Pregnancy And Parenting

Joking aside, it’s a challenge to the attainment gap as the small class number in private schools mean they’ll be able to operate as normal far sooner than others.

St. George’s are crazy small, 12-13 kids in a class. Ours has 20 but they are split up into smaller groups when it comes to maths, reading etc. The one thing we do have space and lots of it.

My bosses wife works in their kids school and there largest class by area can normally hold about 37 and a teacher at a push but with social distancing it will only have 11 and a teacher. The rest of the classes are smaller. Their daughters class has 31 kids in it so they are preparing for her to be out of school a lot.

The previous school I was at here I had 34 7th graders (S1) and 33 8th graders (S2).
It was terrible.
No idea how they’re gonna cope now, but seeing that the school only retained 3 full time teachers for distance learning yet ALL of the managers were still on f/t pay I really don’t care too much

On 06/06/2020 at 17:35, Jacksgranda said:

Okay, ladies and gentlemen, hereunder The List. (Only bairns born since the start of the thread are eligible for inclusion.) My list, my rules! 

252 children, 29 grandchildren

A few caveats: 1/ Some posters have changed their user name, so there's a possibilty of doubling up in the count.

2/ The Chief (Hamilton Aca) is a Hamilton fan, Apparently there is another The Chief. (One of them should probably change their name to The The Chief.)

3/ Steven Seagal announced his child under his "other account" so he could be doubled up in the count.

4/ Some posters didn't have the manners to announce they were pregnant, and a random post would appear "My child is 1/2/3/4 and is now sleeping through the night/walking/starting university/climbing Everest" and would never post again. Some of these may have slipped through the net.

5/ Some posts seem to have disappeared (whether through a banning or one of Div's f**k ups tidy ups I don't know), and were only picked up because somebody quoted them.

6/ Many posters appear to have left the site

7/ There have been some heartbreaking posts particularly in relation to miscarriages, to which I can relate, as can many others.

8/ There have been some heartwarming stories, particularly Keigthy (and June) raising their grandchildren full time and Alert Mongoose adopting.

9/ Honest Saints Fan and sjc's daughter (Sakura) battlling with cancer I'm sure touched us all, and heedthebaa's grandaughter Ava's progress was also catching at the heartstrings, as were all the stories of premature births..

10/ For all the chat about this thread being a haven of peace and tranquillity - which it generally is - there was a fair amount of bitching and sniping on the first 100+ pages, and some of the posts from The Kilt (under his new name) and xbl were extremely creepy, imho. However, it settled down after they stopped posting, coincidentally or otherwise.

11/ Despite their P&B reputation, Reynard and The_Kincardine were the epitome of sweetness and light when contributing to this thread.

12/ Nobody has had more than 3 children born since the start of this thread, although I'm sure there is still time for some of the threesomes to go for a clear lead. Over to you, lads.

13/ Special mention to scottsdad who appears in both the children and grandchildren list. Some boy!

13/ Slippery P is down for 3 as he adopted one, if I can remember correctly.

15/ The Phoenix came out of the starting blocks in the grandchildren stakes with 2 before the rest of us caught our breath, but was slowly reeled in by myself and heedthebaa with 7 & 6 respectively.

16/ Granny Danger has at least 2 grandchildren but I've no idea if the other one was born after the start of this thread.

17/ Raidernation also has 2, but again I'm not sure when the other one was born*

* Rn is down for two, we'll leave it at that until he corrects me. Duly corrected - one only since start of thread.

Lists below,open for corrections.

