Pregnancy And Parenting

Went to fix a fence at my wife’s gran’s today with my four year old helper. Brother in law is coming out so is greeted with the standard “Alright Soppy nads”. After a brief conversation starting to work and my son pipes up “Where’s soppy nads going daddy?”

BB2 (age 3) woke up crying tonight cos she had a dream that BB1 was lying sleeping on the road. She then left her bedroom to seek solace from a parent, and seen BB1s onesie lying on the floor, at which point she went full P&B on a Sunday [emoji23]

My ex wife is infuriating me.

Conscious that school isn't so far away, I made a bit of an effort this week to put a wee bit more reading activities into the day, just to give the wee man that little bit more practice so he's not totally cold going back into school. We're talking adding 15/20 minutes of reading into his day, no big deal.

She's went from not even thinking about giving him a wee help like this to flapping, and she's now researching private tuition for him.

He's just entering P3, it's really not that big a deal that he's a touch rusty.

She was always irritating and ever willing to chuck mlney she didn't have at small problems. Grr.

Have decided kids are going back to nursery. Wee man starts on Monday and big sister on the 12th August. I'm going to be doing more hours at work soon (from home), Ruggy is in and out the office more and my mum is about to start the process of moving up here. 

RIP to a bug free household. Never been as healthy before.

Nervous as f**k about it but it's gotta be done.

Wee man started teething in the last 10 days or so, barely 3 and a half months old. Anyone know the t’s and c’s of the return policy?
We've had it lucky when it comes to teething. We just use bonjela and more so Arson's and Parson's powder satchets. I dunno if they will have them in Switzerland(?) but worth looking online if not.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Ross. said:
Wee man started teething in the last 10 days or so, barely 3 and a half months old. Anyone know the t’s and c’s of the return policy?

We've had it lucky when it comes to teething. We just use bonjela and more so Arson's and Parson's powder satchets. I dunno if they will have them in Switzerland(?) but worth looking online if not.

Ashton and Parson's you mean....

3 hours ago, keithgy said:

Ben starts school next thursday and Maisie is back to nursery on the wednesday,we have a big decision to make on the kids names as they both have different surnames.

I’d probably keep them as Ben and Maisie, they’ll be used to those by now mate. 

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 hours ago, Ross. said:

We have something called "Osa" which is pretty much the same thing. Trying not to use it too often so far. Aside from the teething, I'm finding it pretty astonishing how he develops. You always assume that changes are gradual, but it seems to be leaps. At the same time as the teething started he seems to have become much more aware of what is going on around him and far more engaging also.

17 hours ago, Ross. said:

17 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 hours ago, Ross. said:

Mine is the same was told she could be teething last month and it could be months before a tooth even shows. Chews everything and is often uncomfortable. 
Wee shame.

11 hours ago, keithgy said:

It is now 6 months since Ben and Maisie have seen their mother,they have not asked for her once.

Do you see that as a good or a bad thing? I'm sure they're well cared for, but might they be picking up signals from you and suppressing?

It might be worth having an age appropriate conversation.