Pregnancy And Parenting

2 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Yeah I think it could be going that way. 

She's determined to take a flying leap off the couch as well, just no fear of consequences. 

That'll definitely happen. One in particular gave me a right fright when my oldest was about two. Header off the couch, landed on her face and flipped over. Looked like her head stayed where it was and the body went right over. I thought she'd broken her neck. She was up trying the same thing 10 minutes later.

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

That'll definitely happen. One in particular gave me a right fright when my oldest was about two. Header off the couch, landed on her face and flipped over. Looked like her head stayed where it was and the body went right over. I thought she'd broken her neck. She was up trying the same thing 10 minutes later.

Terrifying man. We had to move this big padded mat type thing, that doubles as a seating area for her as it was leaning against a wall and for fun she was running and jumping head first into it. After complaining about her herself, she continued to do it, I used to think she was quite clever as well. 

Edited by thistledo

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Yeah I think it could be going that way. 

She's determined to take a flying leap off the couch as well, just no fear of consequences. 

Somehow my son managed to take a space hoper up the stairs, unbeknown to me, then I went for a pee and he decided try and spacer hoper down the stairs........no don't think I washed my hands.........

6 hours ago, RH33 said:

Somehow my son managed to take a space hoper up the stairs, unbeknown to me, then I went for a pee and he decided try and spacer hoper down the stairs........no don't think I washed my hands.........

You've got to admire the ingenuity in bringing harm to themselves. 

I was more than a little anxious after checking the weather forecast last night and learning that, with the windchill, it would feel like -27c this morning, since my daughter insists that she comes out with me when I take the dog out and I like to let my wife have a lie in in the mornings. The danger of frostbite is very real in those temperatures. Thankfully lots of layers and some Vaseline on her cheeks, combined with our dog decided to get straight to business, meant it went a lot smoother than I thought it would. Here is Isla saying "off" , as soon as we get back indoors so wants off all her outerwear as soon as possible. 

27 degs.jpg

My youngest has been off school for 2 days now with this headache. My wife was floored by a similar one at the weekend - she reckoned it was a sinus thing. 

Last night was the worst, she was really in a lot of pain. Seems to have clamed down a bit now 

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

My youngest has been off school for 2 days now with this headache. My wife was floored by a similar one at the weekend - she reckoned it was a sinus thing. 

Last night was the worst, she was really in a lot of pain. Seems to have clamed down a bit now 

My missus had this, she's now been tested positive for Covid, so has the wean. I'm fine so far, but I feel a bit like an expectant zombie waiting to turn. 

40 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The little one is chatting a lot these days. Not so much chatting actually as just yelling at the top of her voice sporadically. It’s absolutely hilarious but the question is…at what point does it get annoying? 

I give it till Friday

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

My missus had this, she's now been tested positive for Covid, so has the wean. I'm fine so far, but I feel a bit like an expectant zombie waiting to turn. 

The wife had to take a test before going to an appointment and came back negative. 

Wait and see... 

51 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The little one is chatting a lot these days. Not so much chatting actually as just yelling at the top of her voice sporadically. It’s absolutely hilarious but the question is…at what point does it get annoying? 

It never gets annoying..........it's an ever-changing menu of sounds. Tune in and enjoy it while you can. Before you know it she'll be at nursery / school..........

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

When she's about 8-17.

5 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Get one of these. It's for splitting sair heids. 

31yZl9r0tGL._AC_SY580_.jpg

On 11/01/2022 at 09:14, Rugster said:

Our 2 have been trying to out do each other to see how many stairs they can jump off without a broken neck.

My sons 13 now and in S1. Apart from ensuring there's food in and pulling him up.on odd slightly inappropriate joke he heard. He lives.in his room. Is this normal? 

My two (12&14) are the same, although the youngest has been going out more often. I think the problem my oldest has is that his pals aren’t out as often as they used to be. It sounds “yer da” but, Because they can play with each other on the computers, they don’t feel the need to leave the house.
Although I do like jack dees take on that. “He gets to play with his pals, but we don’t have to have them in the house”
Each time one of them has a pal in, they just end up going and annoying each other like they are trying to show off.

18 hours ago, RH33 said:

My sons 13 now and in S1. Apart from ensuring there's food in and pulling him up.on odd slightly inappropriate joke he heard. He lives.in his room. Is this normal? 

My kids are the same. My son is 16 and comes home from school, goes online and games with his pals. I end up making him spend time with us for an hour or two every night, either watching something or playing a board game. Just don't want him turning unto a complete recluse.