Pregnancy And Parenting

2 minutes ago, steelmen said:

1,000,000 times this. Porridge oats worked perfectly!!!

Always look on the bright side, itchy for a week or two but will never remember it.

Julia was 2 when she caught it and remembers nothing!

She's thankfully not really itchy but occasionally she gets annoyed and goes for her face which is probably why it ended up infected. 

She's still in good spirits but we're really not looking forward to her sleeping tonight, or attempting to I should say 🙈. She slept for 2 1/2 hours this afternoon no problem so will soon find out. 

Julia is what my wife wanted to call our daughter, I was wanting Anna so we went half way and she's Juliana. 

12 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Took the wee one to the doctors this morning. Turns out it's Chicken Pox as its all over her body but unfortunately the spots on her face had become infected 😭. Another shite sleep was had last night as well! 

On a course of antibiotics so here's hoping it clears up quick enough. She's still singing and dancing about the livingroom so she's in good spirits, hopefully she avoids the fever part of it! 

IMG_20191211_104847.thumb.jpg.31515dac5160e49a2d85303a9c389ce6.jpg

I would get a second opinion on the chicken pox diagnosis. I am pretty sure that she has hand, foot and mouth. The blisters bursting like that is part of the natural course of the infection. Once the blisters dry out it isnt infectious anymore and she can go back to playing with other kids etc.

10 hours ago, fanny paddery said:

I would get a second opinion on the chicken pox diagnosis. I am pretty sure that she has hand, foot and mouth. The blisters bursting like that is part of the natural course of the infection. Once the blisters dry out it isnt infectious anymore and she can go back to playing with other kids etc.

She had HFMD a few months ago 🙈. Nah its definitely chicken pox, the spots she has around her legs, arms and hands are obvious chicken pox spots as they're filled with liquid. The doctor thought it was Impetigo at first until she looked at her body. 

She slept well last night albeit she slept in our bed and I slept in the spare room as the wee one likes her space a bit too much! 

Today and tomorrow are meant to be her nursery days but I've took today and tomorrow off. Hopefully she's good to go back on Monday! She's in good Happy spirits just now dancing about the livingroom so it's going as well as it can. 

One shiter is she's going to miss my Grans 100th birthday party this weekend! Can't take her into a home with that virus 😔

9 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

One shiter is she's going to miss my Grans 100th birthday party this weekend! Can't take her into a home with that virus 😔

Not so sure about that. If it's anything like the place we had to put my old man, you'd be doing most of them a favour...

12 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

She had HFMD a few months ago 🙈. Nah its definitely chicken pox, the spots she has around her legs, arms and hands are obvious chicken pox spots as they're filled with liquid. The doctor thought it was Impetigo at first until she looked at her body. 

She slept well last night albeit she slept in our bed and I slept in the spare room as the wee one likes her space a bit too much! 

Today and tomorrow are meant to be her nursery days but I've took today and tomorrow off. Hopefully she's good to go back on Monday! She's in good Happy spirits just now dancing about the livingroom so it's going as well as it can. 

Once the spots are crusted over she's not infectious anymore.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Once the spots are crusted over she's not infectious anymore.

Aye that's what I thought, the ones around her body haven't crusted yet but I'm hoping as she's been given antibiotics it'll speed the recovery up. She was only given them because of the infected ones on her face. 

Honestly, kids like to keep you on your toes 🙈. They are however the best fun 😊

When my son was a baby he went to a private nursery when my wife went back to work. He caught everything - chicken pox, foot and mouth, gastroentoritis, ear infections (the worst!) and more besides. 

Now 14, he hasn't had a day off school for sickness in about 5 years. When everyone else in the house gets sick, he never seems to catch anything. His immune system must be immense now. It gets better!

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

When my son was a baby he went to a private nursery when my wife went back to work. He caught everything - chicken pox, foot and mouth, gastroentoritis, ear infections (the worst!) and more besides. 

Now 14, he hasn't had a day off school for sickness in about 5 years. When everyone else in the house gets sick, he never seems to catch anything. His immune system must be immense now. It gets better!

Funny you mention that, a colleague was telling me how he had absolutely everything when he was younger but he cannot remember the last time he was ill that wasn't drink related! 

Wee Juliana is at a council nursery 2 1/2 days a week and has already had the hand foot and mouth. 

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Ahh that's a rough lesson for them to take at that age. Poor things.

That's the second dog to die in the last couple of months. (They were their mother's dogs, they were both well over 10+ years, terriers, so they were a fair age. One had to be put down, this one died in her sleep. They all trooped up the garden for their funerals. It's quite a pets graveyard up there.)

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

IMG_1709.jpg

Delighted to announce we are expecting a little boy. Another Lichtie season ticket to be purchased

Congratulations! Definitely a rewarding experience having your son at the football with you on a Saturday following your footsteps. Just get as much sleep as you can between now and the birth day! 

Congratulations! Definitely a rewarding experience having your son at the football with you on a Saturday following your footsteps. Just get as much sleep as you can between now and the birth day! 

Thank you mate. My son comes to games occasionally as it stands, he lives with his mum so it makes it a bit more difficult to get him. Don’t plan on splitting with this ones mum and she comes to games anyway, even got a season ticket

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Thank you mate. My son comes to games occasionally as it stands, he lives with his mum so it makes it a bit more difficult to get him. Don’t plan on splitting with this ones mum and she comes to games anyway, even got a season ticket

Aye I'm in the same boat as you, my son also lives with his mum but he's 12 now and decides what he wants to do so he's at the game most weeks with me.