Pregnancy And Parenting

3 minutes ago, TAFKAM said:

wee kids an graveyards are awful/great depending on your perspective. I recently attended a funeral and my laddie wouldn't sit still so I took him for a potter around the graveyard and after turning to check how to get back to the gathering for a second I was confronted by him going 'angel! angel!' holding someone's little statue votive offering to a dead relative.

I took a random guess as to where he'd got it and plonked it down and made a swift exit with child in tow, outwardly mortified and cackling like a loon on the inside.

I’ll keep an eye on the Evening News for stories about grave desecrations.

21 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Almost created some beef in the nursery WhatsApp group the other day. One parent complained about their kid getting paint in his top, another chimes in saying that she would send her kid back in in paint covered clothes to make a point and had written to the nursery about claiming the cost of clothes damaged at nursery back.

These are three and four year olds. Their clothes are going to get covered in paint and mud and grass and their food and quite possibly their own faeces. Unbelievable. I was considering replying saying this but don’t want to beef with the kids my son smears paint on all day.

Shitebag.

School and nursery WhatsApp groups sound a bit like serious work group chats, but just much worse, feels like it would be a bunch of Facebook mums but all in the one place. 

I think I'd just send a Wardy Joubert meme and get instantly removed. 

Anyone got any positive stories after trying for a long time? My Wife and I have been trying for 1.5 years and the endless cycle of disappointment is beginning to get a bit soul destroying.

Also there doesn't seem to be a lot of places online for men to discuss fertility issues hence why I'm resorting to PandB.

Ps: I've already tried rolling the windows down and turning the heating up full blast. 

Wife had our first child on Wednesday. Zoe, almost two weeks overdue and 9 lb so a big unit. She was due in to get induced the same day but started having little contractions on Monday night. By early hours of Wednesday morning baby was obviously in the post.

Both fine but the delivery was a bit traumatic. There wasn't much progress by about 1pm so decided an emergency section was the way forward. By the time they called me in to theatre in my scrubs, baby was coming out normally. She then turned around and had to be delivered by forceps. I half expected her to be flicking us all the middle finger when she was born.

Both fine now, and coming home today.
Off to big school after summer. Seems like a couple of months since she arrived. That's my wife's bogging hand before anyone starts [emoji23]IMG-20210622-WA0006.jpeg

7 minutes ago, beesher said:

Anyone got any positive stories after trying for a long time? My Wife and I have been trying for 1.5 years and the endless cycle of disappointment is beginning to get a bit soul destroying.

Also there doesn't seem to be a lot of places online for men to discuss fertility issues hence why I'm resorting to PandB.

Ps: I've already tried rolling the windows down and turning the heating up full blast. 

Hey there. Take heart. 18 months honestly isn’t that long. 

after we got married my wife was freaking out when she wasn’t pregnant after a year. Started with GP, testing of us both etc but the doctors even then we’re like “this really isn’t very long and we aren’t concerned.” 

tests showed there was no issue with either of us and at about the 18th month we got lucky. 

2nd time around a few years later seemed to come much more easily.

40 minutes ago, thistledo said:

School and nursery WhatsApp groups sound a bit like serious work group chats, but just much worse, feels like it would be a bunch of Facebook mums but all in the one place. 

I think I'd just send a Wardy Joubert meme and get instantly removed. 

Wood you though?

On 21/06/2021 at 21:38, ICTChris said:

Almost created some beef in the nursery WhatsApp group the other day. One parent complained about their kid getting paint in his top, another chimes in saying that she would send her kid back in in paint covered clothes to make a point and had written to the nursery about claiming the cost of clothes damaged at nursery back.

These are three and four year olds. Their clothes are going to get covered in paint and mud and grass and their food and quite possibly their own faeces. Unbelievable. I was considering replying saying this but don’t want to beef with the kids my son smears paint on all day.

Most other parents I find are decent but there are always a few complete arseholes. You did the right thing in not getting embroiled. There is no point.

We were nearly 8 years trying. We were in the final stages before getting assistance. Meant to call the hospital when she got her period so they could start the process. Needless to say it never arrived. We put it down to the stress of it all.

2 hours ago, Thorongil said:

Hey there. Take heart. 18 months honestly isn’t that long. 

after we got married my wife was freaking out when she wasn’t pregnant after a year. Started with GP, testing of us both etc but the doctors even then we’re like “this really isn’t very long and we aren’t concerned.” 

tests showed there was no issue with either of us and at about the 18th month we got lucky. 

2nd time around a few years later seemed to come much more easily.

Quite so.

My pal and his Mrs tried for years and were at the point of total despair, then rattled off 3 in 4 years.

18 months isnt a lot really.

8 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Off to big school after summer. Seems like a couple of months since she arrived. That's my wife's bogging hand before anyone starts emoji23.pngIMG-20210622-WA0006.jpeg

The teacher will be delighted at the plug for the nursery.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

8 hours ago, beesher said:

18 months seems like a long time but it isn't. I know of several people who have been 3/4years and then bang them out.

I had miscarriages and we totally stopped trying and decided to wait until I was 30....by time I was 30 I was half way through expecting our third!

We've family who spent a fortune on IVF as she had been told at a young age medically she wouldn't be able have kids......four years after her ivf baby came a naturally conceived baby!

I think there's limited conversation around trying to get pregnant, once you've been married a while people think nothing asking when you having, often unaware of the monthly heartbreak going on.

We're a mixed bunch here so it's probably as good a place as any to offload.

Yeah I'd add that the first was a big struggle for us. Took will over a year, and then we had a miscarriage just after telling folk (so still fairly early in the pregnancy).

Devastated, and then another year or so later my health was fucked and we had all but given up hope. We'd had tests and all was well but it felt so bleak and unfair. The hospital were getting ready to offer ivf when out the blue it just happened.

Our second came along, literally at the first condom-less sex we had (conceived about 9 months after our first was born).

Tried for around a year. I was told that I had a low sperm count and my wife has PCOS and it was unlikely we would conceive naturally.

However, she fell pregnant twice. Sadly the first ended in miscarriage, but second time happened not long afterwards and our daughter is 7 months old tomorrow.