Pregnancy And Parenting

Youngest granddaughter has had another nappy incident which has resulted in it being sent off for analysis - hopefully it's just a wee relapse, rather than a full blown replica of the last carry on.

Results back on Friday (or even Monday), in the meantime "keep an eye on her, get plenty fluids in her, and keep a check that her kidneys are functioning".

55 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I am very sorry to hear this. 

Ancient history here, but my grandfather and his family fell out many decades ago. He has been dead for 40 years but my mum grew up knowing there were cousins and an uncle out there somewhere that she never knew. About 5 years ago she got a letter from one such cousin who was working on a family tree. My mum reconnected with this cousin, and then with her uncle. 

She asked her uncle what the falling out was about, as she never knew. The uncle just said, sadly, that it was really unimportant and that he regretted missing out on his family for all that time. The uncle died a few years ago, shortly after meeting my mum. Mum and her cousin are still in touch. 

Mum and her cousin are almost 70 and are in touch now, so there is always some hope I guess.

My mum and one of her other sisters fell out with another sister, and although they didn't speak for years, (they did make up before they all died, AFAIR), they didn't stop myself and my brother and our cousins keeping in touch with our aunt.

But family feuds are a c***.

On 14/09/2021 at 16:28, Jacksgranda said:

Youngest granddaughter has had another nappy incident which has resulted in it being sent off for analysis - hopefully it's just a wee relapse, rather than a full blown replica of the last carry on.

Results back on Friday (or even Monday), in the meantime "keep an eye on her, get plenty fluids in her, and keep a check that her kidneys are functioning".

Results came back today, and it's just an "ordinary" infection, thankfully.

As she's still at the everything goes into the mouth stage and she lives on a farm there's not a lot they can do other than tie her to a chair and keep her in the house.

Her big sister (3 1/2) informed my wife she can't visit as "she's a big girl now and goes to play school every day". However she and her 3 sisters are visiting in the next fortnight or so.

On 10/09/2021 at 14:13, Jacksgranda said:

7 year old grandaughter has been accused of racism, and is getting a file opened on her. She called a classmate a "potato head", which is apparently a great insult in Scotland (things have changed since I was a bairn), and ran off saying she didn't "want to play with the d*****", which the wee boy says didn't happen, as does our grandaughter. She's mixed race herself.

Fact warning: My wife told me this after getting a call from my youngest stepdaughter who had been speaking to her big sister, so there have been 3 levels of spin put on this.

A classroom assistant heard all this (apparently) and a case file has been/will be opened. Is this not a bit OTT when dealing with a first offence for 7 year olds?

It wouldn't surprise me if there was previous between my stepdaughter and this classroom assistant, as she manages to rub everyone up the wrong way, and the ca is maybe getting her own back.

It was "coconut head" rather than "potato head", which does sound slightly more racist, tbh.

And I was right, they do have previous. It won't be my stepdaughter's fault, of course...

Not ventured on to this thread in a few years. Over 6 to be exact.

With mine being 10 and 6 the wife and I decided to go again. Both agreed we missed the small tippy taps of a toddler around the house and decided if we don't do it now we never will (I'm 35 and she's 31). 

Number 3 due 14th March 2022. 

Edited by Mallo_Madrid

12 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

With mine being 10 and 6 the wife and I decided to go again. Both agreed we missed the small tippy taps of a toddler around the house and decided if we don't do it now we never will (I'm 35 and she's 31). 

Good luck, my third is a bampot!

15 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

You're mad. But congratulations anyway!

7 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Good luck, my third is a bampot!

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You're mad. But congratulations anyway!

Encouraging feedback.

I think you might be right. Due March - we have a reservation down on a house (before we knew) not due to be finished until Spring sometime next year. We're going to end up at my parents for a couple of months with a new born - which will either be a great help or an absolute nightmare.

Edited by Mallo_Madrid