Pregnancy And Parenting

On 07/02/2022 at 17:46, thistledo said:

Wee one's sleeping is still massively inconsistent. Some nights it's fine and some nights it's hell of earth. The bad nights she's just inconsolable unless me or her mum get up with her or she sleeps in our bed. I can't work out if it's pain related, feeling unwell or scared of something. Trying calpol and back to bed doesn't work anyway. 

She's almost at 18 months. I am very tired. Hoping this isn't uncommon and someone will come along to reassure this will pass. 

Wee man is just shy of 2 now. His sleeping is still inconsistent but it’s usually a week or so where he is fine then a few days of hell. Almost always ends up in our bed between 5am and 6am as well, which I guess isn’t too bad given he normally goes to bed in his at 8:30/9pm. Got another trip home at the end of March. Last couple of holidays have resulted in his semi decent sleeping pattern turning to shit. Hoping that he is past that but I’m expecting the worst.

On 16/02/2022 at 19:35, Shtuggie said:

My wife is due our first today. She had a sweep and there is some cramping but no signs of labour yet. It’s a real mixture of nerves/excitement/worrying about mum and boy being healthy. Overall I can’t wait though - this is the hardest part now - the waiting. 

Hope it goes well man. I think we ended up being awake for 3 days straight when our wee one was born. Remember outlasting so many midwife shifts, every time the new ones came in they asked if I wanted food, it was class, constant rolls, sandwiches & crisps and the missus was raging as she wasn't allowed to eat anything. 

I'll go with 8lb 8 and Olivia btw. 

20 hours ago, Ross. said:

Wee man is just shy of 2 now. His sleeping is still inconsistent but it’s usually a week or so where he is fine then a few days of hell. Almost always ends up in our bed between 5am and 6am as well, which I guess isn’t too bad given he normally goes to bed in his at 8:30/9pm. Got another trip home at the end of March. Last couple of holidays have resulted in his semi decent sleeping pattern turning to shit. Hoping that he is past that but I’m expecting the worst.

Feel your pain, the inconsistency is very frustrating, you think you are back on the right track and then all of a sudden it's back to square one. Not fun. 

This morning was actually the first time in a long time she's woke in the morning at a reasonable-ish time and didn't immediately start crying/screaming, which is giving me a bit of hope. 

I guess with being nearly 2 the vocabulary will start to develop quicker and hopefully help the communication of "sleep is good, required and we're only next door chill the f**k out" I honestly wish I could explain to mine that she should take advantage of lie ins as they'll be gone in no time. 

On 16/02/2022 at 19:35, Shtuggie said:

It’s a real mixture of nerves/excitement/worrying about mum and boy being healthy. 

This is my worry. We're due at the start of April.

I'm absolutely fucking buzzing 90% of the time, but the other 10% the usual horrible voice is telling me all the worst case scenarios. I'll be happy when we're home and everyone is healthy.

28 minutes ago, Shtuggie said:

No baby yet. Trying to keep my wife’s spirits up but she’s pretty tetchy which is totally understandable. Hoping for some movement this weekend. 

Sounds similar to my experience then, hope you got the free scran, got to the point the missus was done in and we went to theatre, just keep that in mind, happens all the time. 

24 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Any news yet, or still waiting?

Waters broke at midnight last night. Came into hospital this morning around 11 and moved from Triage to ward a few hours back. Wife has very high blood pressure which they can’t seem to bring down so they are keeping her and are going to induce labour this afternoon. Bit of a slog ahead and I’m allowed in from 8am until 10pm each day. 

1 minute ago, Shtuggie said:

Waters broke at midnight last night. Came into hospital this morning around 11 and moved from Triage to ward a few hours back. Wife has very high blood pressure which they can’t seem to bring down so they are keeping her and are going to induce labour this afternoon. Bit of a slog ahead and I’m allowed in from 8am until 10pm each day. 

Best of luck with it all!

I just spat on myself whilst mid ranting and raving at the kids. Ffs.

As a serious point though, these two do not. Fucking. LISTEN!

I must repeat myself about a hundred times a day and the rage over it is getting worse. I know folk will say different but I am convinced other folks weans cant be as bad as this for listening/following simple instructions.

32 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I must repeat myself about a hundred times a day and the rage over it is getting worse. I know folk will say different but I am convinced other folks weans cant be as bad as this for listening/following simple instructions.

You are not alone.

After I'm fed up losing my shit, I quite like going for the quiet, ruthless consequence.

Kids playing up in the car is great. One gentle, upbeat warning. Then a very clear but still quiet final warning.

Then I take away their time on the consoles.

I have to admit there's a wee bit of me that revels in their pain.

My missus loses the rag much more, even though she let's them away with murder.

I took all technology off my son on Saturday night, when he asked what he should do I said tidy his room.

He apparently couldn't as had no music.....he's now to tidy it tonight or I'm down grading him to a.single bed from small double.