Pregnancy And Parenting

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
40 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:
Our 2 breezed through chicken pox too. Porridge baths and diprobase cream were definitely the best remedies for us. Poor Fraser got some dose though he was completely covered! 
IMG_20190105_193517_986.jpg.c2f39b497955f54490126a148c7739f6.jpg

OYF! Aila's back, stomach and scalp is covered but her face is not even close to as bad as that. I suppose the only 'good' thing about him getting them so young is that you could protect him from scratching with the mitts?

His whole body was the same!

Aye the socks were put on the hands. He has one scar on his forehead above his eye where the big spot is but other than that he had no issues.

In the last week I have had to explain to my daughter what a wheelchair is.

This is because when we were walking through a car park she asked me why there was a painting of a man on the toilet on the ground.

She also woke up with a sore throat recently and told me she "has the wrong voice".

Both of these amused me greatly.

Married my wife last August and we’re now expecting. Went for a our first scan a few weeks ago and found 2 heartbeats... took me a few seconds to figure out what that meant [emoji23] we’ve now had our gender scan and found out we’re having twin girls. Absolutely buzzing... not too hung up on the genders, as long as both are healthy then I don’t care.

Due date is 25th Nov but she will probably be taken in a couple of weeks early.

Only concern is the financial side of it, we both do alright for ourselves, have just moved into a new build and both have a car but me being self employed means I really can’t afford to take too much time off so I’m basically working 7 days a week right now to try and build up some savings.

Think I’ll really struggle with the lack of sleep, I could easily sleep 12 hours a night right now. [emoji23]

Married my wife last August and we’re now expecting. Went for a our first scan a few weeks ago and found 2 heartbeats... took me a few seconds to figure out what that meant [emoji23] we’ve now had our gender scan and found out we’re having twin girls. Absolutely buzzing... not too hung up on the genders, as long as both are healthy then I don’t care.

Only concern is the financial side of it, we both do alright for ourselves, have just moved into a new build and both have a car but me being self employed means I really can’t afford to take too much time off so I’m basically working 7 days a week right now to try and build up some savings.

Think I’ll really struggle with the lack of sleep, I could easily sleep 12 hours a night right now. [emoji23]
Kids, especially babies, really arent as expensive as one imagines.... Only issue for you is that you will need double obviously!

As for sleep.... Yeah I offer no reassurances there. You are fucked!!

Congrats though.

Oats in the bath worked well for my two, who had chickenpox a few weeks ago. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated it, the baby breezed through it and apart from being a bit sleepier and covered in spots, didn't change at all. Our oldest was a bit more noticeably ill but she seemed happy to have an excuse to sit and watch CBeebies for longer than we usually let her.

15 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Married my wife last August and we’re now expecting. Went for a our first scan a few weeks ago and found 2 heartbeats... took me a few seconds to figure out what that meant emoji23.png we’ve now had our gender scan and found out we’re having twin girls. Absolutely buzzing... not too hung up on the genders, as long as both are healthy then I don’t care.

Think I’ll really struggle with the lack of sleep, I could easily sleep 12 hours a night right now. emoji23.png

Don’t be taken in by all the gimmicks. You don’t need a £1500 buggy, baby wipe warmer or the plethora of shite that gets punted!

Also guntree and babybays are great for second hand stuff, often hardly used! And the ikea £11 high chairs are the best!

As Rowan said, don't be suckered in by the "you'll need this" pish. And don't go nuts with clothes just now either as you'll end up with more than you'll use after people buy it for you.

My one recommendation (and others on here have vouched for it as well) is getting the perfect prep. They're around £70 but worth every penny and if it's twins, you absolutely do need this [emoji38]

140162.jpg

^^^^ Bang on the money. Would be worth 700 notes, never mind 70

Are you pair for real? All that thing does is add a small bit of boiling water and then adds cold water to get the milk to a good temperature. It’s not an essential.

Are you pair for real? All that thing does is add a small bit of boiling water and then adds cold water to get the milk to a good temperature. It’s not an essential.
^^^left the bottles to the Mrs.

Prepping a bottle the old school way with two screaming babies over a dozen times a day, for weeks/months..... Or spend 70 quid to have said bottles ready in seconds.

Think I'm in agreement with throbber here. Didnt take that long to boil a kettle and make bottles up. Didnt take long for said bottles to cool down.
We had a system and it worked.
Maybe be different with twins mind you but with 1 baby it was fine.
Even when having a 2 year old and a baby it was still fine.

Miss it a little bit as had a wee routine on the go and curtain times I'd do this in.

Now I've 9 n 7 year old boys who are either now playing with each other ( didnt think that ever happen with oldest son ) or they want nothing to do with each other.
It's going to be a long summer as just back from holidays.

I’m not saying it’s not a decent purchase but all it does is fill the bottle up with 1-2 ml of boiling water and then the remaining volume is cold water so it gets the milk to the desired temperature. There’s no reason why you can’t just use a kettle and some cold water, if you have water in the fridge so it’s always at a consistent temperature you can have the ratio of hot/cold water down to a tee in no time. Would be easier using a kettle when you have twins as well rather than waiting for one milk to be ready before starting the second one. It’s crazy that people are saying it’s the best money they have ever spent when it’s just an over priced kettle!

I had no bottle stuff bought in for first as I was adamant I was breast feeding. Not even a pump.

It was six weeks of utter hell and a baby who dropped weight no matter what. Breastfeeding ‘support’ groups are horrific places. Genuinely needed therapy to get over the whole experience.

I made bottles fresh for each feed for each of mine. 

Never bothered with a formula machine like that, we just filled a pyrex dish with cold water then put another dish inside that with the boiled water, it gets down to a decent temperature quickly.
One thing I think was very handy was a sleepyhead, they're expensive new but if you can find used ones they're very good at keeping wee one feeling secure when they're wee and figuring out sleep.
image.thumb.png.bb163f3ffa86f064efddb99539490a0f.png

My oldest one made serious use of the sleepyhead. Sleep positioners are in the process of being ostracised right enough

On 06/07/2019 at 22:54, .Stuart. said:

Married my wife last August and we’re now expecting. Went for a our first scan a few weeks ago and found 2 heartbeats... took me a few seconds to figure out what that meant emoji23.png we’ve now had our gender scan and found out we’re having twin girls. Absolutely buzzing... not too hung up on the genders, as long as both are healthy then I don’t care.

Think I’ll really struggle with the lack of sleep, I could easily sleep 12 hours a night right now. emoji23.png

Did you just assume your kids' gender?

(Congratulations!)

As Rowan said, don't be suckered in by the "you'll need this" pish. And don't go nuts with clothes just now either as you'll end up with more than you'll use after people buy it for you.

My one recommendation (and others on here have vouched for it as well) is getting the perfect prep. They're around £70 but worth every penny and if it's twins, you absolutely do need this [emoji38]

140162.jpg.1e791cff52fde5ea9676a87f9b618e0d.jpg
Known as the god machine in the house. 6 mam microwave bottles (can be done individually) and this thing. Magic.
Did the old fashioned way when away and given this thing is faster than my Tassimo (yes they have been started at same time, usually at 6am) I would recommend it.

Oh and if you drive alot and don't fancy the megabuggy check out the doona system, was originally bought for going into town or short car trips, ended up getting rid of the travel system she bought practically unused

2 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Oh and if you drive alot and don't fancy the megabuggy check out the doona system, was originally bought for going into town or short car trips, ended up getting rid of the travel system she bought practically unused

It's tremendous. My #1 recommendation to expectant parents.