Pregnancy And Parenting

9 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Cheers mate. Tbh, my missus is a total trooper and is doing great. Just me that’s been having a bit of an emotional-wobble today for no obvious reason other than having a bit of time alone with my thoughts.

Fucking shite when the Bo’ness game gets called off! emoji1.png

I lost two in 2017.   

The first one we didn't know the reasons but on the 2nd I requested the fetus was tested and it came back positive for patau syndrome and we found out the gender of the baby.   

Losing a baby is super common and there's nothing you or your partner did wrong.  

I lost two in 2017.    

The first one we didn't know the reasons but on the 2nd I requested the fetus was tested and it came back positive for patau syndrome and we found out the gender of the baby.

Losing a baby is super common and there's nothing you or your partner did wrong.  

I think that’s what’s probably keeping this swirling in the back of my mind. We took them up on the offer of a post mortem but still haven’t heard anything, though they said it could take up to 12 weeks for results.

ETA: My first effort at ‘post mortem’ came out as postMorton.

IMG_8364.jpg

31 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I think that’s what’s probably keeping this swirling in the back of my mind. We took them up on the offer of a post mortem but still haven’t heard anything, though they said it could take up to 12 weeks for results

You might want to think in advance whether you want to know the gender of the baby.   The quality of scans these days makes it more personal than it would have done 20 years ago.   Your GP will ask you what you want to know from the findings.    

Sorry it's a little graphic but I'm relaying my experience.  

You might want to think in advance whether you want to know the gender of the baby.   The quality of scans these days makes it more personal than it would have done 20 years ago.   Your GP will ask you what you want to know from the findings.    

Sorry it's a little graphic but I'm relaying my experience.  

We’ve asked to find out everything and anything.

21 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Thanks both. It’s weird what you said there about guilt LM. I was thinking earlier on today that this week has pretty much been a good week, but then I realised I hadn’t really thought about that day this week, then all of a sudden felt this overwhelming feeling of guilt for having not thought about it, and that’s kind of what sent me on this train of thought I guess. I’m realising now that it’s probably only natural feeling this way and it probably is a sign of getting over it, but it just kind of threw me a bit.

Like dealing with any loss, you're allowed to be happy, you're allowed to have good days. Me telling you that won't stop you feeling guilty, of course, but you will get there, I promise you that. 

We were told they wouldn’t investigate until three confirmed miscarriages.

Really? We were at 13 weeks and so were treated effectively the same as having lost a nearly full term or actually born. From what we were told at the hospital that day, the Mortonhall Ashes Scandal a few years ago opened up a huge can of worms and most of the procedures, protocol, legalities etc have all changed since.

Mine were about 12/13 years ago now. One mine was all fine at 6 and 10 week early scans but when we got for routine scan at 12ish weeks the heartbeat had stopped.

Not sure if I’d have wanted to know but at least there is the option now.

I went on to have three perfectly healthy kids so count my blessings and all that.

On 14/03/2019 at 11:40, keithgy said:

We have been given Kinship of the children 

Excellent

On 14/03/2019 at 11:53, heedthebaa said:

Never in doubt, onwards and upwards for you all 

Correct

Thanks both. It’s weird what you said there about guilt LM. I was thinking earlier on today that this week has pretty much been a good week, but then I realised I hadn’t really thought about that day this week, then all of a sudden felt this overwhelming feeling of guilt for having not thought about it, and that’s kind of what sent me on this train of thought I guess. I’m realising now that it’s probably only natural feeling this way and it probably is a sign of getting over it, but it just kind of threw me a bit.

IMG_8373.jpg

Cheers mate. Tbh, my missus is a total trooper and is doing great. Just me that’s been having a bit of an emotional-wobble today for no obvious reason other than having a bit of time alone with my thoughts.

Fucking shite when the Bo’ness game gets called off! [emoji1]

IMG_8374.jpg

What an absolute fucking loser [emoji1]

Get in the bin.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
Boom straight into the grass
emoji38.png

It does look like a distinct possibility there

The older one's jacket is pretty cool. Will you get it as a hand-me-down when she grows out of it?