Pregnancy And Parenting

20 week scan today. The wee one doesn't seem keen on a sibling but the only time she was coming around to the idea was her saying she wanted a boy. The first photo is almost like excitement and the second is as if she's just realised it's a girl (it is btw) and the penny has just dropped for Jet (the dug) that there will soon be two wee monsters chasing her around all day.

IMG-20190819-WA0002.thumb.jpeg.883f1252007893cb873a9ac89f3d8f56.jpegIMG-20190819-WA0014.thumb.jpeg.8641925b936113b63abee7cc9e9064af.jpeg

14 minutes ago, 50/50 Winner said:

I honestly didn't think I would be posting in this thread. I became a Dad at 19 and again at 22. I'm 36 now and we are expecting our third child in February next year. It has came as a bit of a surprise but we're all very excited.

Congratulations!

Stepdaughter Nr 3 has 4 - 19 years old, 16 years old, 9 years old and 18 months.

4 minutes ago, 50/50 Winner said:
31 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
Congratulations!
Stepdaughter Nr 3 has 4 - 19 years old, 16 years old, 9 years old and 18 months.

Thanks, do the older kids help out with the baby? My concern is that the age gap is too big and the baby will have no real connection with their older siblings.

The 16 year old practically brings her up! The 19 year old interacts with her a bit more now that she's at the toddling stage, the 9 year old helps out, too.

1 hour ago, 50/50 Winner said:

I honestly didn't think I would be posting in this thread. I became a Dad at 19 and again at 22. I'm 36 now and we are expecting our third child in February next year. It has came as a bit of a surprise but we're all very excited.

Oppsies!

Congratulations! 

My oldest has just got over a bout of gastroenteritis, the highlights of which included a trip to A+E and Mrs B finding blood on her pillow in the middle of the night, during all of which I have been away at work, utterly shiting it.

Thank f**k its past now. No doubt the youngests turn incoming.

The 16 year old practically brings her up! The 19 year old interacts with her a bit more now that she's at the toddling stage, the 9 year old helps out, too.
That's good to know, our eldest will probably be off to uni next year so won't have that much to do with the baby. Our youngest is very helpful around the house and I'm hoping that will continue once the baby is here. Having said that, he's yet to fully enter the 'Kevin the teenager' stage so we shall wait and see.

No more stressing on beach days with this girl, with this handy bit of kit. She had full inclusion with the rest of the clan and she loved every minute of it 😍. Bought through funding and available to the kids that need it

8A1970F8-A50E-4C56-8C3C-5FEF963F66A1.jpeg

On 27/08/2018 at 20:40, Honest Saints Fan said:

Anyone have any experience of waters breaking early? Mine broke on Friday morning at exactly 27 weeks :( Baby is good but on bed rest and twice weekly checkups at the hospital for blood tests and scans. Just a waiting game really now.

This was a whole year ago!

Wee Fraser will be one in 2 weeks! He's doing so well for a 29 weeker. Mastered sitting up this last week. He should catch up developmentally by the age of 2. He's a great wee character! 

5 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Wee Fraser will be one in 2 weeks! He's doing so well for a 29 weeker. Mastered sitting up this last week. He should catch up developmentally by the age of 2. He's a great wee character! 

Good to hear HSF,  onwards and upwards for you all, hope alls well with you too🤞

grandbairn No6 due tomorrow, so we’re sitting on stand by for the call, long walks and bouncing on big balls order of the day 🙈

On 23/08/2019 at 22:50, heedthebaa said:

Good to hear HSF,  onwards and upwards for you all, hope alls well with you too🤞

grandbairn No6 due tomorrow, so we’re sitting on stand by for the call, long walks and bouncing on big balls order of the day 🙈

All grand here. Full remission confirmed today and not back at the consultant for 12 weeks. 

Here's a wee before and after of the wee man! 

20190826_195729.jpg

Anyone have any experience of waters breaking early? Mine broke on Friday morning at exactly 27 weeks [emoji20] Baby is good but on bed rest and twice weekly checkups at the hospital for blood tests and scans. Just a waiting game really now.
My mate's wee one arrived after 26 weeks. She weighed 2lb and was on oxygen for a good while but she is a healthy wee girl now with no after effects. 27 weeks obviously isn't ideal and we'd all be slightly concerned but hopefully the above shows you that even so early on they are fighters and you don't have to fear the worst.
Told you not to worry [emoji14]

Great to see him doing well. My mate's daughter is the same. We think they are so pathetically fragile but they are far stronger than we give them credit for.

2 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

All grand here. Full remission confirmed today and not back at the consultant for 12 weeks. 

Here's a wee before and after of the wee man! 

20190826_195729.jpg

Happy days 👍

On 23/08/2019 at 21:40, heedthebaa said:

No more stressing on beach days with this girl, with this handy bit of kit. She had full inclusion with the rest of the clan and she loved every minute of it 😍. Bought through funding and available to the kids that need it

8A1970F8-A50E-4C56-8C3C-5FEF963F66A1.jpeg

That looks like some buggy! Good for you and uour family, hope you get plenty use out of it.