Pregnancy And Parenting

25 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Is she a grumpy hormonal b*****d like my wife?

Sometimes. She is ok in general but then decides she's forgotten things she's agreed to and goes off on one.

That her had her additional scan and everything is fine. So final countdown for us now. she is 33 weeks
Think she was kinda hoping for a "planned section" so she had a plan in place. Now it's just a case of see when it happens.
Ah she is getting to the cannot be arsed being pregnant stage.
The complaints about being pregnant and you are getting to get grief.

Our first was an emergency section, that's fun for you. Second was a planned one that was dull, she was on a fast from 10pm and it was 4pm before she went in for it.

That her had her additional scan and everything is fine. So final countdown for us now. she is 33 weeks
Think she was kinda hoping for a "planned section" so she had a plan in place. Now it's just a case of see when it happens.
Make sure you've got a f**k ton of snacks and stuff packed for the two of you. 3 fucking days I was in.

Just now, MP_MFC said:
3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Make sure you've got a f**k ton of snacks and stuff packed for the two of you. 3 fucking days I was in.

FFS

Was it a risky* birth or complications afterwards? We went up on the Wed night with her experiencing pains. She was 3cm dilated and we were sent home. We went in a couple of days later and she was was 7/8cm dilated. We got kept overnight but only because they asked if we wanted to stay. I thought it was in for as least time possible.

*For want of a better word.

First I went in on the Friday morning as my waters went and I was 36 and 6. Had him Sat lunchtime. His blood sugars were low so we were in until the Monday.

Second I was induced at 40 weeks, started at 9am ish, born mid afternoon home next day.

Third emergency induction late on a Friday night born early hours Saturday Then all hell broke loose, retained placenta, huge blood loss, once they were yelling for consultants be called at home I suggested a general rather than spinal!  I woke up about 11am  and was in recovery until the Sunday night as any blood loss and I was going straight back in for full hysterectomy 🙈 Home on the Tuesday. 

8 hours ago, RH33 said:

First I went in on the Friday morning as my waters went and I was 36 and 6. Had him Sat lunchtime. His blood sugars were low so we were in until the Monday.

Second I was induced at 40 weeks, started at 9am ish, born mid afternoon home next day.

Third emergency induction late on a Friday night born early hours Saturday Then all hell broke loose, retained placenta, huge blood loss, once they were yelling for consultants be called at home I suggested a general rather than spinal!  I woke up about 11am  and was in recovery until the Sunday night as any blood loss and I was going straight back in for full hysterectomy 🙈 Home on the Tuesday. 

I think that covers all bases...

Was it a risky* birth or complications afterwards? We went up on the Wed night with her experiencing pains. She was 3cm dilated and we were sent home. We went in a couple of days later and she was was 7/8cm dilated. We got kept overnight but only because they asked if we wanted to stay. I thought it was in for as least time possible.

*For want of a better word.
We had a midwife appt on the Friday where her BP and heart rate were up so she was shipped up to triage and we were in from midday til 10pm, as the baby was measuring big they decided to induce on Sunday at 11am so were in then and had to go through every stage of the induction as she didn't get moving until she was hooked up the drip, the baby was finally born on the Tuesday afternoon, got out on the Wednesday night.

Should also echo what mixu said, Busta, the reception in the majority of the rooms in the maternity in Wishaw is non existent and the WiFi patchy so bear that in mind if you're planning on watching or listening to stuff, I spent most of my first few days playing FM on the laptop.

On 15/01/2020 at 18:46, Busta Nut said:

Are there any further scans for you after that one? She had a 29 week scan on Wednesday. Everything looking as it should but from this point through they want fortnightly scans until it arrives, which is supposedly standard here.

Edited by Ross.

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

Are there any further scans for you after that one? She had a 29 week scan on Wednesday. Everything looking as it should but from this point through they want fortnightly scans until it arrives, which is supposedly standard here.

No, in Scotland you only get a 12 week and a 20 week scan. Her placenta was sitting low on the 20 week effort so she had to get a scan at 31/32 weeks to check it all worked it's self right.
So with it all fine she has midwife appointments and such over the next few weeks but unless your high risk I think that's yer whack.

Sounds as though Switzerland medical care is dynamite and they put in more effort.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

No, in Scotland you only get a 12 week and a 20 week scan. Her placenta was sitting low on the 20 week effort so she had to get a scan at 31/32 weeks to check it all worked it's self right.
So with it all fine she has midwife appointments and such over the next few weeks but unless your high risk I think that's yer whack.

Sounds as though Switzerland medical care is dynamite and they put in more effort.

Spend per capita is far higher here. By f**k you pay for it though. Had to add something onto her health insurance to cover the pregnancy related costs. Think that cost us around 800 quid. A single scan on it's own was the bones of 200 though so it's worth it over all. Got an appointment with a midwife in around 3 weeks time, 4/5 hour Saturday effort which is basically an anti-natal course or whatever the f**k you call them. I think that is another £400, separate to what the insurance covers :blink:

Think I have one of them soon anaw
One of them is half useful, the physio one, the other one is utterly pointless as it's basically them reading out the pages from the NHS website and showing you how big her hole will be.

One of them is half useful, the physio one, the other one is utterly pointless as it's basically them reading out the pages from the NHS website and showing you how big her hole will be.
Both my boys came out the sun roof so the last bit has been thankfully unaffected.
NHS and hse cases so not a bean paid. All covered by relative health services.
Any afters dealt with for free. Although over here they are absolutely desperate to send kids to physio or other therapies.
Our youngest, now 18 months, was referred to physio for not lifting his head right at just shy of a year. Appointment not come through but the wee bugger now grabs kitchen chairs to move to counter under the treat cupboard and climbs to raid the treat cupboard..
I get the feeling he'd pass physio no bother

I think I will pack the Laptop

Thank goodness for my laptop!

Got to work at 9am, arse just touching the seat and she called water broke. Came home picked her up and off to hospital. Barely dilated and they were about to send us home but the wee one had poo’d in there so she was getting induced. Got to ward about 2pm and by midnight the wife was struggling. Got her epidural and promptly fell asleep. I’m sitting their bored got the laptop out and thankfully the hospital had free WiFi and the BBC website had Monday night football on, even luckier it was broncos v chargers... nearly put it off as we went 24-0 down until the manning revival meant we came back to win 35-24.

Wife woke up 9am, I dived home for a shower and the wee one popped out at 6:30pm the next day and was in hospital for a week due to the breast feeding pressure shite!