Pregnancy And Parenting

44 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
51 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:
I made a jokey 'glad he's got 10 fingers' comment and then felt like an arsehole because the midwife gave me a look like she hears this about 20 times a day.

Not as many as "throw and extra stitch in there doc HAHAHAHAHAH"

Or - “You’re a gynaecologist but I bet you don’t deal with as many c***s as I do!” Hahahahha

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

you stole that patter off your Dad

Guilty. It was a joke obviously as there is hopefully nobody else anywhere on earth who has ever said that to a midwife/gynaecologist. 

2 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Judging by stories on here, all births are different, it's a traumatic entrance into the world! Though the experiences of Ruggys misses (sorry I can't remember her name) is absolutely nuts and it's a delight to hear how they've come through everything! 

Ha. I swear we should write a book about it all! In fact I deserve some sort of medal for pushing a baby out with a broken sternum and back with no painkillers 😂

Here we are out in the garden doing the Saints #passiton challenge. 

Saints.gif

54 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Ha. I swear we should write a book about it all! In fact I deserve some sort of medal for pushing a baby out with a broken sternum and back with no painkillers 😂

Here we are out in the garden doing the Saints #passiton challenge. 

Saints.gif

That's class! Glad to see you're all well 😊

I think my daughter has the same pink snowsuit! So cute 😁

Sure it wasnt her take on the performance of David Luiz?

Could well have been, we watched the game at a Brazilian mate's gaff so she might have been entirely perplexed as to what Leandrao had been bumming that side up for. She's more into basketball these days.

IMG_4199.jpg

Ha. I swear we should write a book about it all! In fact I deserve some sort of medal for pushing a baby out with a broken sternum and back with no painkillers [emoji23] Here we are out in the garden doing the Saints #passiton challenge. 

Saints.gif.44dfcea2ab4596d01ac9b20bc65a8e78.gif

You deserve a medal for having the wee ones in Saints gear rather than Falkirk default_cool.png 

13 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

You've obviously never met my Daughter who seems to think that sleep is overrated 😂😂

My son, from about a year old until he started nursery, was an absolute fucking nightmare.  To the point that we had professional help to try and deal with it as my ex and I were were like zombies*.  I understood, then, why sleep deprivation was used as torture.

In the first six months, though, all three of mine slept like kittens and I'm sure @Ross. will have a great time when he takes the wee man home.

27 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

My son, from about a year old until he started nursery, was an absolute fucking nightmare.  To the point that we had professional help to try and deal with it as my ex and I were were like zombies*.  I understood, then, why sleep deprivation was used as torture.

In the first six months, though, all three of mine slept like kittens and I'm sure @Ross. will have a great time when he takes the wee man home.

Honestly mate, it took my wife 90 minutes to get her to sleep tonight, 90 minutes later and she was up again and now in our bed so I look forward to randomly getting booted in the head at 4am with her big smile then in my face shouting "funny!" 🙈😂

19 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Honestly mate, it took my wife 90 minutes to get her to sleep tonight, 90 minutes later and she was up again and now in our bed so I look forward to randomly getting booted in the head at 4am with her big smile then in my face shouting "funny!" 🙈😂

I scrolled back and see she's coming up for two so it looks like you're going through a similar hell to ours.  I feel for you.  One of our tactics (out of desperation) was to buy a double bed and for each of us to to take turns at sleeping with him.  Fucks up the whole family but one of us got a night's sleep occasionally.

Now that he's 19 I, now and then, take him in a cup of tea and some toast about half an hour before he's due to get up for his work (he's on a gap year) with the 'Oh did I disturb your sleep?' look of innocence.  Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Lockdown day 924(that’s what it feels like)

Me - Julia please go brush your teeth
Julia - no, I don’t want to
Me - Julia, go brush your teeth or there will be no ipad tomorrow
Julia - do I look like a horse or a camel? As you are treating me like a horse or a camel!

Julia - storms upstairs muttering ‘I’m not a horse or a camel

Me - walks away pissing myself