Pregnancy And Parenting

Mine is currently running at full pelt from front door to back door and deliberately falling over into a pile of cushions on the floor while laughing his head off.

Your wee one will smile at you in about 3 weeks & it'll all be worth it [emoji846]
Mines are running full pelt up and down my last nerve. Less than a week in to this shit.

I hope it comes quick.
This yin won't lie down, sit, sleep unless it's in my arms.
How old? My youngest is 11wks tomorrow and for the first 3/4 weeks all she did was this. She'd then cry for the sake of it. Had the fear she had colic at one point (no chance that's what's wrong with your wee one?). She then settled and has been a lot more content (and is sleeping through the night). The last few days being the exception but she had her jags and that can upset them a bit.

Takes a bit of time for them to get into a routine I think.

I hope it comes quick.
This yin won't lie down, sit, sleep unless it's in my arms.
How old? My youngest is 11wks tomorrow and for the first 3/4 weeks all she did was this. She'd then cry for the sake of it. Had the fear she had colic at one point (no chance that's what's wrong with your wee one?). She then settled and has been a lot more content (and is sleeping through the night). The last few days being the exception but she had her jags and that can upset them a bit.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

to be fair she's only two weeks the mora.

Who else's kids still end up in your bed? Wee Juliana is now 21 months old and it's a certain by 11pm or midnight she is up and in our bed 🙈

She then at stupid o'clock in the morning likes to wake up and start slapping my face shouting Daddy Daddy! for me to wake up and she just goes Hiya! with a big smile. Can't be raging with a cute wee face like that but I do value my sleep! 

So when the wife eventually pops the bairn out (due 27th April) I’m allowed in the delivery room but I won’t be allowed on the ward if she is made to stay in. Not sure what will happen if the wee one is in the neonatal special care unit as my 1st child was for a week. The Mrs is obviously really freaked out by it all and stressing out.
Stupid fucking Chinese virus.

18 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

So when the wife eventually pops the bairn out (due 27th April) I’m allowed in the delivery room but I won’t be allowed on the ward if she is made to stay in. Not sure what will happen if the wee one is in the neonatal special care unit as my 1st child was for a week. The Mrs is obviously really freaked out by it all and stressing out.

Posted this earlier as 2nd hand info from a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully you might still be allowed to visit if they haven't tightened up the rules even more. The indications are that we should be past the peak before the 27th, so might be a slight easing off with the restrictions.

On 21/03/2020 at 11:16, welshbairn said:

My niece gave birth to her second on Thursday evening, cesarean as she had trouble the first time. Had a slight cold so they went full precautionary mode, Covid19 test, shipped into hospital and father ordered to stay home. Turned out negative and he was allowed in for the birth, had to leave shortly after, then put on strict visiting rota with other Dads. She's back home this morning, both well.

Edited by welshbairn

12 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I'm sure you could pull some strings Doc.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Stepdaughter Nr 3 has just had another wee girl - grandchild nr 16. All well, just seen a picture of her, looks slightly displeased, tbqh.

Congratulations JG, glad alls well 👌

16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Thanks. Jacksgranny and myself are quite pleased. Won't be seeing her for a wee while, I suppose.

Aye I know, we have pals last week in the same situation 

I’ve said on here before that grandparenting is the best job in the world, but this shit is different. Thank f**k for FaceTime, I’m lost without them 

^^^ This so much. FaceTime is such a poor consolation though. We’ve Facetime’d and dropped stuff off to both sets of my wee girl’s grandparents and they all look utterly tortured by having to keep us outside and unable to get their cuddles from my wee lass, my niece and nephews. It’s horrible to see.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

^^^ This so much. FaceTime is such a poor consolation though. We’ve Facetime’d and dropped stuff off to both sets of my wee girl’s grandparents and they all look utterly tortured by having to keep us outside and unable to get their cuddles from my wee lass, my niece and nephews. It’s horrible to see.

Me and the wife have made videos for Ava, reading her favourite books and singing her favourite songs. FaceTime is great but not really hitting the spot now, just need the cuddles now.