Pregnancy And Parenting

First night that ours has slept through - 10ish til half 5.

Bit of a proud moment before she then roared the place down after getting fed, burped and changed. Turns out she just needed a monster fart and is now back sound asleep - we've all been there.

5 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

All you boys planning to be cut like you're on a bodybuilding stage for your wean sound awfy weird.

I'm still going to the gym but I have fully embraced dad bod.

I've put on about 4kg since she fell pregnant. I have a decent enough build but was nothing like "Cut" and do not plan on being so. I just don't want to look like a fat c**t in the pictures.

M9 your missus is going to look like she's been fired out a howitzer and you're worried about how YOU'LL look? Just smile at the wee miracle in your arms and forget the rest.
As far as descriptions go, of a situation thats as impossible to describe as I can imagine, being fire out of a howitzer has to be up there.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

M9 your missus is going to look like she's been fired out a howitzer and you're worried about how YOU'LL look? Just smile at the wee miracle in your arms and forget the rest.

Surely in these circumstances she IS the Howitzer?..

My plan is to take her instant camera in and get a photo or two with that. She has a load of albums with thousands of pictures taken over the last 7 or so years(Or whatever time has passed since I bought it for her) and they will all end up in there. The quality isn't great but I have to agree with her assertion that in some way the pictures generally look more authentic.

Everyone else can put up with seeing photos of those photos.

Edited by Ross.

At what age do they sleep through the night? Basically up every hour at night right now feeding, burping and changing. Once one is settled the other starts screaming the place down [emoji24]

Not an answer for that really. Some can take a couple of years, others will sleep after weeks/months. My first slept right off the bat (sorry) so I expect my next one to be a nightmare.

Is it formula or breastmilk?

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not an answer for that really. Some can take a couple of years, others will sleep after weeks/months. My first slept right off the bat (sorry) so I expect my next one to be a nightmare.

Is it formula or breastmilk?

Formula. Up to 5 ounces for one and 4 for the other. 

Congratulations!
Is it a thing that if you want to hold the wee one after it pops out that you have to be topless? This may sound odd but it's something I have never considered before and I have noticed in the last month or so a few folk on Facebook who were holding their newborns in a similar fashion.
Just wondering if I need to change my gym routine appropriately...

The mothers do it as it’s soothing. During their time in the womb they hear the mothers heart beat. So no top on is a comforting thing as they get the comfort of skin to skin contact, primal security instinct, and the soothing sound of the heart.

Even in the case of dads it’s a soothing and calming experience for them. Rightly so, since they were tightly packed in the womb and now out in the open, cold, big world.

My wee lassie is three and a half and sometimes asks to listen to mummy and daddy’s heart.

My wee boy slept through the night for first time Christmas Eve into Christmas Day. Was weird feeling and I still woke! He was almost exactly 12 weeks.

My girls were about the same age. Think I got lucky though. My friends wee one still isn’t a great sleeper at 7.

On another note, my wee lassie just passed her first highland dancing exam today. She’s only three and a half and she’s so happy about it. Forked out on the attire and honestly couldn’t believe how grown up she looks.

She’s now old enough to understand the magic of Christmas and getting her gifts sorted has me and the misses all excited this year.

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

The mothers do it as it’s soothing. During their time in the womb they hear the mothers heart beat. So no top on is a comforting thing as they get the comfort of skin to skin contact, primal security instinct, and the soothing sound of the heart.

Even in the case of dads it’s a soothing and calming experience for them. Rightly so, since they were tightly packed in the womb and now out in the open, cold, big world.

My wee lassie is three and a half and sometimes asks to listen to mummy and daddy’s heart.

My youngest (6) tried to listen to mine and declared she couldn’t hear it as my boob were too big! (There will be no pics)