Pregnancy And Parenting

14 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Anyone else enjoying the lack of adaption to the clocks going back? 

Getting woke up at 5:30 to then having to go downstairs and be subjected to BabyTV is not my idea of fun, especially on a day off 😂

My 11 yr old still rarely sleeps past 6.

goid news is he can work his Xbox 

36 minutes ago, RH33 said:

My 11 yr old still rarely sleeps past 6.

goid news is he can work his Xbox 

My son is 12 and you need to pull him out of bed, he can sleep for Scotland! 

My wee lassie though, not the best sleeper in the world but this is 3 nights in a row she has slept in her own room without getting up during the night and ending up in our bed. That usually resulted in my head getting kicked when she woke up 😂

Edited by Ingo ohne Flamingo

My wee lassie though, not the best sleeper in the world but this is 3 nights in a row she has slept in her own room without getting up during the night and ending up in our bed. That usually resulted in my head getting kicked when she woke up [emoji23]
Oh that's a bit when that kicks in. Hopefully she'll be sorted now, and only come through on occasion (as it's really quite cute as long as it's not constant).

17 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
41 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:
My wee lassie though, not the best sleeper in the world but this is 3 nights in a row she has slept in her own room without getting up during the night and ending up in our bed. That usually resulted in my head getting kicked when she woke up emoji23.png

Oh that's a bit when that kicks in. Hopefully she'll be sorted now, and only come through on occasion (as it's really quite cute as long as it's not constant).

She's only 16 months old so still in her cot but I'm a deep sleeper so don't wake up when she's whinging down the monitor so the misses will always get up and bring her through.

No idea where 16 months get their energy from, especially now she's not just walking but running 😂

53 minutes ago, keithgy said:

He has suffered trauma from the time with his mother.

Sound like a horrible set of circumstances for you Keith, I'm only really seeing this whole story and whilst I don't know you personally, I have so much respect for you. I'm always hearing stories from my wife who works with Children and I am honestly stunned at what I hear, some kids have got no hope whereas there is children with loving grandparents and other family members who step up and give those kids a chance of a good upbringing and most importantly, love. 

All the best with everything that comes your way, I hope your daughter gets the help she needs and that your Grandchildren strive with the love and care that you're providing them. People like you are the true unsung heroes.

On 06/07/2019 at 22:54, .Stuart. said:

Married my wife last August and we’re now expecting. Went for a our first scan a few weeks ago and found 2 heartbeats... took me a few seconds to figure out what that meant emoji23.png we’ve now had our gender scan and found out we’re having twin girls. Absolutely buzzing... not too hung up on the genders, as long as both are healthy then I don’t care.

Due date is 25th Nov but she will probably be taken in a couple of weeks early.

Only concern is the financial side of it, we both do alright for ourselves, have just moved into a new build and both have a car but me being self employed means I really can’t afford to take too much time off so I’m basically working 7 days a week right now to try and build up some savings.

Think I’ll really struggle with the lack of sleep, I could easily sleep 12 hours a night right now. emoji23.png

Meeting our twin girls tomorrow. A wee bit earlier than scheduled as my wife is showing signs of pre eclampsia. Buzzing and nervous at the same time.

Edited by .Stuart.

1 hour ago, .Stuart. said:

Meeting our twin girls tomorrow. A wee bit earlier than scheduled as my wife is showing signs of pre eclampsia. Buzzing and nervous at the same time.

Sleep tonight as you’re fucked for at least the next two years!

hope all goes well tomorrow 

For those who have their kids at nursery or registered day care / child minders, you might not know about this.

Click onto this link and see if you're eligible for tax free childcare. 

https://www.gov.uk/get-tax-free-childcare

Basically for every £8 you pay in, the government will add £2. My wee lassies nursery fees at Falkirk Council is around 500 a month, we pay 400 into this account, government tops it up, then the next day I go back in and send the payment to the nursery and as its all set up, you chose the nursery from the list and that's that. Pretty simple and saves a small fortune. 

As long as either parent don't earn more than 100k a year then you'll qualify (unless you're on certain benefits or credits). 

Also some 2-3 year olds qualify for nursery, if born prematurely or certain benefits. Worth looking into.

Funded hours are going upto 1120 from next August too with all entitled to free school meal. Not sure how meal will work in partnership nurseries where they take packed lunches if no cook on site. 

6 hours ago, RH33 said:

Also some 2-3 year olds qualify for nursery, if born prematurely or certain benefits. Worth looking into.

Funded hours are going upto 1120 from next August too with all entitled to free school meal. Not sure how meal will work in partnership nurseries where they take packed lunches if no cook on site. 

Aye, we get the full 30 hours funded up here as part of a Highland Council trial. Not having to make a packed lunch every morning is one of lives little pleasures!

On 01/10/2019 at 11:42, Ross. said:

Cheers.

The timing has meant I am missing two stag weekends and have had to cancel plans to spend 3 months traveling South America early next year. It has a lot of making up to do already.

Ross "Thats two stag dos and my South America trip next year love!"

Ross' Mrs "that'll be right"

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Aye, we get the full 30 hours funded up here as part of a Highland Council trial. Not having to make a packed lunch every morning is one of lives little pleasures!

I got an 11-2 term time only job in preparation for the toll out! Works in great with the kids. Been nice step back into employment.

1 hour ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

Ross "Thats two stag dos and my South America trip next year love!"

Ross' Mrs "that'll be right"

She is a bit more gutted about the traveling than I am. Her work had signed off the unpaid leave, I was still only a "maybe" on that score. The stag do's however...

10 hours ago, RH33 said:

Maisie is in Eligible 2's as we are kinship carers,she gets 30 hours a week.