Pregnancy And Parenting

3 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Been using ours near two years now. Outbreaks are at a low. We noticed a difference within a day or two.
We also use fragrance free child's farm cream and bath crap

I think my missus will be quite happy that we will need to try the likes of that. Since falling pregnant she has started turning a bit more eco friendly in general.

Need some help... Oldest daughter is 5 now. Have always let them do everything at their own pace, it has worked well for us. However, she always shouts for help wiping her arse after a shite. I need to nail this before school starts in 2 months.

Tips?

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Need some help... Oldest daughter is 5 now. Have always let them do everything at their own pace, it has worked well for us. However, she always shouts for help wiping her arse after a shite. I need to nail this before school starts in 2 months.

Tips?

Too wee, you definitely need toilet roll.

Some sort of reward scheme, with stars for every time she cleans her own bum by herself, "x" amount of stars = treat?

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

Too wee, you definitely need toilet roll.
Some sort of reward scheme, with stars for every time she cleans her own bum by herself, "x" amount of stars = treat?
It's not that she doesnt want to. She probably doesnt need incentive. More just how to tackle it. Last thing I want is her confidence bashed at school or the pish took out her.

It's not that she doesnt want to. She probably doesnt need incentive. More just how to tackle it. Last thing I want is her confidence bashed at school or the pish took out her.
Flushable wet wipes are how we got our 5 year old to do it right.
Though he went through them by the pack to begin with

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I pray for the Scottish Water employees unclogging shitey wet wipe choked drains everywhere.

I did say the flushable wipes not the regular ones...

I don’t blame you. Nobody takes advice anymore. Bash on.
https://www.scottishwater.co.uk/en/about us/news and views/300320 3ps reminder

Ah, see I don't get Scottish water so would not have seen that. Plus it mentions wipes in general not saying anything about the ones designed to be flushable.

Weirdly can't see anything about this on the Irish water website. But we have never had an issue with them.

3 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Ah, see I don't get Scottish water so would not have seen that. Plus it mentions wipes in general not saying anything about the ones designed to be flushable.

Weirdly can't see anything about this on the Irish water website. But we have never had an issue with them.

I just assumed you were winding me up. 

Maybe Scottish Water’s next advertising campaign will be the ‘3 Ps...oh, and flushable wipes. They’ll just admit defeat and get used to unclogging sewers a bit more regularly to get rid of flushable wipes.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I just assumed you were winding me up. 

Maybe Scottish Water’s next advertising campaign will be the ‘3 Ps...oh, and flushable wipes. They’ll just admit defeat and get used to unclogging sewers a bit more regularly to get rid of flushable wipes.

Ah no, its grand mate. I understand the concern as nobody wants to be racing a shite down the road from an overflowing blocked drain. 

I just wasn't aware Scottish water has that there especially when you do get ones that are advertised as flushable ( ie you may get a brown finger if overzealous wiping as they are alot thinner than normal wipes)

