Pregnancy And Parenting

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Many congrats KB. I’m just so glad it’s not me emoji23.png

Same. 

Two is definitely my limit, even before my life went to shit. Ruggy might even get out of the snip, the wee lucky arsehole, as I'm probably going to be put into the menopause after my transplant. I only wanted him to suffer once... :lol:

5 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Her choice not mine! 

Is she having a section? Makes sense if she is as wee 2 for 1 deal.

Its easy op of not, I had it done when my wee one was two. 

17 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Is she having a section? Makes sense if she is as wee 2 for 1 deal.

Its easy op of not, I had it done when my wee one was two. 

Aye, will be.  The previous two have been.  First one was an emergency and they didn't give her the option for the second. 

36 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Aye, will be.  The previous two have been.  First one was an emergency and they didn't give her the option for the second. 

They’ll just do it while in then. They aren’t keen on more three sections either. 

Took my girls to Ayr v County game tonight. My super sensible middle one thought there was too much swearing. My bampot third child was yelling “ref you need glasses”!

We’re expecting our first baby, due in mid September.
First grandchild for my parents and they seem even more excited than the wife and I are! All conversations now seem to revolve around if we’re interested or otherwise in a trip to mothercare/the pram centre and various other baby related shops!

14 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

First grandchild for my parents and they seem even more excited than the wife and I are! All conversations now seem to revolve around if we’re interested or otherwise in a trip to mothercare/the pram centre and various other baby related shops!

Congratulations!

You don’t need half the shite they try and flog you! But it’s fun buying it!

After Violet was born I was absolutely convinced I would never want a third, but now I'm seeing proper wee newborns from time to time I'm feeling pretty sad about the thought of not having that again. I've got a feeling that when the proper young, toddler/baby phase is over I'll be pretty tempted to have a third.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

After Violet was born I was absolutely convinced I would never want a third, but now I'm seeing proper wee newborns from time to time I'm feeling pretty sad about the thought of not having that again. I've got a feeling that when the proper young, toddler/baby phase is over I'll be pretty tempted to have a third.

I was like this until just before Alice turned 5. Was always convinced that we were done. Mind changed over the back half of last year, decided in October we would go for it again.

Congratulations!
You don’t need half the shite they try and flog you! But it’s fun buying it!

Thanks

These places do make it seem like you need all the stuff. There’s a pram in the pram centre that’s 2 grand! Who’s paying that for a pram? I mean it does have gold wings on it but it’s two thousand pounds!!!

The most overwhelming thing is being bombarded by questions about nursery and schools by the grand parents to be, baby isn’t even here yet and they’re mapping out all that stuff.

Thanks

These places do make it seem like you need all the stuff. There’s a pram in the pram centre that’s 2 grand! Who’s paying that for a pram? I mean it does have gold wings on it but it’s two thousand pounds!!!

The most overwhelming thing is being bombarded by questions about nursery and schools by the grand parents to be, baby isn’t even here yet and they’re mapping out all that stuff.

I think we paid £600 for ours and were given the money for it from her grandparents. I would have rather we just bought a second hand one off gumtree and kept the cash but the mrs was having none of it.

Also congratulations on ruining your life.

13 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

Thanks

It all depends on your budget, looking back I well overspent on the pram and bought lots of unnecessary shite. By the time our second came along I had a fairer idea of what I actually needed. 

Also, pram "envy" and judging is rife amongst new Mums. I couldn't believe it. 

It all depends on your budget, looking back I well overspent on the pram and bought lots of unnecessary shite. By the time our second came along I had a fairer idea of what I actually needed. 
Also, pram "envy" and judging is rife amongst new Mums. I couldn't believe it. 

I’ve never heard of pram envy among new mothers, where have you experienced this? In fairness the pram is going to do some mileage and is going to carry a lot of shit and is one of the most important bits of kit so its not bad to spend a bit extra on a good one.

I’ve never heard of pram envy among new mothers, where have you experienced this? In fairness the pram is going to do some mileage and is going to carry a lot of shit and is one of the most important bits of kit so its not bad to spend a bit extra on a good one.
Well we can rule out your couch then...

Was at a wedding yesterday and my daughter was inhaling sharply, sounded like she was gasping for air at parts. We couldn’t just sit back and allow it to go on so we went to the hospital, waited for 2 hours to be seen and it turns out she has croup which will go away in a few weeks apparently and doesn’t need any medication. Normally it’s me who ruins the wedding as well.

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

These baby clubs and prenatal classes threw up the odd bitchy comment. 

Don't listen to throbber here. Buy one that suits your budget and is practical. No point in getting into debt over something you'll use for two years.

These baby clubs and prenatal classes threw up the odd bitchy comment. 
Don't listen to throbber here. Buy one that suits your budget and is practical. No point in getting into debt over something you'll use for two years.

I’m not saying spend £2k on one but its something that you will use a lot and you get what you pay for, our was £600 but that had a car seat as well and the 2 separate parts from when the baby is very small until they can sit up and it had a changing bag as well. Also it’s his first child so he may well have another one and then in a few years can flog it for £100-£200 so long as it’s well looked after.

16 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

Congratulations bud and yes, they will probably be more excited than you :lol: always good to get the babysitters sorted early on though 

35 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Congratulations bud and yes, they will probably be more excited than you :lol:always good to get the babysitters sorted early on though 

Assuming they'll still be alive whenever the child is born...

I hated mums and tots groups as they can be clique and bitchy.  And I’d you try and struggle with breastfeeding and go to the ‘support’ groups they’re even more judgemental.

Prams are a status symbol these days. I don’t give two hoots about status so I bought what I liked. 

I had a city wheels with the first two. Cost £250. I went to mothercare and pram centre to get idea of what I liked but in the end saw someone with it in a park!

I also had a babyjogger mini city twin and single and they were great as it was easy to menouver with one had while holding a toddlers hand. Also good storage basket and one half fold. 

Remember and check that it’ll actually fits in your car too!