Pregnancy And Parenting

On 10/08/2021 at 15:39, Ross. said:

The boy has started hiding when going for a shit. His favourite spot is currently under the dining table. Quite cute most of the time but I wasn’t so keen on it yesterday when I was trying to finish my dinner and he was adding to the atmosphere with a variety of sounds and smells.

My son used to go into the hall to do his, with the potty. If anyone tried going into the hall whilst he was snapping off a yard of spine, he would shout at them. It's the first step towards taking it into the toilet. 

37 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My son used to go into the hall to do his, with the potty. If anyone tried going into the hall whilst he was snapping off a yard of spine, he would shout at them. It's the first step towards taking it into the toilet. 

Probably still a fair way to go in that respect, he is only 14 months old. Seems he has a corner of his room that he likes to squat in also, beside one of the bookshelves and out of sight. Maybe just picking up cues from his old man who clearly enjoys the peace and quiet he gets when taking a shit…

On 04/08/2021 at 16:07, Jacksgranda said:

Well, that's made my day. Just had a visit from the patient, as her mum and eldest sister came to collect the other two, and apart from her colour she's looking quite well.

She stomped about the living room for a wee while, but mostly sat on her mum's and granny's knee, took the most of a bottle (still trying to force liquids in her).

Wet nappies still have to be examined  - not sure if they still have to be analysed, I doubt it - and her blood levels/platelets have to be checked regularly, but it looks like she might be on the right road.

Saw her today as I was collecting her oldest sister to bring her down to ours. She was in great form, still very pale on it, but otherwise you wouldn't have known she'd been through what she went through.

She was having a great time getting driven round the garden on the quad by her second oldest sister, pursued by the puppy, then she came into the house and got something to eat.

The last test on her platelets was good, she's due another one shortly. The toxin is still in her system so she's not clear yet, but everyone is just so grateful to have her home.

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Saw her today as I was collecting her oldest sister to bring her down to ours. She was in great form, still very pale on it, but otherwise you wouldn't have known she'd been through what she went through.

She was having a great time getting driven round the garden on the quad by her second oldest sister, pursued by the puppy, then she came into the house and got something to eat.

The last test on her platelets was good, she's due another one shortly. The toxin is still in her system so she's not clear yet, but everyone is just so grateful to have her home.

Great news JG, what a relief. 

On 15/08/2021 at 20:59, Jacksgranda said:

The wee soul has a urinary infection. This is how it started the last time...

Watching TV with the kids last night and there was a very mild bit of surgery in the show we were watching. My daughter (11) said she would never want to be a surgeon as it would be gross looking at blood and guts. 

My son then told her that she had to. She could either be a surgeon or work "at the kitten abattoir". 

She shrugged and then said "Fine, I'll be a surgeon". If the day ever comes when she is a surgeon, I'll know why. 

Watching TV with the kids last night and there was a very mild bit of surgery in the show we were watching. My daughter (11) said she would never want to be a surgeon as it would be gross looking at blood and guts. 
My son then told her that she had to. She could either be a surgeon or work "at the kitten abattoir". 
She shrugged and then said "Fine, I'll be a surgeon". If the day ever comes when she is a surgeon, I'll know why. 
Pretty stark career choice, but still better than when we used Kudos to find our ideal employment whilst in school

Maybe worth investing in a sledgehammer the now, just incase.

My 15 year-old daughter has flown the nest, having started lycée (high school) in Lyon, a 90-minute drive away. She’ll stay at the school during the week and come home at weekends, which is fairly common in France. Wife’s nerves are in tatters, but it seems like a cool opportunity to me. This is the view from her (tiny) window.

35306991-894A-40A2-9D46-CFB6EB2D833A.jpeg

On 24/06/2021 at 10:09, beesher said:

Anyone got any positive stories after trying for a long time? My Wife and I have been trying for 1.5 years and the endless cycle of disappointment is beginning to get a bit soul destroying.

Also there doesn't seem to be a lot of places online for men to discuss fertility issues hence why I'm resorting to PandB.

The only positive I can give you is that 1.5 years isn't that long. The wife and I have been plodding through IVF for five and a bit years now (admittedly on and off) with little success and plenty disappointment, and actually managed to get things going ourselves this month despite the IVF clinic telling us that was all but impossible without their help, only for that to fail too. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

The only positive I can give you is that 1.5 years isn't that long. The wife and I have been plodding through IVF for five and a bit years now (admittedly on and off) with little success and plenty disappointment, and actually managed to get things going ourselves this month despite the IVF clinic telling us that was all but impossible without their help, only for that to fail too. 

That's great, congratulations!

I am now on a strict diet/exercise regime and completely tee-total. I guess we will see how it goes....

We were told to lose weight ahead of starting IVF in order to give it the best of chances, and while dropping a bit of beef improved the hotness of my hot sauce, it always felt like a bit of a ruse when everyone knows fat b*****ds can get pregnant. Also we're well aware we could walk in with cash in hand and pay for treatment regardless of our size, and like I said, we managed to briefly become pregnant naturally while roughly the size we were when we started. So f**k knows what's up with that.

If it wasn't for COVID, the holidays would already be booked. 

On 23/02/2021 at 11:48, Jacksgranda said:

Picked this up from another thread, updated for @Northern lights

Name Children Grandchildren Name

mozam76 1    

Christ, goes to show you how often I post on this thread! The "1" in question is my laddie who turns 17 next week, and his wee sister is 7!

Congrats to all the mithers, faithers, granmaws and granpaws on this thread. 

Superb timing from our 1yr old yesterday when she pointed at one half of the gay couple next door while shouting "gay!". Fortunately we get on really well with our neighbours and he thought it was hilarious, while confirming to our darling daughter that she was in fact correct.

Just to confirm as far as I know she's not a little homophobe, just recently she's putting a lot of effort into words and sounds, has "Dad" and "Daddy" sorted, for some reason she's been practicing a lot of 'G' sounds, which recently became basically shouting "gaaaayyyy" sometimes while pointing at me or the missus. Great. The pointing thing she's always done.