Pregnancy And Parenting

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Not as yet, but he's been tested for balance, hearing and eyesight. Having a look at the NHS info on dyspraxia, I'm not mega concerned as though he can be a bit clumsy and isn't great at things like cutlery and shoelaces, he's perfectly good on roller skates and scooters and with a pen or pencil. I'll definitely keep an eye though and raise it at the next consultation. Thanks.

My son couldn't go his bike until.he was about 9 but his sister was earlier but is also about to be formally tested. Neither of them can do shoelaces and both write badly. 

Son has verbal dyspraxia too and some auditory processing issues, has ear defenders too. 

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

My son couldn't go his bike until.he was about 9 but his sister was earlier but is also about to be formally tested. Neither of them can do shoelaces and both write badly. 

Son has verbal dyspraxia too and some auditory processing issues, has ear defenders too. 

Mine has the ear defenders too. No issues with my daughter.

I secretly love it when the eldest gives me attitude. Obviously I have to tell her off but the second she looks away I end up smiling 9/10. Love when she stands up for herself even if she's being disobedient [emoji38]

1st year completed. Slightly worried that Steve Clarke will regret not having called him up yet. The big positive is that he doesn’t have a Slavic name, so should bypass the Swiss scouting system.

ED933CA3-87AB-4CD1-917C-3BF95CCC1A4C.jpeg

10 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Ahhh wee cuties.

My middle one was ten on Friday!

Iv also got a 12 year old (turns 13 in June) and an 11 year old. The 12 year old has decided to turn Veggie. Never a dull moment at Lichtie23 towers 

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv also got a 12 year old (turns 13 in June) and an 11 year old. The 12 year old has decided to turn Veggie. Never a dull moment at Lichtie23 towers 

Not sure I could manage with that sort of time difference between the youngest and oldest. Mate of mines has a boy who has not long turned 18 and his youngest is 2. Just seems mental to me. Perhaps if I'd had the first when I was in my early 20's instead of late 30's it wouldn't seem quite as bad!

13 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Not sure I could manage with that sort of time difference between the youngest and oldest. Mate of mines has a boy who has not long turned 18 and his youngest is 2. Just seems mental to me. Perhaps if I'd had the first when I was in my early 20's instead of late 30's it wouldn't seem quite as bad!

The 2 older kids are from a previous relationship, they don’t live with us and I don’t see them enough as I’d like. They are both amazing with the wee man though. 

14 minutes ago, RH33 said:

My sons 12, 13 in sept and voice broke recently, no chance he'd give up meat 😂 

Wee one 8 going on 16, walking attitude problem.

She loved ribs, bacon, gammon, burgers etc and then out of the blue said she was turning veggie! I think it’s just a phase, probably not getting enough attention at home. 

On 13/04/2021 at 08:56, Ross. said:

Jack's 20 years older than his youngest sister.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Jack's 20 years older than his youngest sister.

My older brother is 15 years older than my youngest brother. Only now when I look at it that I realise how much work it must have been for my mum!