Pregnancy And Parenting

My wee lassie turned 10 months old today and what a happy wee gorgeous kid she is but we have one very small issue which is a pain in the arse, she loves Boobs as much as her Daddy :lol: . Has anyone else had issues trying to get their Baby onto a bottle? My wee lassie just point blank refuses, even if it’s expressed, tried for months and still no luck. My wife goes back to work in 2 weeks time and it’s a slight concern to say the least!

please feel free to tell me to f**k off to Mumsnet :unsure2:

My wee boy is 7 weeks old today, he’s still sucking the wife’s milk melons but after 4 weeks we tried a bottle with her milk so he could get used to me doing a bottle and the wee man just got right in amongst it haha, we got lucky I think, absolute milk guzzling machine!

She was told before we tried it by friends to make sure we had the right size of teet for the bottle as different sizes can cause issues, I’m guessing yous have already tried that tho!

Got home not long ago and decided to go out with the wee one to find puddles to jump in with her wellies. She absolutely loved it. I'm loving this age and am really going to miss it when a simple thing like jumping in a puddle no longer amuses her for an hour.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Got home not long ago and decided to go out with the wee one to find puddles to jump in with her wellies. She absolutely loved it. I'm loving this age and am really going to miss it when a simple thing like jumping in a puddle no longer amuses her for an hour.

It carries on. I remember being about 8 when my parents bought us all (me and my older 2 sisters) waterproof winter gear (we were in Sweden and the winters can be harsher). Of course we went straight out and jumped in puddles. Mum and Dad went ballistic, that could have been the first time I realised that grown ups are morons.

7 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

My wee boy is 7 weeks old today, he’s still sucking the wife’s milk melons but after 4 weeks we tried a bottle with her milk so he could get used to me doing a bottle and the wee man just got right in amongst it haha, we got lucky I think, absolute milk guzzling machine!

She was told before we tried it by friends to make sure we had the right size of teet for the bottle as different sizes can cause issues, I’m guessing yous have already tried that tho!

We got mixed advice, we were told if you start messing around with bottles or dummies they can lose interest in the breast...

my wife went back to work full time this week so our wee lassie won’t get her midday feed but to be honest, I think she takes those feeds as comfort more than anything now, she’s good as drinking water from a sippy Cup now. 

We got mixed advice, we were told if you start messing around with bottles or dummies they can lose interest in the breast...
my wife went back to work full time this week so our wee lassie won’t get her midday feed but to be honest, I think she takes those feeds as comfort more than anything now, she’s good as drinking water from a sippy Cup now. 

Our oldest was pretty much just feeding for comfort most of the time when my wife went back. The evening feed seemed to be the only one that actually mattered. Only a couple of weeks away from weaning the baby, can't say I'm looking foreword to it.

31 minutes ago, keithgy said:

We leave on Thursday for Lanzarote with the wee man,Maisie is away to her dad's for 2 weeks.

Get yer self down to Puerto del Carmen on the 25th if you are still over there to watch the Ironman competition. Well worth a look.

Wandering through silverburn with my three year old earlier. A security guard with a ponytail passes across the front of us and as loud as he possibly could my son pipes up “Daddy why does that man have girls hair?” I burst into a loud snigger.