Pregnancy And Parenting

5 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

The wife had the twenty week scan today. Have to say the sonographer today was absolutely brilliant, loads of detail and explained everything she was doing and measuring. At previous 20 week scans with the other kids I thought sonographer was mute until she said do you have any questions.

Anyway - another wee boy. 

That'll be me coaching the kids football teams for a little longer. Superb.

Good they told you - not every health board does. We didn't know my daughter was a girl until she was born. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Good they told you - not every health board does. We didn't know my daughter was a girl until she was born. 

We have now found out with all three. Makes life so much easier getting ready. 

No issues in D&G with letting you know.

2 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Forth valley didn't tell us. Some issue with some fathers kicking off at the sonographers when they didn't get the result they wanted.

39 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

That is mental (by fathers). 

What is wrong with some people.

Second youngest stepdaughter has had 4 daughters by her partner. (I said the last 3 would be girls.) I know her partner is disappointed in not having a son to pass the farm onto. (Jack isn't interested and it's just as well, as he wouldn't have got it, it might go to partner's sister's wee boy, if he's interested.)

However, if he is disappointed he hides it well, the sheer joy on his face when he came to collect the youngest one the other day was a sight to behold.

(He seemed happy enough to see the other two as well...)

Night number 6 in hospital for us after rushing the eldest child (6) to hospital last Wednesday morning. Turns out he has type 1 diabetes. I must say he has taken it like an absolute champion with the constant, well it feels like it anyway, blood sugar checks and insulin injections but there are have been a few times where the mask has slipped and you can tell he is struggling to come to terms with it and it is heartbreaking to watch.

Its obviously a hell of a lot for him to take in and we aren’t allowed to leave until the nurses are happy we can do everything comfortably so hopefully when we do get home we can settle back into a “normal” routine which will make everything a bit easier.

19 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Night number 6 in hospital for us after rushing the eldest child (6) to hospital last Wednesday morning. Turns out he has type 1 diabetes. I must say he has taken it like an absolute champion with the constant, well it feels like it anyway, blood sugar checks and insulin injections but there are have been a few times where the mask has slipped and you can tell he is struggling to come to terms with it and it is heartbreaking to watch.

Its obviously a hell of a lot for him to take in and we aren’t allowed to leave until the nurses are happy we can do everything comfortably so hopefully when we do get home we can settle back into a “normal” routine which will make everything a bit easier.

One of my son's friends was diagnosed last year and gas adapted very quickly. He was 11 though so probably bit easier. 

There was also a wee boy in nursery with my girls, he had the insulin pump fitted and again didn't bat an eye lid.

Worrying times but hopefully you'll get home and settled soon.

Thanks @Busta Nut and @lichtie23 for the kind posts. 

Ive not really had the time between everything to post anything that articulate but will do at some point. 

In short, nothing really improved. Feeding remains mixed, wee one is healthy but doesn’t feel like a sustainable amount she’s having. We’ve booked to see an infant dietician tomorrow. Not sure how confident I am in that but at least a different insight. 

The wife’s mood is still in the bin and cries after every feed and more. She has at least booked to see the GP for herself in a couple of weeks time. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ive not really had the time between everything to post anything that articulate but will do at some point. 

In short, nothing really improved. Feeding remains mixed, wee one is healthy but doesn’t feel like a sustainable amount she’s having. We’ve booked to see an infant dietician tomorrow. Not sure how confident I am in that but at least a different insight. 

The wife’s mood is still in the bin and cries after every feed and more. She has at least booked to see the GP for herself in a couple of weeks time. 

Is this a private dietician?

They told us as well (DnG) but the woman did say "It looks like a girl to me". Was it similar with yourself Mallo? I think a big issue was that they would naturally get it wrong sometimes and folk were kitting out their room in pink only for it to be a boy.

Happened to a girl in the town funnily enough. They were told it was a girl and they had a boy.

Sad state of affairs but folk will find any excuse to sue nowadays it seems.

Second youngest stepdaughter has had 4 daughters by her partner. (I said the last 3 would be girls.) I know her partner is disappointed in not having a son to pass the farm onto. (Jack isn't interested and it's just as well, as he wouldn't have got it, it might go to partner's sister's wee boy, if he's interested.)
However, if he is disappointed he hides it well, the sheer joy on his face when he came to collect the youngest one the other day was a sight to behold.
(He seemed happy enough to see the other two as well...)

I always wanted a wee lassie. My Mrs didn't want to know what our first was so she left the room and I was told by myself what the sex was. When they told me I was literally jumping up and down. I never expected such a reaction and I sometimes wonder how I would have reacted if it was a boy. I like to think I'd have been quite dignified but I get the feeling I may well have been the below. (Notice how my last sentence ties in with the last one above...)

d2e8d73819533da357581ce4dbaefe29.gif

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye 

Just be very careful of their motivation, ££££ to be made out of a vulnerable new mum.

As wee one is five months have you thought about introducing solids? 

12 hours ago, PB1994 said:

All the best, at least you know what's wrong.

He'll probably be telling you how to administer the checks and medication...

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Small steps, loon, keep on keeping on.

55 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

They told us as well (DnG) but the woman did say "It looks like a girl to me". Was it similar with yourself Mallo? I think a big issue was that they would naturally get it wrong sometimes and folk were kitting out their room in pink only for it to be a boy.

Happened to a girl in the town funnily enough. They were told it was a girl and they had a boy.

Sad state of affairs but folk will find any excuse to sue nowadays it seems.

I always wanted a wee lassie. My Mrs didn't want to know what our first was so she left the room and I was told by myself what the sex was. When they told me I was literally jumping up and down. I never expected such a reaction and I sometimes wonder how I would have reacted if it was a boy. I like to think I'd have been quite dignified but I get the feeling I may well have been the below. (Notice how my last sentence ties in with the last one above...)

d2e8d73819533da357581ce4dbaefe29.gif

Fairly similar yes. They didn't offer - they said any questions and the wife asked if she could find out the sex. She was fairly confident but there was the caveat that obviously she may have it wrong. It looked fairly obvious to me that it was a boy to be honest.

7 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Just be very careful of their motivation, ££££ to be made out of a vulnerable new mum.

As wee one is five months have you thought about introducing solids? 

Yes, I’m wary of being taken for a mug definitely. I have a relative that’s a paediatrician so tbh I’d be running any advice past her and we won’t be getting on any long term plan or any other money drain!

Solids may be an option if this continues much longer, yeah. 

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yes, I’m wary of being taken for a mug definitely. I have a relative that’s a paediatrician so tbh I’d be running any advice past her and we won’t be getting on any long term plan or any other money drain!

Solids may be an option if this continues much longer, yeah. 

We went at that early with BB2 tbh. She seemed ready for it. It really cant hurt and could give your wife something to focus on. Have a wee read about Baby Led Weaning. We did that with second one and it was a colossal improvement on normal weaning 

Fairly similar yes. They didn't offer - they said any questions and the wife asked if she could find out the sex. She was fairly confident but there was the caveat that obviously she may have it wrong. It looked fairly obvious to me that it was a boy to be honest.

That was his leg...