Pregnancy And Parenting

Aren't you supposed to avoid giving kids bonjela?
No idea tbh. When I was last in the chemist discussing teething I mentioned Bonjela and they never advised against it. We used it with the eldest and had no issues. Though she is a bit of a nutter. That could explain it right enough.

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

I am more than happy for them to not see her.

But you said not asked for her. I took that to mean not mentioned her.  That could be for a lot of reasons. I would want to make sure they knew it was ok to ask about her as it might help avoid problems in the future.

8 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

But you said not asked for her. I took that to mean not mentioned her.  That could be for a lot of reasons. I would want to make sure they knew it was ok to ask about her as it might help avoid problems in the future.

I would never bad mouth her to the kids but they are too young to understand if it is right or wrong to ask for her.

The two year old grandson  (nearly 3) hurt his finger yesterday, started crying, lips turned blue, held his breath and passed out again. It takes so much out of him he slept for 2 hours after, I could have slept with him as it paggers me out also 
That actually sounds terrifying

19 hours ago, Doctor said:
On 17/07/2020 at 15:58, heedthebaa said:
The two year old grandson  (nearly 3) hurt his finger yesterday, started crying, lips turned blue, held his breath and passed out again. It takes so much out of him he slept for 2 hours after, I could have slept with him as it paggers me out also 

That actually sounds terrifying

It apparently doesn’t harm them, though terrifying to witness none the less

Aye apparently so. My youngest nephew would sometimes do that so I had a look into it and from what I read, passing out is basically a body defense mechanism.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
15 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Aye apparently so. My youngest nephew would sometimes do that so I had a look into it and from what I read, passing out is basically a body defense mechanism.

I remember his dad used to do it, back then I used to throw him to his mum and run. 

26a7af37-75a4-445f-88d4-a4f46c780034.jpg
17 weeks old today. And I know Im biased but he really is a brilliant little boy. Always so content and smiley. Eats and sleeps well. He really isn’t any issue at all. When you hear some of the horror stories about other bairns who are always crying and up most of the night it makes me feel incredibly lucky to have him as he is.

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

26a7af37-75a4-445f-88d4-a4f46c780034.jpg
17 weeks old today. And I know Im biased but he really is a brilliant little boy. Always so content and smiley. Eats and sleeps well. He really isn’t any issue at all. When you hear some of the horror stories about other bairns who are always crying and up most of the night it makes me feel incredibly lucky to have him as he is.

He’s just making sure he isn’t an only child!

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Ha!
Too late. Already has 2 big sisters and 1 big brother

Well he could complain all he likes, no fuckers listening to him 😂 

My third was a great baby......

Having a lot of issues with my 4 year old. 

He's autistic (currently undiagnosed due to global b*****d, but it's been obvious for a while) and is going through a horrible little phase where he refuses to listen or take instruction. 

His older brothers are autistic and I'm very likely autistic too, so I know what to expect but it's very difficult. This boy is insanely clever. You can show him any flag in the world and he will tell you the country, he learned to read by himself aged 2 and was writing sentences by age 3. He remembers EVERYTHING. He's due to start nursery in a few weeks but despite being very clever he is also way behind in other areas. 

He has a fear of the toilet meaning he's still in nappies, which doesnt help when he looks like he's a good 6 years old. He knows when he needs the toilet but just won't do it other than a brief period with his granny where he seemed to progress, but it didn't stick. He also refuses to feed himself despite being more than capable of doing it. He has no chance in a mainstream school either.

You could put primary 2 work in front of him tomorrow and he would have no issues whatsoever. He has been able to do multiplication and times tables for a year now and I'm worried when he goes to school his brain won't be stimulated enough and he won't get the 1 on 1 attention he clearly needs. He's also so innocent and pure that he's a prime target to be bullied.

We feel he needs to go to a different school in order to progress where they can give him work that will stimulate him whilst being able to help him in other areas where he is severely lacking.

He is also shite at fitbaw so there goes my dream of him signing for some dross like Derby and making 30k a week, thus being good for a tap. He'll end up being something rubbish like a scientist. Selfish.

You will need to fight really hard from moment he starts nursery to get him into a school with a unit as demand outstrips supply and push to integration in mainstream.

Get the nursery inside and share all you can with them.

My son had toileting issues which look to have finally resolved, he’s a deferred yr so just into P7. No one has ever bullied him about it.

7 minutes ago, RH33 said:

You will need to fight really hard from moment he starts nursery to get him into a school with a unit as demand outstrips supply and push to integration in mainstream.

Get the nursery inside and share all you can with them.

My son had toileting issues which look to have finally resolved, he’s a deferred yr so just into P7. No one has ever bullied him about it.

Well we've only had 1 meeting with the nursery lot and they do seem very good so I'm quietly hopeful.

I'm not really referring to that for bullying though. We live in Blackhill in Glasgow and I'm no going to deny that most of the weans here are vile little fuckers. There's nothing for them to do and the parents are the type that spend any decent day swigging out the back and parties every weekend. He will be a prime target for them unless he continues to grow at the speed he is. 

If I wasn't the biggest boy in the school in primary 5 I was definitely getting bullied anaw!

3 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Well we've only had 1 meeting with the nursery lot and they do seem very good so I'm quietly hopeful.

I'm not really referring to that for bullying though. We live in Blackhill in Glasgow and I'm no going to deny that most of the weans here are vile little fuckers. There's nothing for them to do and the parents are the type that spend any decent day swigging out the back and parties every weekend. He will be a prime target for them unless he continues to grow at the speed he is. 

If I wasn't the biggest boy in the school in primary 5 I was definitely getting bullied anaw!

Sorry the bullying comment was just a comment to try reassure rather than reference to son. Mine was in school in Ferguslie until last year!

I sent you a pm too.

Had his second round of vaccinations yesterday, today was not a good day! Seems to have settled a little now and finally sleeping.

Still having issues with his skin. Having to use some cortisone cream on the backs of his knees and inside of his elbows, 3 days with that then a week off with just “normal” cream. Hoping it eventually clears up but the last month or so, after the 7 days of no cortisone it looks raw in the worst affected areas.