Stewarty Mac 1
Pollymac 1
Skyline Drifter 2
Napolean Dynamite 1
Half A Person 1

The Chief (Hamilton Aca) 1
Ebanda's Handyman 1
Reading Saintee 2
Haitch 1
Reina 2
nelsjfc 2
MB 1
G_Man1985 2
Ceske 1
f_c_dundee 1
seamus 1
Waspie 2
Cargen Qos 1
Hey! Ho! Jambo! 1
LOL @ Celtic 1
lichtie23 3
endieinreekie 1
BigBadSaint 1
Suspect Device 1
Thundermonkey 1
gypoarmy 1
savagecabbage 1
bairnPunter 1
walter fitz gilbert 1
Whistle Blower 1
chico 1
Mozza Mozza 1
Gnash 2
die hard doonhamer 3
rajpelt 1
RH33 2
Mallo_Madrid 2
Shuggie_Murray7 3
bobby carlos 2
paisley saints 1
Adam & Lisa Cuddy 1
greenockraver 1
gingapar 1
diamonds2002 2
Adolfo Rios 1
Swarley 2
Tynierose 1
Polomoney 1
one m in Motherwell 1
kanadia 1
Uncle Physchosis 1
ditots 1
Addie 2
CooCoothenoo 1
baillieinleeds 1
groaninjock 1
Mr.Blue 1
Gaz 3
Fife saint 1
madwullie 2
11thHour 1
MB 1
Raithie 1
Stagmaster 1
pandarilla 2
Nkomo-A-Gogo 2
CLANCY2KTID 1
1888bhoy67 3
Jamie_Beatson 2
el buitre 2
RaithRyan 1
The Wolf 1
Greenlantern 1
deadasdillinger 1
energyzone 2
mozam76 1
scottsdad 1
KiwiDB 2
Steven Seagal* 1
lightscamera 2
carpetmonster 1
Le Tout P'ti FC 1
Bobby Skidmarks 2
Gaz 2
Heed 1
We Are Elgin 2
Nelly'78 1
stimpy 1
weirdcal 2
Scary Bear 3
milton75 1
Dee Dee 2
sparky88 1
Desp 1
8MileBU 1
The Ginger Prince 2
gav-ffc 1
pub car king 2
KnightswoodBear 3
DarkBlue62 2
RoversMad 1
HMFC Mitchy 1
Deefiant 3
11thHour 2
Ando 3
Penny Lane 1
Bambino7 2
K.T. 1
SlipperyP 3
banana 2
Sweet Pete 2
Anonymous Spider 1
Glen Medieros 1
Bear in Sweden 2
the snudge 1
Septentrional Wasp 2
Scotty79 1
jmothecat 2
mattydfc93 1
streetwisehercules 1
ally 2
Adamski 2
LoonsYouthTeam 1
sjc 1
Honest Saints Fan &Rugster 2
Bairnardo 2
Saigon Raider 2
steelmen 1
Ayrshire-SFC 1
Dicko23 1
StandFree03 1
spacekid84 1
19QOS19 2
Tartantony 2
mcintyre_gmfc 2
Wren Road 1
gkneill 1
The Woolshed 2
BigBo10 2
Tommy Nooka 1
placidcasual 1
dave.j 2
Toma_BullyWee 1
++Ammo - Airdrie++ 1
Dindeleux 1
forameus 1
Jimmy85 1
Stuarty 1
fanny paddery 1
paisleysaints 1
wellboy1991 1
The Equalizer 1
stumigo 1
EH75 1
PB1994 1
PB 4.2 1
pleslie99 1
dysartrovers 3
grumswall 1
ShaggysBeard 2
ICTChris 1
throbber 1
Disco30 1
Inanimate Carbon Rod 1
Wardy 1
Neiljb 1
K.T. 1
Ingo ohne Flamingo 1
MOrtonfc 1
Aufc 2
MP_MFC 1
Northsea80 1
.Stuart. 2
FalkirkBairn93 1
KillieCon 1
Illgresi 1
Busta Nut 1
Ross. 1
tree house tam 1
MixuFruit 1
Salvo Montalbano 1
Total 253

Updated for @Salvo Montalbano, picked up from the Quiz thread

Tips?
We've got the opposite problem.

My youngest, 5 years old, quite often forgets to wipe, or generally just does a bad job.

We've been trying to keep an eye on him but he seems so lazy with it, like he can't wait to just get the f**k out of there. He also uses 2 individual sheets of toilet paper despite me telling him he needs a f**k-load more to properly wipe his arse.

We've had a few extreme skid marks but he just hides them away quickly and puts on a new pair, hoping noone will notice.

On the whole he's a clean pooer (so to speak) - but the problems arise when he gets the odd sticky one. His 2 sheets effort doesn't cut it - and that's if he remembers to wipe at all.

On 24/06/2020 at 13:46, weirdcal said:

We got an eco egg as my youngest is also allergic to detergent.
It does a job keeping clean and reusable and it has helped loads with his and especially the volume of washes kids clothes need
https://www.ecostore.ie/p/ecoegg---laundry-egg---720-washes/eele720

Bought one of these because of this post. Fraser has horrendous eczema so anything to help. First washing in the machine using it!

Bought one of these because of this post. Fraser has horrendous eczema so anything to help. First washing in the machine using it!
Jamie has it fairly bad, he's also a fairly large birthmark on his back and he would scratch and itch that it would bleed ( regular appointments with dermatology to keep an eye on it).
He was needing an emolument cream thing in his bath and had two different steroid creams (one to be used sparingly as it thinned his skin, the other was a bit less harsh).
Whilst we still need the steroid creams on the odd occasion it's completely decreased in occurrences since we got the egg. It definitely is working for us.

Have any of you tried cutting out dairy? My middle one had no top layer of skin her eczema was so bad. Took out dairy and she heeled up. Gets wee flair ups now and then.