Pregnancy And Parenting

I had all of this with my step daughter. I used to get really irate about things like a messy room. I took her phone off her and all of that. 

If I could do it all again, I'd be more relaxed about it all. Reward is the way to go. You want me to buy what? Let's talk once the room is clean / you have done a chore. 

I am much more chilled with my youngest two. Whenever something comes up that they want, say a new PlayStation game, they come asking what chores they can do to earn money for it. 

Just now, Shtuggie said:

Baby Hughie born last night the 22.2.22 via emergency c section after 15 hours of labour. Everyone well and I’m in love. 

7lbs 12. 

Congratulations! This is great news. 

The emergency C section sounds a bit scary and rough and hope you all got through it OK. 

2 minutes ago, Shtuggie said:

Baby Hughie born last night the 22.2.22 via emergency c section after 15 hours of labour. Everyone well and I’m in love. 

7lbs 12. 

Not with the midwife one hopes!

Congratulations pal. Best thing in the world seeing your child being born...if you stay at the top of the bed.

Thanks everyone. Don’t post here often but read a lot and it’s nice to share good news - a lot of the posts in this thread have been great help over the pregnancy. 

wife in till tomorrow so I’m off for a beer with my dad and brothers and a few pals to wet the baby’s head. 

18 minutes ago, Shtuggie said:

Thanks everyone. Don’t post here often but read a lot and it’s nice to share good news - a lot of the posts in this thread have been great help over the pregnancy. 

wife in till tomorrow so I’m off for a beer with my dad and brothers and a few pals to wet the baby’s head. 

Her being in gives you time to read the 768 pages of this thread start to finish. You'll be a parenting whizz by the end of it. 

46 minutes ago, Shtuggie said:

Some effort! I got home from the hospital at 9pm, ate something, poured myself a whisky and was out for the count by 10.

I just spat on myself whilst mid ranting and raving at the kids. Ffs.

As a serious point though, these two do not. Fucking. LISTEN!

I must repeat myself about a hundred times a day and the rage over it is getting worse. I know folk will say different but I am convinced other folks weans cant be as bad as this for listening/following simple instructions.

There are some days I feel like all I'm doing is telling my eldest off (5) after she doesn't listen. I've even asked her if she gets a buzz from me telling her off.

Thankfully she loves a bit of tv at night so we have that ace up our sleeve for when enough is enough.

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/10/2021 at 09:46, Jacksgranda said:

The bairn was down yesterday - I think I'll call her that from now on, as she's the youngest of them all - and was in good form. She's still a bad colour, it's never really improved since her original spell in hospital.

She's only out of hospital - again - but this time it was "only" an ear infection, thank goodness.

There's nothing wrong with her lungs, anyway.

She's here again, great form, lovely smiles for Granda. :)

Still not a great colour and she's been back in hospital again (can't even remember what for :lol: - I think they were concerned it was related to the e-Coli and possible organ damage but she was o.k in that department), but she's sitting here keeping her big sister and elder cousin right...

The rest of them are away down to the park, but she's had to stay behind as there are too many other wee ones to keep an eye on her, too.

Not happy!

ETA: She made that big a fuss Jacksgranny had to take her out and sit on the summer seat.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig & update

Ellis born on the 5th March. 

He was getting growth scans as our daughter was a smaller baby (6 pound 13, so must have just fallen in the small baby category). On the most recent scan there was little growth from the previous one so it was decided to induce. Perfectly healthy, 6 pounds 12. His mum smashed it again and we had him home about 9 hours after he was born.

Settled home nicely, big brother and sister besotted. Weighed this morning by the health visitor and the wee milk guzzler is now weighing in at a fighting weight of 7 pound 15 already.

Magic.

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

• 2 weeks later...

Had a mild drama last weekend where the Mrs thought the baby was kicking/moving less than it's been (25 weeks). Straight on the phone to triage and off to hospital get a reassurance scan - naturally during the wait to be seen it was doing Riverdance inside her, so got the strong heartbeat and went on our way.

We both panicked like f**k - natural maybe, but equally I think we're agreed we need to deal with these things more calmly than we are as there'll be 18+ years of dramas to come.

9 hours ago, anotherchance said:

Had a mild drama last weekend where the Mrs thought the baby was kicking/moving less than it's been (25 weeks). Straight on the phone to triage and off to hospital get a reassurance scan - naturally during the wait to be seen it was doing Riverdance inside her, so got the strong heartbeat and went on our way.

We both panicked like f**k - natural maybe, but equally I think we're agreed we need to deal with these things more calmly than we are as there'll be 18+ years of dramas to come.

At least...

10 hours ago, anotherchance said:

My wife was pregnant, just 5 or 6 weeks along and she started bleeding and cramping. We went to the hospital and I still remember the look on the nurse's face as we told her what was going on. She was convinced we had lost the baby. And we were really worried sick also as we had been trying for a year before she fell pregnant. 

We got a reassurance scan also - and now 17 years on he is 6 foot 2 and left for school an hour ago.