Pregnancy And Parenting

Grandson nr 3's girlfriend has been taken in a month before her time and may need a caesarean, some valve isn't working properly.

Disclaimer: This is fourth hand information from grandson nr 3 (a bad source to start with) to his mum to my wife to me.

On 13/10/2020 at 15:21, Jacksgranda said:

Grandson nr 3's girlfriend has been taken in a month before her time and may need a caesarean, some valve isn't working properly.

Disclaimer: This is fourth hand information from grandson nr 3 (a bad source to start with) to his mum to my wife to me.

Great grandchild nr 1 born last night at 9.00 pm, 5 lbs 9 ozs, baby well, parents and grandparents delighted, great grandparents over the moon, particularly Jacksgranny.

Name Children Grandchildren Name
Stewarty Mac 1 2 The Phoenix
Pollymac 1 6 heedthebaa
Skyline Drifter 2 1 Bold Rover
Napolean Dynamite 1 7 Jacksgranda
Half A Person 1 1 scottsdad
    1 Raidernation
The Chief (Hamilton Aca) 1 1 printer
Ebanda's Handyman 1 2 keithgy
Reading Saintee 2 2 supermik
Haitch 1 1 Eednud
Reina 2 1 Granny danger
nelsjfc 2 2 Romeo
MB 1 2 expatowner
G_Man1985 2 29 Total
Ceske 1    
f_c_dundee 1 Great grandchildren  
seamus 1 1 Jacksgranda
Waspie 2 1 Total
Cargen Qos 1    
Hey! Ho! Jambo! 1    
LOL @ Celtic 1    
lichtie23 3    
endieinreekie 1    
BigBadSaint 1    
Suspect Device 1    
Thundermonkey 1    
gypoarmy 1    
savagecabbage 1    
bairnPunter 1    
walter fitz gilbert 1    
Whistle Blower 1    
chico 1    
Mozza Mozza 1    
Gnash 2    
die hard doonhamer 3    
rajpelt 1    
RH33 2    
Mallo_Madrid 2    
Shuggie_Murray7 3    
bobby carlos 2    
paisley saints 1    
Adam & Lisa Cuddy 1    
greenockraver 1    
gingapar 1    
diamonds2002 2    
Adolfo Rios 1    
Swarley 2    
Tynierose 1    
Polomoney 1    
one m in Motherwell 1    
kanadia 1    
Uncle Physchosis 1    
ditots 1    
Addie 2    
CooCoothenoo 1    
baillieinleeds 1    
groaninjock 1    
Mr.Blue 1    
Gaz 3    
Fife saint 1    
madwullie 2    
11thHour 1    
MB 1    
Raithie 1    
Stagmaster 1    
pandarilla 2    
Nkomo-A-Gogo 2    
CLANCY2KTID 1    
1888bhoy67 3    
Jamie_Beatson 2    
el buitre 2    
RaithRyan 1    
The Wolf 1    
Greenlantern 1    
deadasdillinger 1    
energyzone 2    
mozam76 1    
scottsdad 1    
KiwiDB 2    
Steven Seagal* 1    
lightscamera 2    
carpetmonster 1    
Le Tout P'ti FC 1    
Bobby Skidmarks 2    
Gaz 2    
Heed 1    
We Are Elgin 2    
Nelly'78 1    
stimpy 1    
weirdcal 2    
Scary Bear 3    
milton75 1    
Dee Dee 2    
sparky88 1    
Desp 1    
8MileBU 1    
The Ginger Prince 2    
gav-ffc 1    
pub car king 2    
KnightswoodBear 3    
DarkBlue62 2    
RoversMad 1    
HMFC Mitchy 1    
Deefiant 3    
11thHour 2    
Ando 3    
Penny Lane 1    
Bambino7 2    
K.T. 1    
SlipperyP 3    
banana 2    
Sweet Pete 2    
Anonymous Spider 1    
Glen Medieros 1    
Bear in Sweden 2    
the snudge 1    
Septentrional Wasp 2    
Scotty79 1    
jmothecat 2    
mattydfc93 1    
streetwisehercules 1    
ally 2    
Adamski 2    
LoonsYouthTeam 1    
sjc 1    
Honest Saints Fan &Rugster 2    
Bairnardo 2    
Saigon Raider 2    
steelmen 1    
Ayrshire-SFC 1    
Dicko23 1    
StandFree03 1    
spacekid84 1    
19QOS19 2    
Tartantony 2    
mcintyre_gmfc 2    
Wren Road 1    
gkneill 2    
The Woolshed 2    
BigBo10 2    
Tommy Nooka 1    
placidcasual 1    
dave.j 2    
Toma_BullyWee 1    
++Ammo - Airdrie++ 1    
Dindeleux 1    
forameus 1    
Jimmy85 1    
Stuarty 1    
fanny paddery 1    
paisleysaints 1    
wellboy1991 1    
The Equalizer 1    
stumigo 1    
EH75 1    
PB1994 1    
PB 4.2 1    
pleslie99 1    
dysartrovers 3    
grumswall 1    
ShaggysBeard 2    
ICTChris 1    
throbber 1    
Disco30 1    
Inanimate Carbon Rod 1    
Wardy 1    
Neiljb 1    
K.T. 1    
Ingo ohne Flamingo 1    
MOrtonfc 1    
Aufc 2    
MP_MFC 1    
Northsea80 1    
.Stuart. 2    
FalkirkBairn93 1    
KillieCon 1    
Illgresi 1    
Busta Nut 1    
Ross. 1    
tree house tam 1    
MixuFruit 1    
Salvo Montalbano 1    
Crawford Bridge 1    
JamesP_81 1    
thistledo 1    
Total 257    

