Pregnancy And Parenting

On 05/09/2020 at 20:58, Ross. said:

The next 9 or so weeks will pass in no time, and the labour will be a piece of piss, at least for one of you... 

I actually slept through most of it. Drove her to the hospital at 4am, had to wait in the car for a couple of hours while they confirmed she was far enough into labour that they were going to keep her in, sat about until mid afternoon in the room beside her with not much happening, then woke up at the business end of things about 5 minutes before he popped out.

Still a serious risk of violence when I joke about it clearly not being that bad if the noise wasn’t enough to waken me.

Jammy b*****d, I think I managed a 5 minute sleep the whole time I was there. The midwives did however bring me sandwiches and biscuits on a regular basis.  

4 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Wee man is 2 tomorrow! He's come a long way. Still not speaking yet but making lots of noises and understands everything so I am sure the words will come. He's a right wee menace. 😅

20200907_173344.jpg

awesome!

Boys tend talk a bit later. Mine didn’t say much before he was three.

He looks really well, I think toddlers sometimes start talking in a flash - ours didn’t say a whole lot until he was about 20months and then just exploded with chatted, now he repeats everything and chats away all the time.

Saw this tweet getting a lot of attention, I think comparing “anti childism” to racism is a reach and overstatement but I do find people who really *hate* children pretty weird. Maybe, like a lot of this stuff it’s all a bit “extremely online” but I have encountered people with horrible attitudes to children in public.

Oldest 11th birthday yesterday. Got him his presents and handed them to him. He just came out and said "yeah I dont like these, can we go to shops and buy different ones ", the misses took it quite hard. Now he usually has quite some outbursts but this was a peach. However on the same day he managed to get his shoe laces tied properly so was chuffed with that. 

We are off to farm later on as he quites like tractors 🚜  :-).

I tend to hate the parents who let their children run wild at inappropriate times. 
Aye same. There are lots of little b*****d kids in our society but when I see them there is a lot of pity given they probably have a shit home life. It's not to excuse their behaviour but children are there to be taught. A lot of the time they have no chance when you see the state of some 'parents'. Ones you mention above are a good example.

19 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Wee man is 2 tomorrow! He's come a long way. Still not speaking yet but making lots of noises and understands everything so I am sure the words will come. He's a right wee menace. 😅

20200907_173344.jpg

That's amazing! Wee man looks brilliant 👏👏 Hopefully the chat will be here soon 👍

Some nutter on social media has apparently sparked a debate (which is quite worrying if folk agree with the point) by saying tickling is child abuse. I'll soon be hauled off to prison. Any other PnBers abuse their children?

Fuckwit.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So the wife pee'd on a stick on Saturday and seems life may change a bit for me in the next year.....

Any advice for someone who knows absolutely nothing about all this? Run?

Sleep. As much as you can, whilst you still can.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
47 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:
So the wife pee'd on a stick on Saturday and seems life may change a bit for me in the next year.....
Any advice for someone who knows absolutely nothing about all this? Run?

Dont sweat it m9. It's an absolute breeze

Thanks mate.

I was always of the opinion that my mates that had been through it were being whiny wee bitches about it so good of you to confirm my suspicions.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Thanks mate.

I was always of the opinion that my mates that had been through it were being whiny wee bitches about it so good of you to confirm my suspicions.

Seriously though, a lot of things about it seem like the end of the world as you know it, beginning with undoing night feeds etc, but see while you are busy worrying about how to fix this or fix that, the wean is busy changing and sorting their own shit out. Not sweating it is genuine advice. 

And use this thread. It's good. Lot of knowledge on here. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seriously though, a lot of things about it seem like the end of the world as you know it, beginning with undoing night feeds etc, but see while you are busy worrying about how to fix this or fix that, the wean is busy changing and sorting their own shit out. Not sweating it is genuine advice. 

And use this thread. It's good. Lot of knowledge on here. 

Thanks, I am actually surprisingly relaxed. It is something we were trying for, only surprise is that it's happened so soon. Still feels a little surreal at this point.

Will have a scan through the thread, P&B has it's uses when you get into the threads about proper stuff!