Pregnancy And Parenting

1 minute ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Encouraging feedback.

I think you might be right. Due March - we have a reservation down on a house (before we knew) not due to be finished until Spring sometime next year. We're going to end up at my parents for a couple of months with a new born - which will either be an absolutely great help or an absolute nightmare.

Ach, it'll be allright. It always is.

11 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Encouraging feedback.

I think you might be right. Due March - we have a reservation down on a house (before we knew) not due to be finished until Spring sometime next year. We're going to end up at my parents for a couple of months with a new born - which will either be a great help or an absolute nightmare.

Mine was due in march, she came early.....

1 hour ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Encouraging feedback.

I think you might be right. Due March - we have a reservation down on a house (before we knew) not due to be finished until Spring sometime next year. We're going to end up at my parents for a couple of months with a new born - which will either be a great help or an absolute nightmare.

We moved in to our house in the April, when the wife was 8 months pregnant. Me, parents, in-laws, friends all round decorating as fast as we could. Seems bonkers that we did that, looking back.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

We moved in to our house in the April, when the wife was 8 months pregnant. Me, parents, in-laws, friends all round decorating as fast as we could. Seems bonkers that we did that, looking back.

Jeez. I hope you did yoga at night.

3 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Yeah, said before but our daughter was born on the Wednesday, moved house on the Friday and then my wife and baby came home from hospital on the Saturday.

Fair to say it was a hectic week. Think my Missus just wanted to get out of helping me with the house move.

As long as you chilled on Sunday.

On 16/09/2021 at 20:03, Jacksgranda said:

Results came back today, and it's just an "ordinary" infection, thankfully.

As she's still at the everything goes into the mouth stage and she lives on a farm there's not a lot they can do other than tie her to a chair and keep her in the house.

Her big sister (3 1/2) informed my wife she can't visit as "she's a big girl now and goes to play school every day". However she and her 3 sisters are visiting in the next fortnight or so.

They're coming this weekend. My wife was snapchatting them yesterday, but the wee one couldn't get a word in edgeways for her big sister, who's turned into an even bigger chatterbox now she's at play school. But she's fine, so long may it last.

That's them here, the wee one is looking very well and is in great form, so's the next one up, the next one up has fallen out with her mum and is being threatened with being taken back up the road*, and the biggest one is pissed off because her order from the Chinese was messed up.

* Her mother is very strict with them, hardly surprising with the shite she got away with, she knows all the moves, my wife was soft as f*** with them, couldn't discipline them to save her life.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig and grandma

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's them here, the wee one is looking very well and is in great form, so's the next one up, the next one up has fallen out with her mum and is being threatened with being taken back up the road*, and the biggest one is pissed off because her order from the Chinese was messed up.

* Her mother is very strict with them, hardly surprising with the shite she got away with, she knows all the moves, my wife was soft as f*** with them, couldn't discipline them to save her life.

I am the same when it comes to discipline,Maisie was sent to bed early last night for throwing a massive tantrum.I was caught taking her up a sweet.

On 01/10/2021 at 17:57, Jacksgranda said:

That's them away, it's been a bit quiet this last 4 hours! :lol:

My son seems to struggle with some numbers and letters (2's as 5's, S's as 2's or back to front kind of thing). I noticed it during home schooling but put it down to him not fully concentrating. I don't know of its a brain function issue. He was off school ill on Friday and I asked him at one point to check how many minutes were left to go on the washing machine to which he told me it said 3nd. He's left handed but his mum and I are both right handed so I wonder if his brain is wired differently

Has anybody else experienced this? I know the simple answer is to speak to the school but all we would get is they'll keep an eye on him. 

He's 6 and in P2

Edited by FK1Bairn
Added age

5 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

My son seems to struggle with some numbers and letters (2's as 5's, S's as 2's or back to front kind of thing). I noticed it during home schooling but put it down to him not fully concentrating. I don't know of its a brain function issue. He was off school ill on Friday and I asked him at one point to check how many minutes were left to go on the washing machine to which he told me it said 3nd. He's left handed but his mum and I are both right handed so I wonder if his brain is wired differently

Has anybody else experienced this? I know the simple answer is to speak to the school but all we would get is they'll keep an eye on him. 

He's 6 and in P2

Could be a sign of dyslexia(or for numbers possibly dycalculia) 

If so you probably want to kick start the process of diagnosis and getting the school to implement supports for him as quick as you can,  the school system is in the same place it was 30+ years ago and these things will take ages and you will need to fight like f**k over what should be simple things. Quicker you start the quicker you/he/the school  will learn what strategies work out for him

58 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

He's 6 and in P2

Dyslexia runs in Ben's family(mum's side) but he is fantastic at numbers,raise your concerns with the school.Which school does he go to?

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

He's 6 and in P2

Raise it with school but they won't test until he is at least 8 as before then it's a perfectly normal mistake kids make as they learn to write.

My son is dyslexic, as am I.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Could be a sign of dyslexia(or for numbers possibly dycalculia) 

If so you probably want to kick start the process of diagnosis and getting the school to implement supports for him as quick as you can,  the school system is in the same place it was 30+ years ago and these things will take ages and you will need to fight like f**k over what should be simple things. Quicker you start the quicker you/he/the school  will learn what strategies work out for him

This second paragraph I dont agree with at all. Purely on the basis of my own child. Maybe got lucky with teachers and nursery staff but since primary 1 my eldest has had support ( this was regardless of being diagnosed with dual AdHd and Autism ) throughout school time. He is now in primary 7. Our next challenge/ battle is now transition from primary to high school. Son is petrified of going to high school . However that is a bridge we will cross next year and take as it comes. 

My advice for what it's worth is speak to the teacher and see what is said. If not happy can push to get accessed ( again when my son got accessed it was fairly quick however I know some parents have waited a while ). But I do know from my experience ( kids in his class) some of them didn't get accessed until they were a bit older. So you may get the answer of we will see how he gets on say next March. 

So that's my little boy 2 months old now and it's been a great journey so far.  Tired? Yes.  Worth it though now that he's starting to smile!

Also a wonderful feeling when I was chatting to a colleague who had a baby just before we did.  Their little one is up 2/3 times a night wanting a feed.  Mine?  Falls asleep at 11 and tends to wake up about half 6 when I'd want to be up for work anyway :D 

16 hours ago, RH33 said:

Raise it with school but they won't test until he is at least 8 as before then it's a perfectly normal mistake kids make as they learn to write.

My son is dyslexic, as am I.

Thanks to everybody for the replies. I spoke to his teacher this morning and she basically said it is a perfectly normal mistake mainly due to the 'learn through play' meaning they're not getting a 'flow' of writing but once they're writing more this kind of mistake happens less often. 

She said its something she'll keep an eye on especially if it's still happening in a year or two's time