeks my boys have hit an age where it is just deemed more cool to go out with their pals than do stuff with us as family. Don’t get me wrong, they aren’t out every night, but apart from the taxi and bank services, there is a kind of feeling of surplus to requirements especially with Mrs B working nights. I knew this would come, but i don’t know, it’s weird.

My son's 13 and is also at that stage, although not at the party's stage. Doesn't really want to do stuff with rest of us. He also seems be a walking LGBT club. Couple lesbians, non binary and a trans as pals. He's happy and sociable so im happy.