Pregnancy And Parenting

Another wettish nappy, so that's good. They've taken her off the drip as she's not getting rid of all the fluid. They seem happy with the blood transfusion at the moment. She's taken some liquids. 

Thanks for all your good wishes, I'm not going to keep posting twice daily updates, I'll let you know if anything big happens like she's getting home or some such.

She's no worse, another wettish nappy but they haven't yet established how much of a kidney function she has. She's to get another blood transfusion as her red platelets are still low. The good news is the poison hasn't attacked any other organs. (That isn't good news actually as my wife and I were unaware that any other organ apart from the kidneys was in danger, just something else to worry about.) Apparently she's eaten something, must be her first bite in about a week.

But she's not getting any worse, so that's a positive.

ETA: Just snapchatted her there, she's looking a wee bit brighter.

Edited by Jacksgranda

She's holding her own, still getting blood transfusions every other day or so, so until that stops she won't be getting home.

She's eating more (which wouldn't be difficult, but at least she's eating), but they can't get enough liquids in her. The other day she ate two yoghurts but was then sick  and brought up her medication, too!

I doubt it's going to be a long haul.

Highly recommend buying your child a doctor's set. My 2 year old has been running around with her plastic thermometer and stethoscope whilst I lie on the couch pretending to be sick. I might even nod off and pretend I'm unconscious next. 

8 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Good news - she got home yesterday.

Her kidneys are still functioning although I don't know to what extent, and her blood platelets are "normal" but she has to go for a check up (probably regular check ups) next week at her local hospital.

She's not out of the woods yet, but at least she's home.

Very glad to hear it. Do they have an idea what caused it?

On 24/06/2021 at 10:09, beesher said:

Anyone got any positive stories after trying for a long time? My Wife and I have been trying for 1.5 years and the endless cycle of disappointment is beginning to get a bit soul destroying.

Also there doesn't seem to be a lot of places online for men to discuss fertility issues hence why I'm resorting to PandB.

Ps: I've already tried rolling the windows down and turning the heating up full blast. 

Sorry bit late here but we went through the same thing. Think we had about 5 goes over 7 years or so but no success in the end. I think the hardest part was comforting the wife as she kept saying that she didn’t want to go through it again then would want to try again a few months later! 

Sorry this probably isn’t helping but just try and keep the head up and talk to your friends about it if you can.  Not for everyone but we decided to go down the adoption route and were lucky to get a wee boy. 4 years later and I’m now chasing him about every day and wondering if we really were lucky 😂

EF0FEE1A-F183-43A7-92FE-66737FF9B3C9.jpeg

Well, that's made my day. Just had a visit from the patient, as her mum and eldest sister came to collect the other two, and apart from her colour she's looking quite well.

She stomped about the living room for a wee while, but mostly sat on her mum's and granny's knee, took the most of a bottle (still trying to force liquids in her).

Wet nappies still have to be examined  - not sure if they still have to be analysed, I doubt it - and her blood levels/platelets have to be checked regularly, but it looks like she might be on the right road.

The boy has started hiding when going for a shit. His favourite spot is currently under the dining table. Quite cute most of the time but I wasn’t so keen on it yesterday when I was trying to finish my dinner and he was adding to the atmosphere with a variety of sounds and smells.

Been a long term lurker on this thread but happy to announce that my son was born on the 3rd of August.  Has been the most mental but great 10 days since he arrived.  Who needs a full night sleep anyway? :D 

3 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Been a long term lurker on this thread but happy to announce that my son was born on the 3rd of August.  Has been the most mental but great 10 days since he arrived.  Who needs a full night sleep anyway? :D 

Congratulations! 

Great news. Hope the wee man is fit and healthy.