Pregnancy And Parenting

On 26/10/2021 at 13:01, Dons_1988 said:

Thanks, that sounds like a horrendous time for you. 

I like to think I’ve retained enough perspective to know that the feeding issue we’re experiencing is very likely to be nothing serious and in the grand scheme of potential issues to be had with kids is very small indeed. Doesn’t make it enjoyable but I know that we’re pretty lucky in our circumstances. 

My biggest concern is my wife to be honest she is really suffering with it (and she wasn’t much better before the feeding issues) so it’s difficult to watch. 

How are things, dons?

Was at a gender reveal party today (I know [emoji849]), middle stepdaughter is pregnant.
It’s going to be a boy, which with 3 stepdaughters and 2 granddaughters pleases me greatly. I won’t be quite so outnumbered [emoji1303]

Sounds like good news to me, congratulations - why the f**k was it red dotted [mention=63316]Tony Ferrino[/mention] ?

I can't speak for Tony Ferrino but perhaps for the petty "grandparents again" line? It's a personal PTTGOMN, once you're a grandparent/parent you're always a grandparent/parent shirley? [emoji14]

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The nursery phoned my wife as my son said a bad word to another kid there today.  She is a bit mortified but I am positive that he's heard it in there and not from us.

Without the word in question, this is half a story...

The nursery phoned my wife as my son said a bad word to another kid there today.  She is a bit mortified but I am positive that he's heard it in there and not from us.

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, IMO.

On 24/11/2021 at 17:25, The Moonster said:

Having never ventured in here (never had the reason to) it would appear I now have circa 7 months to digest the thread in it's entirety. Baby Moonster is due on the 10th of June.

7 months should probably bring you up to speed...

Congratulations.

On 11/11/2021 at 20:48, Andy Dufresne said:

My son's gran passed away last week and he is heartbroken,he was really close to her.

You get reconciled to your parents dying (provided they don't die young) the older you get, in my experience, but the death of a grandparent can be very sore on a child/teenager/even someone in their twenties.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Good lad, you training him up on the sly to call the ref a w****r has been rumbled though 🤣

How parents with multiple weans deal with both parents being unwell is absolutely beyond me. Happened to us a couple of days ago and honestly I wanted to give up. Our 16 month old obviously has zero understanding of "mum and dad are fucked pet, you need to give us a break" 

Doesn't help I think I've caught more or less everything available from the nursery and been unwell for about three weeks. 

My wee one regaling us with tale of two P1s brought into his P4 class today so teacher could find the Headteacher (who was with the P4s) to issue a telling off.

The crime was first P1 micturating on his pal, who responded in kind. They both ended up rather soggy with a sorry tale to tell.

Oh the shame of receiving that telling off in front of another class!