Pregnancy And Parenting

22 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
23 hours ago, Mr X said:
£2 coin per tooth, Shirley?

Maybe if you live in DG1!...

I always thought DG2 was the poshier postcode, my dear Oma lives in Rotchell Gardens on the Maxwelltown side of the Nith and after telling one guy this he said she "must be fucking posh but" She's not posh, in true stereotypical Dumfries style she was a farmer and sold her farm for a profit

I always thought DG2 was the poshier postcode, my dear Oma lives in Rotchell Gardens on the Maxwelltown side of the Nith and after telling one guy this he said she "must be fucking posh but" She's not posh, in true stereotypical Dumfries style she was a farmer and sold her farm for a profit
DG2 is where the majority of council/housing association houses are so it's regarded as the lower class side of the water. DG1 is where you'll find the nicer houses and cars and people eating Tesco value grub because they can't afford their lavish lifestyle 8)

Though in seriousness, I live in one of the "less desirable" areas of town and checked on that poverty thing. Our street was the only street in the entire area not regarded as a poverty street*. I told a neighbour this a while and he said years ago this street was regarded as Millionaires Row as it was the only street where the houses were all bought [emoji38]

* Not sure if it's still the case.

Our young lad got the equivalent of  about 3 quid for the 1st couple of teeth.  A couple of days later he appeared with a tissue and the remnants of another tooth.   It was rice.  Had a wee chuckle at that. 

I feel like the last tooth should be the one that goes up in monetary value. At this rate the tooth fairy will be writing IOUs for the wee one, haven't paid for anything in cash for about a year and all the pound coins have gone to delivery driver tips. 

So bloody happy right now,we have been approached for a mutual exchange for our house,we are moving to a 3 bedroom semi detached house with a drive and huge back garden.It will be hard leaving our home for the last 11 years but the house is just too small for us and the kids come 1st.

Edited by keithgy

• 3 weeks later...

Just been at the Sick Kids with my youngest.  We noticed two weekends ago that she had a hair wrapped tightly around the middle toe of her left foot that was cutting into it and stopping the blood flow.  Took her to A&E and they thought that they had managed to cut it and get it all out.  Sent us home telling us to keep an eye on it and bring her back if we had any concerns.  Didn't think it was healing as well as it should and took her back to A&E at the weekend there and they made an appointment to come in to their Plastic Surgery Trauma team (no idea).

They had a look at it and discovered that the hair was still in there and have managed to dig it out now.  Felt like a monster whilst I'm trying to pin my 1 year old to the trolley whilst this poor lassie is going at her toe with an incredibly sharp looking pair of scissors.

Hopefully that's it sorted now, but they've said that if it's cut in deeply enough, it might have damaged the tendons meaning she may have trouble fully flexing her toe as she grows up, but that it's not something that will bother her.

My eldest has been getting assessed since age 3 for autism spectrum related disorders. He's super clever, laser focussed and has a lexicon that would embarass even me. They're now leaning towards a diagnosis of Asperger's / ADHD, which feels like the right fit for him as he gets fixated by topics that interest him, can be socially awkward (less so much "awkward", more over excited and intense in social situations) and can become hyper / emotional at a moment's notice as well as the aforementioned intelligence. He also can have sensory processing issues, like getting overloaded by loud noises or getting flustered and emotional if an item of clothing (for example) doesn't "feel" right to him. He's 7 now and his fine motor skills are behind his peers, but his language and numeracy skills are miles ahead, to the point he can be disruptive in class as he gets bored in lessons, plus he struggles to concentrate unless it's a topic he's interested in, then he's so engrossed he struggles to do anything other than that. Still some way to go before a final confirmed diagnosis, but I don't envisage Asperger's holding him back in life as he's very charming and witty as well as smart as a whip, so hopefully the hyper / emotional edges will round off with time and make him that bit happier overall.

28 minutes ago, RH33 said:

On regards to the sensory/fine motor, has an occupational therapist assessed him for dyspraxia? Often comes in hand with others mentioned but less diagnosed. 

Not as yet, but he's been tested for balance, hearing and eyesight. Having a look at the NHS info on dyspraxia, I'm not mega concerned as though he can be a bit clumsy and isn't great at things like cutlery and shoelaces, he's perfectly good on roller skates and scooters and with a pen or pencil. I'll definitely keep an eye though and raise it at the next consultation. Thanks.