Pregnancy And Parenting

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

Our wee one was born on Saturday afternoon. Got her home Monday evening.
Currently sitting with her on the nursing chair just rocking back and forth to settle her while the wife gets some much deserved rest.

Congratulations.

3 days overdue here now, the waiting game is very frustrating.

Couple of nice events this week.

My youngest has autism, we have never seen him acknowledge other kids (except his brother now and again) nevermind speak to another child. He was at the soft play and I overheard a little boy ask him his name and my son replied. It'll sound like a small thing but it's a huge success for him, I could feel myself welling up.

Missed the first 10 mins of the Dunfermline game on Saturday when my eldest's wobbly front tooth fell out into his pie. Blood all over the pie and searching through the mince for the tooth. Away to clean him up and he makes me get him a replacement pie, had a mind to get a receipt and leave that out for the tooth fairy as well.

I won’t disagree with that, she’s the best person I know.

Few wee marks on the baby’s face because they had to use the giant salad tongs to help her make her entrance.

Hate those things. My wife's cousin had to have her first delivered using those. His face was an awful state, black and blue. My daughter needed help being delivered because she had her arm above her head. I was shitting it that she would need those things but they ended up using the suction pad thing. It never left a bruise but the back of her head was swollen massively at the back.

Guess I should start reading this thread. 13 week scan out the way, she is definitely up the duff and all looking healthy so far. Just looking for affirmation that it is all incredibly easy and there is nothing to it, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Guess I should start reading this thread. 13 week scan out the way, she is definitely up the duff and all looking healthy so far. Just looking for affirmation that it is all incredibly easy and there is nothing to it, thanks.

Congratulations.

It's tough at times, but it's without a doubt the best thing that you'll ever do.

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Congratulations.

It's tough at times, but it's without a doubt the best thing that you'll ever do.

Cheers.

The timing has meant I am missing two stag weekends and have had to cancel plans to spend 3 months traveling South America early next year. It has a lot of making up to do already.

1 hour ago, Northsea80 said:

I won’t disagree with that, she’s the best person I know.

Few wee marks on the baby’s face because they had to use the giant salad tongs to help her make her entrance.

Grandson nr 3 arrived that way - was a bit worried he'd been damaged for life, but everything back to normal after a few days.

And congratulations!

46 minutes ago, Ross. said:

These two statements are not compatible...

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

These two statements are not compatible...

Not the greatest of starts...

The basics seem to be "Wipe away from the baws/fud" and "Breastfeeding is best for the wean, as well as making it more likely that the da' will get a good nights sleep".

The rest seems to involve Peppa Pig?

Cheers.
The timing has meant I am missing two stag weekends and have had to cancel plans to spend 3 months traveling South America early next year. It has a lot of making up to do already.
You've kind of answered what I was going to say. If you have an active social life you'll feel it. I wasn't one for drinking every weekend or going away too often. My Saturday's were going to Palmerston, so it hasn't really effected me as I still get going.

Lack of sleep will probably be your biggest thing. We were incredibly lucky that Aila has always been a lazy shit and slept 12 hours a night from the 2nd night, so it never effected me from that point of view either (though baby no. 2 is bound to be a night owl :().

Financially we haven't felt the strain either tbh. You'll be falling over clothes that people will buy you so don't go mental on that front. You have 7 months to buy the essentials and again, we never had to buy the cot or the pram as the parents and in-laws wanted to do that. Hopefully you're as lucky there. We get around £80 from family allowance(?) and that was used solely for Aila and it covered pretty much what we needed. Nappies aren't that expensive tbh. Aldi and Tesco own are fine. Don't get mugged off with shite Pampers.

It's the planning that's been the biggest change for me. I used to leave the house at the last possible minute but with a newborn it's more time-consuming.

I wouldn't swap my current situation for before I had a child though and every day she's made me laugh. Soppy shite but she really has made my life better.

5 minutes ago, Ross. said:

The basics seem to be "Wipe away from the baws/fud" and "Breastfeeding is best for the wean, as well as making it more likely that the da' will get a good nights sleep".

Peppa Pig's down the line a wee bit. Although you might want to start watching it, just to get to know the characters and the hang of the plots.

Don't listen to that bullshit either about breastfeeding. Formula is just as good nowadays so if your Mrs isn't comfortable with breastfeeding don't let her be pressured in to it.