Pregnancy And Parenting

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Are you finding out?

Planning on it, yes. Neither of us is particularly bothered beyond the fact that she has some kind of instinctive feeling that it will be a girl, and I automatically said "Bet you 10 francs it's a boy".

Planning on it, yes. Neither of us is particularly bothered beyond the fact that she has some kind of instinctive feeling that it will be a girl, and I automatically said "Bet you 10 francs it's a boy".

If you’re not that bothered about it then don’t find out and wait until the day for the surprise. Alternatively have the outcome written on a piece of paper then stick it in an envelope and open it up on Xmas day.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

If you’re not that bothered about it then don’t find out and wait until the day for the surprise. Alternatively have the outcome written on a piece of paper then stick it in an envelope and open it up on Xmas day.

We'll be finding out mostly from a practical point of view. They are still a bit more traditional here with their view on all these newfangled "woke" thingmies and we will have to register early for things like child care and the like, and they want to know all this shit before they will consider entertaining you. Also, it means I can instantly reduce a huge % of the possible names we might give it. And anything that reduces my potential workload is good by me.

ETA: I may consider a "Gender reveal shotgun party". Anyone who wants to take part can stare down the barrel of a shotgun and I will gladly fucking end them.

Edited by Ross.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

My wee boy is about to turn 4 just before Christmas.  It's not been too long and I'm sure it'll all come back.

My third was easiest baby, once I recovered from her nearly killing me, don’t know if it was because you’re more relaxed as a parent third time round helps.

She’s a stubborn wee brat now. Soooo yeah good luck!

Dunno if it's different up the road but when my Mrs asked the radiographer(?) to do this a few weeks back* she was told they can't do that. So the woman told my mother in law and she put it in an envelope for us.

* I was in Glasgow and we wanted to find out together via video call.

Scan done, all looking good and as it should. It’s a boy, which means scrapping the dozen or so names we had as potentials. Couldn’t get a 3D picture, every time the lassie tried the wee one moved his arm over his face. Next time I expect he’ll have worked out how to give us two fingers at the same time.

On 07/11/2019 at 16:06, throbber said:

Every now and again Throbber reveals himself to be a big, soft romantic...:wub:

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

Every now and again Rhrobber reveals himself to be a big, soft romantic...:wub:

I would never have thought of that one myself, a friend of mine is doing just that this Xmas and I thought it would be quite a decent compromise between waiting and finding out on the day/finding out due to impatience 5 months before the baby is actually born.

Evie was talking about her other grandad, whom she calls papa. I'm granda and I'm "old as old" whereas papa must be a young thing (comparitively speaking).

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

My daughter was born this morning at 10:34.  8lb 13 ounces.  Her brother and sister are coming up to visit her later on.

Wife and daughter are doing great :thumsup2

Congratulations

2 minutes ago, RH33 said:

My son passing on his commiseration to yours at having two sisters!

congratulations

Jack has 3 younger sisters...

My daughter was born this morning at 10:34.  8lb 13 ounces.  Her brother and sister are coming up to visit her later on.

Wife and daughter are doing great default_thumbup2.gif

Congratulations.

Does anyone else tell classic fibs to their kids? I've been telling the youngest her ears turn purple when she lies. We also used to tell her big sister the old one about the ice cream van music meaning they'd run out of ice cream.

Congratulations.

Does anyone else tell classic fibs to their kids? I've been telling the youngest her ears turn purple when she lies. We also used to tell her big sister the old one about the ice cream van music meaning they'd run out of music.
I tell my daughter I can smell lies off her hamds. When I tell her to let me smell her hands the truth usually comes out.

They arent old enough yet for proper lies though.