Pregnancy And Parenting

Not quite 2 yet but a cheeky little shit. Mostly delivered with a smile on his face that is near impossible to get angry at, and an infectious laugh you struggle to fight off. And the wee b*****d knows it.

13 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Had a mild drama last weekend where the Mrs thought the baby was kicking/moving less than it's been (25 weeks). Straight on the phone to triage and off to hospital get a reassurance scan - naturally during the wait to be seen it was doing Riverdance inside her, so got the strong heartbeat and went on our way.

This was the same for us. A full day of little/no movement. Panic and trip to Ninewells.

Moment we sat down in the waiting area she said it started "having a party" 😂 obviously didn't want to risk it so ended up waiting around for about 4 hours for a 2 minute scan that told us everything was fine. 

Convinced the child done it on purpose tbh.

On 20/03/2022 at 10:19, Jacksgranda said:

The rest of them are away down to the park, but she's had to stay behind as there are too many other wee ones to keep an eye on her, too.

Not happy!

ETA: She made that big a fuss Jacksgranny had to take her out and sit on the summer seat.

Jacksgranda Ladybird.jpeg

16 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Had a mild drama last weekend where the Mrs thought the baby was kicking/moving less than it's been (25 weeks). Straight on the phone to triage and off to hospital get a reassurance scan - naturally during the wait to be seen it was doing Riverdance inside her, so got the strong heartbeat and went on our way.

We both panicked like f**k - natural maybe, but equally I think we're agreed we need to deal with these things more calmly than we are as there'll be 18+ years of dramas to come.

Don't not go and get checked. My third had three periods reduced movement and third time I said no, I'm almost 37 weeks I'm not leaving her in there.

They were going to induce me the following day but when they put trace on that night her heart rate was all over place and they took me down to labour ward on the spot.

21 hours ago, anotherchance said:

We both panicked like f**k - natural maybe, but equally I think we're agreed we need to deal with these things more calmly than we are as there'll be 18+ years of dramas to come.

Don't never go get checked. Best case scenario is everything is fine and baby is just being a little sh#t. It's all part of the trials of pregnancy. 

I remember my missus having a bleed one night when she was about 6 months gone. We were both terrified of another miscarriage but after a check at hospital all was fine.

23 hours ago, Ross. said:

Not quite 2 yet but a cheeky little shit. Mostly delivered with a smile on his face that is near impossible to get angry at, and an infectious laugh you struggle to fight off. And the wee b*****d knows it.

This is exactly where I'm at, she's about 19 months and most of the time you say no to stuff results in a cheeky wee grin and me or her mum trying not to laugh. Reminds me of that meme of the little girl and the house burning down in the background. 

10 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

This lassie makes me so proud, yet another operation and she comes through it all smiles. Her spine was badly curved (the x-rays are incredible) which was compressing organs, particularly the lungs and we only had a small window to do it. After it being called off as she lay ready beginning of March it went ahead last Tuesday. Told 6 months ago she had a 70/30 against her coming through it and up to 8 weeks in hospital it’s been torment. All went as planned, better as they didn’t need to go into pelvis, a wee hiccup with a bacterial infection in her lungs, but she’s home tucked up in her own bed after 9 days full of herself. Ava’s rollercoaster keeps on rolling. Just amazes me what they can do nowadays. The new sick kids is somewhere no parent wants to be, but what a place !

44DB5F9E-3507-4155-A07B-B0C7E784154C.png

That's great photo. What a beautiful happy girl.

Went with my son yesterday to pick up his exam result at the school (Grade 3) Primary 4 (Scotland).

Teacher said he got 100%.  I said great 'in what subject'.  

ALL.  100% in all 8 exams.

He  has my looks.😎 

Edited by SlipperyP

On 31/03/2022 at 22:43, heedthebaa said:

This lassie makes me so proud, yet another operation and she comes through it all smiles. Her spine was badly curved (the x-rays are incredible) which was compressing organs, particularly the lungs and we only had a small window to do it. After it being called off as she lay ready beginning of March it went ahead last Tuesday. Told 6 months ago she had a 70/30 against her coming through it and up to 8 weeks in hospital it’s been torment. All went as planned, better as they didn’t need to go into pelvis, a wee hiccup with a bacterial infection in her lungs, but she’s home tucked up in her own bed after 9 days full of herself. Ava’s rollercoaster keeps on rolling. Just amazes me what they can do nowadays. The new sick kids is somewhere no parent wants to be, but what a place !

44DB5F9E-3507-4155-A07B-B0C7E784154C.png

:thumsup2

Breaks your heart, but conversely lifts your spirits.

The Bairn's here again, a big 2 yesterday. Considering last year I didn't think she'd see Christmas, never mind 2, it's fantastic. And for the first time since her big scare her colour isn't too bad.

9 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

:thumsup2

Breaks your heart, but conversely lifts your spirits.

The Bairn's here again, a big 2 yesterday. Considering last year I didn't think she'd see Christmas, never mind 2, it's fantastic. And for the first time since her big scare her colour isn't too bad.

Good stuff JG, they’re so resilient. Glad she’s on the mend and no doubt giving you the run around 👌

50 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

How long before we get a call from the school?...

6d1a3f195fb008ac0f005231d50b6b00.jpg

Nico made a get well card for his sister last week,  just loved how the teacher felt the need to explain what it was 🤣

DE7E6C6F-EED2-4B90-939E-951AA981924E.jpeg

7 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Good stuff JG, they’re so resilient. Glad she’s on the mend and no doubt giving you the run around 👌

She's not the worst of them, heed! :lol:

Although she had another shit fit today when she couldn't get to the park!

11 year old grandson has a reading age of 14, and has come on leaps and bounds this last year. He's knuckled down and worked really hard this year.

His wee sister also got a good report and is really good at art. Hardly surprising as her mother and one of her aunts are excellent artists and another aunt has a good eye for design (as does her mother).

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

11 year old grandson has a reading age of 14, and has come on leaps and bounds this last year. He's knuckled down and worked really hard this year.

His wee sister also got a good report and is really good at art. Hardly surprising as her mother and one of her aunts are excellent artists and another aunt has a good eye for design (as does her mother).

Ben is struggling at school due to trauma and going to an enhanced learning placement after the summer,our daughter has still not had her baby.

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Apparently he was getting bullied, but the perpetrator left and wasn't there last year, that's the main reason he's done well. He never mentioned it to us.

Edited by Jacksgranda

The bairn and her 4 year old sister are back as their mother has a pain in her arm and difficulty breathing and has an appointment this morning. She was diagnosed over the phone with COPD on Monday, but today is a face to face appointment.

So they'll be here for at least today, I'd imagine.