Pregnancy And Parenting

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Anyone got some tips for a 3 year old that keeping doing jobbies in his breeks? He was fine until we went on holiday where he didnt do one for 5 days then just keeps hacking them out in his boxers.

To be honest, its fucking stinking

I’ve a kid with bowel issues, linked to dyspraxia, he’s much older and on medication. 

Send him to potty/toilet for few minutes after each meal. Plenty water and fibre with meal so that they’re soft and easy to pass. Reward chart etc etc 

I’ve a kid with bowel issues, linked to dyspraxia, he’s much older and on medication. 
Send him to potty/toilet for few minutes after each meal. Plenty water and fibre with meal so that they’re soft and easy to pass. Reward chart etc etc 

He refuses to go to the toilet for a jobby. We take him and he tries and it happens sometimes but only little ones. He then goes outside and does it in his pants. He went through a stage of being really good and it has all gone to pot(ty).

Tried the reward chart but he just threw the starts round the house so that got binned:

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I'm incredibly fortunate that the company I work for launched a market leading parental leave policy last year, so I'm about to be off on paternity leave for 6 months at full pay.

I thought I was good at 6 weeks paternal leave.

Had a magic time away at Center Parcs. Brilliant to have a family holiday after the year we’ve had. Unfortunately since coming back the whole house is loaded with the cold. Catherine is barking like a dog and some of the gunk coming out of Fraser’s nose would put some of the scenes from Alien to shame. 

HUGE moment for the wee man yesterday at nursery,he has never did the toilet there and just either holds it in or has an accident.He came home with a well done sticker and when I asked why he got it he proudly went did a pee pee in the big toilet grandpa.

Took him down to the toy shop and spoiled him and rightly so IMHO.

HUGE moment for the wee man yesterday at nursery,he has never did the toilet there and just either holds it in or has an accident.He came home with a well done sticker and when I asked why he got it he proudly went did a pee pee in the big toilet grandpa.
Took him down to the toy shop and spoiled him and rightly so IMHO.
Those wee moments are absolute golden. Their wee faces are so full of joy because they know they've done something good.

Not pissing yourself in public is a massive achievement (and not just at that age and stage).

Two weeks in to this being a parent thing!
Yesterday she did her first poo in a week! It was ridiculous, how does such a tiny wee person produce so much of that?
Had a wee cold over last weekend and has struggled to put weight back on since birth but she’s on her way now. The wife has been brilliant, seems to have the knack with the breast feeding now. You can see why a lot of people give up on it with the effort it requires.

We got a dachshund puppy last month. He's only 3 months old so he's still very small and I'm having problems getting it through to Sakura that she needs to be gentle with the wee guy.

f**k me, she's like Lennie from "of mice and men"! 

We got a dachshund puppy last month. He's only 3 months old so he's still very small and I'm having problems getting it through to Sakura that she needs to be gentle with the wee guy.
f**k me, she's like Lennie from "of mice and men"! 
My two year old really doesnt get it wither with the cat. She frequently tries to climb on his back like a horse and likes to grab his tail.

I am hoping one day he bites her.

Hopefully this is of use to you.

#parenting

Have folk had pets first then the baby growing up with them or got pets after the baby? My cat died before our baby was born and I quite want another cat but missus is worried it'll just be miserable getting chased about the house by a baby. He sometimes gets a hold of next door's cat and he's generally quite gentle but the cat growls at being grabbed instead of stroked.
We already had the cat, and they two do terroririse him but he knows where to go to get away from them. They arent daft.