Pregnancy And Parenting

My wee lassie turned 10 months old today and what a happy wee gorgeous kid she is but we have one very small issue which is a pain in the arse, she loves Boobs as much as her Daddy :lol: . Has anyone else had issues trying to get their Baby onto a bottle? My wee lassie just point blank refuses, even if it’s expressed, tried for months and still no luck. My wife goes back to work in 2 weeks time and it’s a slight concern to say the least!

please feel free to tell me to f**k off to Mumsnet :unsure2:

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I've not had long term problems with my wee one being on the bottle, but he has had a few spells where he goes on strike from it. We got through it by putting bigger teats on the bottles. With the smaller ones he could just push it about with his tongue instead of drinking, the bigger one fills his mouth and he just gets on with it. Worth investigating?

Tried that a few nights ago and no luck. Back before Christmas we managed to get her to take a bottle but when I had time off work we got lazy and just kept breastfeeding her for the sake of convenience, unfortunately that’s backfired big time. 

Mind you, I’ve not had to get up once during the night for a feed. Every cloud and that 

They always say it's easiest if your Mrs doesn't try bottle feeding to begin with and should also leave the room so that the wee one doesn't see their normal route to milk. Bottle type is another thing. Might take trying a few different ones before the wee one takes to it. Good luck. 

3 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

They always say it's easiest if your Mrs doesn't try bottle feeding to begin with and should also leave the room so that the wee one doesn't see their normal route to milk. Bottle type is another thing. Might take trying a few different ones before the wee one takes to it. Good luck. 

How are you Mrs? Hope you and the brood are well. x

11 minutes ago, sjc said:

How are you Mrs? Hope you and the brood are well. x

I'm doing great thanks and so are the brood! I am the best I've been in a year. Waiting on the Queen Elizabeth giving me a date for my stem cell transplant, should be a few weeks maximum wait. Wee bit nervous but know it will be worth it in the long run. :)

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I'm doing great thanks and so are the brood! I am the best I've been in a year. Waiting on the Queen Elizabeth giving me a date for my stem cell transplant, should be a few weeks maximum wait. Wee bit nervous but know it will be worth it in the long run. :)

Great to hear you're (all) well and in a positive frame of mind :)

Gambatte! x

5 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

My wee lassie turned 10 months old today and what a happy wee gorgeous kid she is but we have one very small issue which is a pain in the arse, she loves Boobs as much as her Daddy :lol: . Has anyone else had issues trying to get their Baby onto a bottle? My wee lassie just point blank refuses, even if it’s expressed, tried for months and still no luck. My wife goes back to work in 2 weeks time and it’s a slight concern to say the least!

please feel free to tell me to f**k off to Mumsnet :unsure2:

We wouldn’t do that, once they found out you were from p&b you’d get banned! (Long story!)

Have you tried a sippy cup rather than a bottle? 

Once the Mrs is at work she’s not going to have a choice so you may find it clicks into place, she won’t starve though! 

9 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Good

43 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Oh I forgot, it's not a long term solution but using a medicine spoon got milk into him once when he was refusing the bottle. Slow progress though!

Stubborn wee shites, aren’t they?!

11 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Aye that’s how we got it first time round before complacency kicked in at Christmas. We’ve also tried a few different bottles and teets, it were the Nuk latex ones we found luck with at first but even with the larger ones now she’ll still not take it. 

6 hours ago, Rowan said:

We wouldn’t do that, once they found out you were from p&b you’d get banned! (Long story!)

Have you tried a sippy cup rather than a bottle? 

Once the Mrs is at work she’s not going to have a choice so you may find it clicks into place, she won’t starve though! 

She drinks water from the sippy cup but she’s had a teething moment of late so hasn’t wanted water either. She’s a proper wee Diva, like her maw :lol:

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Oh I forgot, it's not a long term solution but using a medicine spoon got milk into him once when he was refusing the bottle. Slow progress though!

That might be a shout, that or trying the wee medicine syringe, weans eh?! :lol:

Edited by Ingo ohne Flamingo

• 2 weeks later...