Children 

Stewarty Mac 1
Pollymac 1
Skyline Drifter 2
Napolean Dynamite 1
Half A Person 1

The Chief (Hamilton Aca) 1
Ebanda's Handyman 1
Reading Saintee 2
Haitch 1
Reina 2
nelsjfc 2
MB 1
G_Man1985 2
Ceske 1
f_c_dundee 1
seamus 1
Waspie 2
Cargen Qos 1
Hey! Ho! Jambo! 1
LOL @ Celtic 1
lichtie23 3
endieinreekie 1
BigBadSaint 1
Suspect Device 1
Thundermonkey 1
gypoarmy 1
savagecabbage 1
bairnPunter 1
walter fitz gilbert 1
Whistle Blower 1
chico 1
Mozza Mozza 1
Gnash 2
die hard doonhamer 3
rajpelt 1
RH33 2
Mallo_Madrid 2
Shuggie_Murray7 3
bobby carlos 2
paisley saints 1
Adam & Lisa Cuddy 1
greenockraver 1
gingapar 1
diamonds2002 2
Adolfo Rios 1
Swarley 2
Tynierose 1
Polomoney 1
one m in Motherwell 1
kanadia 1
Uncle Physchosis 1
ditots 1
Addie 2
CooCoothenoo 1
baillieinleeds 1
groaninjock 1
Mr.Blue 1
Gaz 3
Fife saint 1
madwullie 2
11thHour 1
MB 1
Raithie 1
Stagmaster 1
pandarilla 2
Nkomo-A-Gogo 2
CLANCY2KTID 1
1888bhoy67 3
Jamie_Beatson 2
el buitre 2
RaithRyan 1
The Wolf 1
Greenlantern 1
deadasdillinger 1
energyzone 2
mozam76 1
scottsdad 1
KiwiDB 2
Steven Seagal* 1
lightscamera 2
carpetmonster 1
Le Tout P'ti FC 1
Bobby Skidmarks 2
Gaz 2
Heed 1
We Are Elgin 2
Nelly'78 1
stimpy 1
weirdcal 2
Scary Bear 3
milton75 1
Dee Dee 2
sparky88 1
Desp 1
8MileBU 1
The Ginger Prince 2
gav-ffc 1
pub car king 2
KnightswoodBear 3
DarkBlue62 2
RoversMad 1
HMFC Mitchy 1
Deefiant 3
11thHour 2
Ando 3
Penny Lane 1
Bambino7 2
K.T. 1
SlipperyP 3
banana 2
Sweet Pete 2
Anonymous Spider 1
Glen Medieros 1
Bear in Sweden 2
the snudge 1
Septentrional Wasp 2
Scotty79 1
jmothecat 2
mattydfc93 1
streetwisehercules 1
ally 2
Adamski 2
LoonsYouthTeam 1
sjc 1
Honest Saints Fan &Rugster 2
Bairnardo 2
Saigon Raider 2
steelmen 1
Ayrshire-SFC 1
Dicko23 1
StandFree03 1
spacekid84 1
19QOS19 2
Tartantony 2
mcintyre_gmfc 2
Wren Road 1
gkneill 1
The Woolshed 2
BigBo10 2
Tommy Nooka 1
placidcasual 1
dave.j 2
Toma_BullyWee 1
++Ammo - Airdrie++ 1
Dindeleux 1
forameus 1
Jimmy85 1
Stuarty 1
fanny paddery 1
paisleysaints 1
wellboy1991 1
The Equalizer 1
stumigo 1
EH75 1
PB1994 1
PB 4.2 1
pleslie99 1
dysartrovers 3
grumswall 1
ShaggysBeard 2
ICTChris 1
throbber 1
Disco30 1
Inanimate Carbon Rod 1
Wardy 1
Neiljb 1
K.T. 1
Ingo ohne Flamingo 1
MOrtonfc 1
Aufc 2
MP_MFC 1
Northsea80 1
.Stuart. 2
FalkirkBairn93 1
KillieCon 1
Illgresi 1
Busta Nut 1
Ross. 1
tree house tam 1
MixuFruit 1

Total                                                      252
Grandchildren

2 The Phoenix
6 heedthebaa
1 Bold Rover
7 Jacksgranda
1 scottsdad
1 Raidernation
1 printer
2 keithgy
2 supermik
1 Eednud
1 Granny danger
2 Romeo

27 Total

o

28Total

Cracking list mate! I've got 2 by the way. Also Adolfo Rios, I know him - he also has 2.

On 15/06/2020 at 19:47, steelmen said:

St. George’s are crazy small, 12-13 kids in a class. Ours has 20 but they are split up into smaller groups when it comes to maths, reading etc. The one thing we do have space and lots of it.

My bosses wife works in their kids school and there largest class by area can normally hold about 37 and a teacher at a push but with social distancing it will only have 11 and a teacher. The rest of the classes are smaller. Their daughters class has 31 kids in it so they are preparing for her to be out of school a lot.

Sorry to betray my prole routes but my girl is at St George’s and she’s so fortunate in that lessons for her have in many cases been more productive than normal. Lessons over Teams, FaceTime calls with teachers etc to check on their welfare. 

I’m dreading going back into the office on Monday for that reason. Tend to nip into the other room several times a day to take him off his mum and talk gibberish for a few minutes. Makes the day a lot easier to get through!

17a6be9d-4bc8-49b0-b0af-a3cb2cb15251.thumb.jpg.258655d98d66bd7cfb6cc28adfb79621.jpg

When I feel tired and low this wee man doesn’t half cheer me up
He appears to be giving the thumbs up. But I reckon he's signalling to your own thumb, hinting to get that nail washed [emoji14]

He appears to be giving the thumbs up. But I reckon he's signalling to your own thumb, hinting to get that nail washed [emoji14]

Ha! He is in his sisters arms in that picture, il make sure she has a bath tonight

Ha! He is in his sisters arms in that picture, il make sure she has a bath tonight
Ah, that's fair enough. In this weather we can't keep our eldest's fingers clean! They were absolutely manky the other day after she decided to dig a hole in the garden like a cat.

Ah, that's fair enough. In this weather we can't keep our eldest's fingers clean! They were absolutely manky the other day after she decided to dig a hole in the garden like a cat.

The weather in Arbroath today has been gorgeous so she spent a good chunk of it out in the garden. I’m sure like you I’d much rather she was doing that and not glued to her tablet in her bedroom.

The weather in Arbroath today has been gorgeous so she spent a good chunk of it out in the garden. I’m sure like you I’d much rather she was doing that and not glued to her tablet in her bedroom.
Absolutely.

My Daughter turned 2 on Sunday, crazy how fast time goes by! Didn't get to celebrate Father's Day on Sunday so done it yesterday. Watching wee Juliana follow her big Brother around the place is so cute, you realise how lucky you are 😊. Got this cracking wee picture of them on Sunday. 

IMG_20200621_161111.thumb.jpg.df866dea8b5ae6dea63fa20e0860a154.jpg