7 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Not our call,the social work set it up as it is in the Child Protection Order that she has to have an hour contact every 2 weeks supervised.The last 6 times she has cancelled.

After missing 6 that should be it, imho. How do the bairns feel about this?

11 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Congratulations@jacksgranda. If my wee boy takes as long as me to become a Dad, and the cycle repeats, I'll need to live to 105 to meet my Great Grandson. I'm damn well not doing the babysitting for it.

If that was the case for me, I'll be a great grandparent long before I retire!

Ben loves swimming,Maisie used to hate it but now is ok with it.

I think he was interested in all the other folk that were there. We went to a family session with the pool divided into 4 squares so each family had their own bit. The water wasn’t the warmest either and he was shivering when I got him out so that probably didn’t help. I’m sure he will grow to like it. Iv always made my kids get lessons so they learn how to swim. I’m not asking them to become Olympic swimmers, I just want them to be able to swim unaided in a pool.

Almost 7 weeks into pregnancy and the wife is suffering quite a bit of anxiety.

She already suffered with a bit of anxiety but pregnancy seems to have amplified it and slightly worried it's overwhelming her.

Most OTC medicines don't seem suitable for pregnant women and she's reluctant to speak to a GP prior to her first appointment with the midwife. Other than just giving her support I'm not sure what the best thing is for her. We're still 4 weeks away from the first appointment.

12 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

IMG_4881.jpg
Took the wee man swimming for the first time today. Let’s just say he wasn’t very enthusiastic about it,

Took Ryan to the thermal spa a couple of weeks ago. Initial reaction was one of confusion, then he went absolutely fucking mental, in a very good way. Will definitely be getting ham back there soon.

Took Ryan to the thermal spa a couple of weeks ago. Initial reaction was one of confusion, then he went absolutely fucking mental, in a very good way. Will definitely be getting ham back there soon.

Hopefully going to take him again this week. I’m sure he will get use to it eventually.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

It's a delicatessen, too? You Swiss...

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Almost 7 weeks into pregnancy and the wife is suffering quite a bit of anxiety.

She already suffered with a bit of anxiety but pregnancy seems to have amplified it and slightly worried it's overwhelming her.

Most OTC medicines don't seem suitable for pregnant women and she's reluctant to speak to a GP prior to her first appointment with the midwife. Other than just giving her support I'm not sure what the best thing is for her. We're still 4 weeks away from the first appointment.

Anxiety is awful. I was more anxious than the missus in the last few months of pregnancy. If medicines aren't possible, I'd enquire about cognitive behavioural therapy at the GP. In fact, I'd ask about this anyway and would highly recommend alternatives to medication.  

In the mean time, try Calm App or Headspace. I've posted before on another thread about anxiety related podcasts, I listen to Niall Breslin and Michael Harding a lot. It helped me massively. Might sound a bit different... But Buddhist meditation podcasts are great as well. 

23 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Anxiety is awful. I was more anxious than the missus in the last few months of pregnancy. If medicines aren't possible, I'd enquire about cognitive behavioural therapy at the GP. In fact, I'd ask about this anyway and would highly recommend alternatives to medication.  

In the mean time, try Calm App or Headspace. I've posted before on another thread about anxiety related podcasts, I listen to Niall Breslin and Michael Harding a lot. It helped me massively. Might sound a bit different... But Buddhist meditation podcasts are great as well. 

Cheers. I will put her onto Calm etc. I've tried them before but not really for me as I just can't focus on it. She might have better luck.

I'm hoping she'll speak to GP but not sure, I think at the moment she feels like she's going to feel this way for 9 months and it scares her.

Pregnancy, especially the early part must be the worst thing imaginable for a woman, in terms of being completely out of control. Something you want and feel so attached to yet can be taken away so easily and for no reason that you can ever be told. Once the 12 week scan comes hopefully her mind will be put at ease a bit. I think once they see the baby and once they are being seen by health professionals it helps make the whole thing both seem real, and also seem that they are being looked after. From test to 12 weeks, you are very much on your own.

Cheers. I will put her onto Calm etc. I've tried them before but not really for me as I just can't focus on it. She might have better luck.
I'm hoping she'll speak to GP but not sure, I think at the moment she feels like she's going to feel this way for 9 months and it scares her.