Pregnancy And Parenting

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

After the bath, oldest one (4) had a serious meltdown about the prospect of her mummy getting dead and going to heaven and she wouldnt have a mummy anymore and be left on her own. Must admit I wasnt laughing about that one emoji24.png

Tell her mummies are ten a penny and can be replaced.

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

12 week scan today. Second and final kid due early January. Poor wee fecker, shite time for a birthday.

You should have thought of that back in April...

Congratulations!
I always said 2 was the limit, don't rule it out [emoji12]
Congratulations!
Two is definitely enough. 
I'd have been happy with one. We basically decided if it didn't happen this year then we'd call it a day. I'm delighted we are having another but I expect I'll go for the op after this one.

When the consultant told us my wife had to have her section the conversation went something like this. “Given your complications we need to do the section on Thursday. “ “That’s Hogmanay” said me. “Yes Mr Haggerty. Is that an issue for you?” “Well if you could hold off till Friday that would be better.” “Why would Friday be better?” “Well we’re having a boy so if he’s born on Thursday he’s a 2015. If he’s born on Friday he’s a 2016. It makes a literal year of a difference when it comes to his boys club football. “ “Mr Haggerty are you sure you’re taking this seriously?” No sense of humour.

On 24/06/2019 at 16:15, MixuFixit said:

That's quite big news for the pair of you, probably more so you if you've never had a diagnosis. What's it been like since?

It was when I was researching about ASD when we suspected my son had it and a few things I read just ran true. It took me a while to decide whether I wanted to know or not. I got diagnosed last September. It's been okay, understanding why I think differently from most people is there now but nothing has really changed.

I'm hoping it makes raising my son easier. Hopefully an autistic child being raised by an autistic parent is easier on the child than two neurotypical parents.

After 8 months and £10k we have finally finished the house,the kids have their own rooms and we are downstairs in the bedroom we built.We now have the lawyers to look forward to on Tuesday to fight for residence.The social work are funding £6k in legal fees for it.

Edited by keithgy

Chickenpox on a 2 year old is a great laugh, aint it? default_sad.png
My two breezed it surprisingly (sorry) but the porridge bath seems to be all round the best advice. I seen a difference in my oldest with that when it looked like it might start bothering her.

Both of the kids had them before Christmas,piriton helped them.
Also head and shoulders original in the bath soothes the spots

Yeah both these things seem to be helping. She loves the bath at the best of times so it's win win on that front.
My two breezed it surprisingly (sorry) but the porridge bath seems to be all round the best advice. I seen a difference in my oldest with that when it looked like it might start bothering her.
Tbf she hasn't been too bad. She clearly isn't herself and is visibly run down. I can't say I've noticed her itching much either. The trouble seems to be that some of the heads are coming off now and it's obviously hurting her; especially when we lather her with the calamine. She has been crying a wee bit but the trouble is we've been ruined with her up until now and she very rarely cries, so if she cries for more than a minute it's a shock to our system [emoji38]

Our 2 breezed through chicken pox too. Porridge baths and diprobase cream were definitely the best remedies for us. Poor Fraser got some dose though he was completely covered! 
IMG_20190105_193517_986.jpg.c2f39b497955f54490126a148c7739f6.jpg
Fucking hell. I say mine breezed it but they didnt get it anywhere near as bad as that. Must have been a mild dose through our house!

Our 2 breezed through chicken pox too. Porridge baths and diprobase cream were definitely the best remedies for us. Poor Fraser got some dose though he was completely covered! 
IMG_20190105_193517_986.jpg.c2f39b497955f54490126a148c7739f6.jpg
OYF! Aila's back, stomach and scalp is covered but her face is not even close to as bad as that. I suppose the only 'good' thing about him getting them so young is that you could protect him from scratching with the mitts?