Pregnancy And Parenting

Anybody elses beloved babies turn into complete monsters once they started at nursery? f**k me man. I remember this happening with my nephew years ago; lovely toddler and then you had to constantly tell him after nursery.

My eldest started 3 weeks ago and I think I've told her to behave more in the last 3 weeks than the entire last 3 years prior.

It starts :(

Been lurking about in here for a bit now. 

Our first coming (hopefully!) at the end of May. Had the 20 week scan a couple of weeks ago which was brilliant and heard the heartbeat for the first time on Wednesday at the midwife, which was magic. 

P&B is mental that for all the nonsense on here, I've found it super helpful and reassuring in this thread, so hiya, thanks.

Anybody elses beloved babies turn into complete monsters once they started at nursery? f**k me man. I remember this happening with my nephew years ago; lovely toddler and then you had to constantly tell him after nursery.

My eldest started 3 weeks ago and I think I've told her to behave more in the last 3 weeks than the entire last 3 years prior.

It starts default_sad.png
They turn into thundercunts. My 5 year old has been woeful since nursery and starting primary (called junior infants here... Wtf) holidays and weekends he's back to normal but school days are just painful. It's like they are on best behaviour there and let it all out at home.
The 18 month old however is actually insane. If he's not trying some elaborate plot to end up in a morgue or a and e he's actively trying to send me or the wife there .
Yesterday he climbed into the highchair and asked for yum yums. All on his own.
He's also managed to take out the stairgate and burst the childproof locks on the cupboards.
Think we got a false sense of security with the eldest tbh

Our son has been pretty fine since starting nursery. He usually has a shorter nap when he’s there so on the days he’s in he’s knackered at night but his behaviour the rest of the week (we only have him in Monday’s and Tuesdays) hasn’t suffered.

He’s started getting a bit more tantrum prone the last wee while though, I think that’s just his age, turns two this month.

On 29/01/2020 at 19:36, Rugster said:

We were really fucking lucky with teething. No real issues. Catherine in particular didn't even notice any difference. Fraser gets a scabby chin from time to time as more come in but not really any screaming or up all night. Well he is, but not with teething. Just cause he's a fucking moon man.

We were the same with Sakura. She just gets on with it to be honest. She might have the odd day when unwell where she's clingy but they're rare thankfully. Her inquisitive mind ain't got time for that shit! I can barely keep up with her!

Well another month and another court hearing,we have Falkirk Sheriff Court for the main residency hearing on Wednesday.Our daughter never showed up to see the kids last week with no call to the social work to explain why either.

She has also been dropped by her lawyer due to no legal aid or instructions to him,roll on this time next week when we will be on a plane to Fuerteventura.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

My wee boy does this with anything vaguely phone shaped, it's very cute. We don't even speak on the phone that much, but it's obviously made an impression.

Och her mother, granny and big sister are never off their's.

Youngest grandaughter dootling around the living room with a TV remote pressed to her ear, pretending it's a mobile phone...

My wee boy does this with anything vaguely phone shaped, it's very cute. We don't even speak on the phone that much, but it's obviously made an impression.
My 3 year old also picks up the remote but she doesn't use it as a phone she turns the tv off with it and finds it hilarious. It's definitely not cute!

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

My 3 year old also picks up the remote but she doesn't use it as a phone she turns the tv off with it and finds it hilarious. It's definitely not cute!

This remote doesn't work. Don't ask.

After being told by her granny that she wouldn't be able to take off her pants while still wearing her trousers our 4 year old granddaughter proceeded to do just that. Grandchildren - bloody hell.

NB: Naked little girls are not encouraged, particularly in the living room.

After being told by her granny that she wouldn't be able to take off her pants while still wearing her trousers our 4 year old granddaughter proceeded to do just that. Grandchildren - bloody hell.
My youngest (2) thinks it's both hilarious and neccessary to strip herself on a regular basis. She then refers to herself as a "naked monster".

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

My youngest (2) thinks it's both hilarious and neccessary to strip herself on a regular basis. She then refers to herself as a "naked monster".

Oh, I'm not saying it doesn't happen but we try to discourage it.

My wee lassie is hilarious after she comes out the bath, she throws the towel off and starts dancing about the livingroom. Then when you try to get a nappy on her she starts running about the place, they obviously like the freedom too much! 

She's in a hilarious way just now, sings and dances to everything right now. She has a love for German Schlager music which originally was to aid us in bringing her up to be bilingual (it's working a treat by the way!). She's been mentioned before but Beatrice Egli is a favourite of hers and mines! If you want to know why, have a watch of this 

Masha and the Bear is the best toddler TV. Discuss.
I haven't seen too much of it. I can however confirm that Netflix is riddled with utter pish, Chip and Potato being the latest that I am subjected to. Dreadful.

Are you suggesting Ben and Holly are dethroned?

I've got the wee one watching old episodes of Pingu, she loves it and if she's not watching it she's singing the pingu tune (the old one, not the stupid new one). 

Anyone else's kids watch that Bounce Patrol on YouTube? Bunch of ozzies singing kids songs, to be fair to them they're really good, juliana loves them