Pregnancy And Parenting

I have a 2 year old who doesn't sleep, shes absolutely brilliant during the day, best natured wee thing but at night it's carnage. Wont stay in bed, wont go to sleep, my wife and I are at a total loss! The lack of sleep is beginning to take its toll! Anyone else had similar issues?
I have a 1 year old who hasn't slept for the full night once. We got used to him getting up when he was feeding during the night but he's getting worse now he's stopped the night feeds. Sometimes he's up near enough every hour.!

We noticed he's been scratching his head during the night so the doctor has given us piritin. Hoping this does the trick as we've tried everything else we can think of.

He's also brilliant during the day and shows no effects of his poor sleep. He hardly even naps.

Aye, we've tried the detergents and all manner of different soaps, shampoos etc.
Look at the eco egg. Our youngest has allergies and this helped loads

I have a 1 year old who hasn't slept for the full night once. We got used to him getting up when he was feeding during the night but he's getting worse now he's stopped the night feeds. Sometimes he's up near enough every hour.!

We noticed he's been scratching his head during the night so the doctor has given us piritin. Hoping this does the trick as we've tried everything else we can think of.

He's also brilliant during the day and shows no effects of his poor sleep. He hardly even naps.
Yeah this sounds exactly like us. Its murder. It also makes asking others to watch her difficult as u feel guilty if you know they well be up all night! Hopefully you get a night's sleep soon.

Yeah this sounds exactly like us. Its murder. It also makes asking others to watch her difficult as u feel guilty if you know they well be up all night! Hopefully you get a night's sleep soon.
He's had one night away, but it was with family and they knew what to expect. We don't want to do it again, as you say it makes you feel guilty.

I have a 2 year old who doesn't sleep, shes absolutely brilliant during the day, best natured wee thing but at night it's carnage. Wont stay in bed, wont go to sleep, my wife and I are at a total loss! The lack of sleep is beginning to take its toll! Anyone else had similar issues?
My oldest son (he's 22 now) was an awful sleeper, when he went into a big bed I would sit in our bedroom and just wait. He'd get up and come through and I'd just turn him about and put him back, no interaction at all, not even a "right, back to bed"
This went on for a good two weeks until he got the message and stayed put.

20 hours ago, Gaz said:

Baby number three arrived safe and well yesterday morning. Welcome to the world, Saria!

20191202_102157.thumb.jpg.4f9e02d57fd69ef0d8e71c85a1205e07.jpg

Congratulations!

Is it a thing that if you want to hold the wee one after it pops out that you have to be topless? This may sound odd but it's something I have never considered before and I have noticed in the last month or so a few folk on Facebook who were holding their newborns in a similar fashion.

Just wondering if I need to change my gym routine appropriately...

12 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Congratulations!

Is it a thing that if you want to hold the wee one after it pops out that you have to be topless? This may sound odd but it's something I have never considered before and I have noticed in the last month or so a few folk on Facebook who were holding their newborns in a similar fashion.

Just wondering if I need to change my gym routine appropriately...

It's skin to skin. Doesn't have to be that way though, but it helps the bonding and the baby feeling your heartbeat etc. For our first she was an emergency section so I was dolled up in scrubs and didn't take them off so didn't have skin to skin just held her normally. For the second he was whipped away to SCBU so didn't have it either. Normally when the baby is born naturally the just plop it straight onto the maw's tummy.

Congrats Gaz. 

15 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Skin to skin while the surgeons sew the mum back up innit.

14 minutes ago, Rugster said:

It's skin to skin. Doesn't have to be that way though, but it helps the bonding and the baby feeling your heartbeat etc. For our first she was an emergency section so I was dolled up in scrubs and didn't take them off so didn't have skin to skin just held her normally. For the second he was whipped away to SCBU so didn't have it either. Normally when the baby is born naturally the just plop it straight onto the maw's tummy.

Congrats Gaz. 

Cheers for the answers. It makes sense I guess, just something I have never really thought about until now.

Cutting back on the cakes from January and adding an extra gym session it is then.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Cheers for the answers. It makes sense I guess, just something I have never really thought about until now.

Cutting back on the cakes from January and adding an extra gym session it is then.

Forget that. If there's one thing I would tell you to do between now and then it's sleep! As much as you can!

Just now, Rugster said:

Forget that. If there's one thing I would tell you to do between now and then it's sleep! As much as you can!

Yeah, that's kind of gone already. Seems the youngster is taking after his father and is more of a night person. The missus is gubbed for a decent kip and she is making sure I suffer with her. She has spent most of the last few evenings complaining that she can't feel him moving, then it hits 10pm and there's a party happening in there. Been the same for the last week or so!