Pregnancy And Parenting

Anybody elses beloved babies turn into complete monsters once they started at nursery? f**k me man. I remember this happening with my nephew years ago; lovely toddler and then you had to constantly tell him after nursery.

My eldest started 3 weeks ago and I think I've told her to behave more in the last 3 weeks than the entire last 3 years prior.

It starts default_sad.png
As if to back up my claims: at my mums last night and she asked if she could take a wee toy thing home. I jokingly said no and chucked said toy in the wee bin. She went "Oi!" went and dug it out the bin and turned to me with a furious face and said "Don't do that. Stupid b*****d!"

Managed to tell her off when the tears from my eyes dried.

Yesterday at the residency hearing was a total letdown,the case was continued for 4 weeks as yet again our daughter never turned up.

The sheriff was asked to award residency undefended due to her none appearance but refused as he wanted tk know why she and her lawyer did not appear.

Her lawyer has dropped her due to no legal aid and no instructions.

3 hours ago, keithgy said:

Yesterday at the residency hearing was a total letdown,the case was continued for 4 weeks as yet again our daughter never turned up.

The sheriff was asked to award residency undefended due to her none appearance but refused as he wanted tk know why she and her lawyer did not appear.

Her lawyer has dropped her due to no legal aid and no instructions.

You'd have thought her (ex) lawyer would have dropped the court a note to that effect.

• 2 weeks later...

Rough few nights with the wee one, horrendously windy and I assume collicy by her actions and what they say that is.

Got infacol for her yesterday so hoping that helps as running on 3 or 4 hours of broken sleep is not good.

The Missus is at 38 weeks tomorrow. I got to say, I am getting annoyed waiting now. Waiting is shite. Her moaing about understandable things is boring. I get six weeks away from my employment and I am looking forward to being at home for a while and adjusting to my new role as a parent.

But f**k me this bit is shite.

I don't mean to sound like a p***k.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The Missus is at 38 weeks tomorrow. I got to say, I am getting annoyed waiting now. Waiting is shite. Her moaing about understandable things is boring. I get six weeks away from my employment and I am looking forward to being at home for a while and adjusting to my new role as a parent.

Don't worry mate, the complaining stops once it's born and it's all plain sailing from that point on. 

Savour the time and sleep as much as possible.

I've never gone past 38 weeks. Good luck for the next, potentially, 4 weeks Busta! 

How much harder work are boys than girls btw! Fraser is into absolutely everything, climbing into everything, trying to destroy everything. Can't leave food about near him as he'll eat it all! Never experienced this first time round 😩

12 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Don't worry mate, the complaining stops once it's born and it's all plain sailing from that point on. 

I left myself open for this to be fair.

6 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:
15 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Savour the time and sleep as much as possible.

This is true

3 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I've never gone past 38 weeks. Good luck for the next, potentially, 4 weeks Busta! 

Yeah, I know it's not gonna be plain sailing but am probably just antsy. I realised I sounded like an arse but still...

8 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

How much harder work are boys than girls btw! Fraser is into absolutely everything, climbing into everything, trying to destroy everything. Can't leave food about near him as he'll eat it all! Never experienced this first time round 😩

I think it's second child rather than being boy v girl. Alice has always been much harder work for us than Josh. She's 6 now and it's still the case.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

6 weeks to the day for her due date. In the last 3 weeks we've moved house, I've had my driving test, and I've been working earlier starts than usual which is absolutely killing me. Fair to say I'm hoping the wee man holds out until the 40th week just so I get a chance to recover before it all goes south!

One mine chose to come at 37 weeks

next one induced at 40

Third one evicted for bad behaviour at 37 ish weeks.

My youngest is the hardest but we are very alike so we clash. She was the easiest baby.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

My mum always said the opposite - boys were easier than girls. And my boy was certainly easier than the wee Hitler who runs our house.

It's maybe mums and daughters winding each other up? My daughter and me have always got on well and never had a cross word but with her and the Mrs it's a different story. 

On 30/01/2020 at 17:11, 19QOS19 said:

Anybody elses beloved babies turn into complete monsters once they started at nursery? f**k me man. I remember this happening with my nephew years ago; lovely toddler and then you had to constantly tell him after nursery.

My eldest started 3 weeks ago and I think I've told her to behave more in the last 3 weeks than the entire last 3 years prior.

It starts :(

We've been visiting nurseries to find the most suitable (closest with places available), I'm dreading leaving our wee one with those savages running around the place when the wife returns to work in August. 

5 hours ago, L'immortale Par said:

It's maybe mums and daughters winding each other up? My daughter and me have always got on well and never had a cross word but with her and the Mrs it's a different story. 

Same here.  I blame the mother.